Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

AmUK

Because, unlike you, we have more important things to be worried about

Yet you have 873 posts on a Disney forum.

I'll be honest going to Orlando, and enjoying Dinsey and Universal are major parts of my life. We love it. But the last 4 years or so, Disney does not change, improve, nothing. Criminal lack of investment.

bhg469

jar..jar.. meetable...

6bUth1G.gif
Maybe there is a communication issue. Maybe they meant "meet" as in "I'll meet you in the court yard after school to settle our differences in fisticuffs"

Matt_Black

Yet you have 873 posts on a Disney forum.

I'll be honest going to Orlando, and enjoying Dinsey and Universal are major parts of my life. We love it. But the last 4 years or so, Disney does not change, improve, nothing. Criminal lack of investment.

You know, aside from the Seven Dwarfs Coaster, Festival of Fantasy Parade, new theater for Festival of the Lion King, Harambe Market, Disney Springs, there has been ABSOLUTELY nothing changed, improved, or debuted, NOTHING!!!

NormC

Clearly you have not visited lately. A lot has happened in four years. It might not be what you wanted to happen but your opinion does not change facts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When will some of you get annoyed that construction hasn't started, what's your limit?
January? March? July 2016 ?

If there were no signs of anything coming to DHS then I would be annoyed, but we have had an official announcement, and permits have started to show up, so things are finally moving along. Yes, I would like to see things moving quicker, but at least they are moving.

HauntedMansionFLA

If there were no signs of anything coming to DHS then I would be annoyed, but we have had an official announcement, and permits have started to show up, so things are finally moving along. Yes, I would like to see things moving quicker, but at least they are moving.
It's not like they can start construction the day after the announcement and yes, they have to have the permits in pace first. Hopefully we will start to see some movement after the holidays.

Maerj

Not park related, but why did I see/read several news pieces in regard to Star Wars merch not flying off the shelves for Black Friday? It was like they were intentionally trying to downplay Star Wars hype. For starters, black Friday shoppers/zombies are mostly out for deals on electronics such as tv or phones, not so much for toys, and secondly, I went to our local Wal Mart on Saturday (for an HDMI cable) and the Star Wars section was empty, there were a few action figures left but that was it, everything else had been purchased.

Most of the articles had headlines ending in a question mark, which is pure click bait. Headlines such as, 'Is Star Wars fatigue setting in?' Shoddy journalism, IMO. I dont see any fatigue setting in, only growing stronger. And why the hate or Star Wars? I can only assume the authors were fans of Avatar, lol

There may have been a lack of Star Wars sales because there was a lack of Star Wars figures to sell. I was out for 'Force Friday' at my local Toys R Us, and everyone left empty handed. We walked quickly back to the SW section and there was barely anything on the pegs, which is the way it has been. Disney/Lucasfilm need to drop Hasbro.

Bolt

''A Disney spokesperson said then that construction would begin by the end of 2017. (As part of a tax deal Disney negotiated earlier this year with the city of Anaheim, the company is required to begin construction on at least $1 billion in new attractions at Disneyland Resort by then.)''

Blimey, if that's the case we all might as well give up.

I don't concider the Seven Dwarf coaster a major investment of any kind. Six Flags, which i hate, has one of those generic coasters every year.
Read the headline. Disney World and Disneyland are different schedules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom