Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

JediMasterMatt

I like to keep things simple.

For those asking when is Star Wars Land going to open, you should be asking when is Toy Story Land is going to open.

Until TSL starts, it can't finish. Until TSL finishes, SWL won't open. TSL is needed to be online first or else SWL will make Frostrom at Epcot look like the current Imagination lines.

WildcatDen

When is NKotB's next tour so we get a break from this loser? Maybe you can hitch your wagon to the Dixie Chicks' revival, Jordan?
I am embarrassed to say that the dixie chicks are from our country.
I know some people like to talk about the dixie's enormous talent, but I no longer see it that way.

alissafalco

I just got this email
image.jpg

doctornick

It opened with launch bay on the 1st. Chewie was the meet and greet for the first day I don't know if it has changed at all since.

It's funny since it's specifically a Imperial M&G.... what exactly is going on with Chewie these days?

Edit: Since Vader is a regular M&G already that anyone can go to, it would be nice is the Visa M&G would be someone different, like (say) Darth Maul or Boba Fett. But I got the sense it will mostly be just Vader.

boufa

Here is a question I have not seen here before...

I know Disney has rules for the characters, like they cannot be in 2 places at the same time.. then how is Darth at the M&G as well as at the Jedi Training Academy, and also at the Chase M&G?!?!?

BTW... it sounds like the Chase M&G is just a regular character, but with shorter lines... but I could be wrong on that point.

ToTBellHop

I know Disney has rules for the characters, like they cannot be in 2 places at the same time.. then how is Darth at the M&G as well as at the Jedi Training Academy, and also at the Chase M&G?!?!?

BTW... it sounds like the Chase M&G is just a regular character, but with shorter lines... but I could be wrong on that point.
They can't be visible in two places by one person. There can be more than one offering of a character though. They just can't, for example, have Mickey in an outdoor M&G within sight of the Castle Forecourt. That doesn't mean Mickey can't be greeting in Town Square Theatre during Dream Along.

JWG

They can't be visible in two places by one person. There can be more than one offering of a character though. They just can't, for example, have Mickey in an outdoor M&G within sight of the Castle Forecourt. That doesn't mean Mickey can't be greeting in Town Square Theatre during Dream Along.

And all meet and greets are stopped during parade times (at the parade park). Well, at least for characters in the parade.

boufa

And all meet and greets are stopped during parade times (at the parade park). Well, at least for characters in the parade.

This is in contradiction to the previous post. Unless the parade is such a big deal that they feel that it creates a conflict. I just have a small problem with a kid standing in the Chase m&G line, seeing Vader, then seeing him in the main m&g line a few minutes later, then 5 minutes later seeing him at the Jedi Academy. Vader in 3 places in one small park just seems to be an issue for me.

Cesar R M

This is in contradiction to the previous post. Unless the parade is such a big deal that they feel that it creates a conflict. I just have a small problem with a kid standing in the Chase m&G line, seeing Vader, then seeing him in the main m&g line a few minutes later, then 5 minutes later seeing him at the Jedi Academy. Vader in 3 places in one small park just seems to be an issue for me.
I wonder why the hell they do not add more jedi and siths.
is that hard to add more characters?

J. D.

I agree with you about the Launch Bay Vaders (sounds like a football team), but the Vader in the new Jedi Academy is not meant to be real. He's like the Vader that Luke sees in the cave on Dagobah. I actually feel like that was a smart choice for the show as they can now include any villains they want and have it still make sense.

Matt_Black

I agree with you about the Launch Bay Vaders (sounds like a football team), but the Vader in the new Jedi Academy is not meant to be real. He's like the Vader that Luke sees in the cave on Dagobah. I actually feel like that was a smart choice for the show as they can now include any villains they want and have it still make sense.

You win a no-prize for that answer.

brb1006

I remember visiting Hollywood Studios in 2006, we were heading to the Indiana Jones attraction if I remember. After the stars and motor cars parade was leaving our area we walked past the Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet and the door was half open. We saw Mickey meeting guests while another Mickey is still in the parade.

brb1006

Let see.....

A new Day parade was long overdue. They've been recycling the same floats since the 100 years of magic promotion. How about a new night parade too?

FOLK has been around since DAK opened. So has Harambe. They've had shops before. Meh.

7DMTC simply replaced the existing Snow White ride, still a net of Zero when it comes to actually adding anything.

Disney Springs - Formely Downtown Disney, Formerly Disney Village - has been there since the 70s. Again, meh. Screwing up traffic on BVD over four years doesn't make me excited.

Nothing you've listed would make me drop a few thousand for a vacation. Star Wars tho....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom