Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flyerjab

whos his Jordan guy? banned guy? problematic guy?

He was that 'youngish' looking kid that everyone called Justin Bieber. He was negative about pretty much everything. And don't get me wrong, I have no issues with people that don't like the product, that is their prerogative. He had a very, very limited agenda and just beat it to death. There was no real substance to his ramblings. One of his favorite lines was 'are there spades in the ground yet?' I can't say what I really thought or I would be banned for a bit. His screen name was JordanNite I believe. He was just excruciatingly annoying. At least ford91explorer is creative in his curmudgeonliness, and his agenda has no limits. :)

Last edited:

matt9112

Universal is also able to move faster because they can open a major E Ticket thrill ride that is just a ride in a big box warehouse building with flat signage and a statue in front to serve as "theme". They don't even have to plant trees or shrubs if they dont want to.

usf-transformers-opening.jpg

I can easily imagine that WDI has way too many managers, too many divas, and stifling corporate bureaucracy at all levels. There have been enough off-the-record and anecdotal reports of that exact scenario from the inside to think otherwise. But if WDI built an E Ticket inside a lightly themed warehouse like Universal gets away with, even if they built it in 18 months like Universal does, Disney would never hear the end of it.

WDI actually tried exactly that type of thing 15 years ago. It was called Disney's California Adventure, and it cost Disney a decade and 2 Billion dollars to fix it.

i thought the nest theming for transformers was superb...its not some massive elaborate mega fortress...its a secret base in a city...with warehouse doors and such....should the sign have been on fire shooting lasers?

its getting really tiring of people saying one theme is not good because its not as complex....some themes are easier to do...that shouldn't detract from the feel or immersion. if i build something and the theme is an office....and it looks like an office are you mad? sure some themes lend themselves to grandeur more than others but that is all.

WhatJaneSays

Right now they're just at the start of a big department Tetris game backstage at DHS. It will likely be a few more months before everyone is out of the way enough to start tearing things down.

Beholder

i thought the nest theming for transformers was superb...its not some massive elaborate mega fortress...its a secret base in a city...with warehouse doors and such....should the sign have been on fire shooting lasers?

its getting really tiring of people saying one theme is not good because its not as complex....some themes are easier to do...that shouldn't detract from the feel or immersion. if i build something and the theme is an office....and it looks like an office are you mad? sure some themes lend themselves to grandeur more than others but that is all.

I think you make a great point about the intended purpose of a given attractions theme. It's about (for me) capturing a mood or tone that readily identifies itself and informs the viewer as to its intent. The Jungle Cruise que isn't exactly spilling over with infinite detail, but it does a great job of conveying a look and "feel" of that "golden age" of exploration. It's not necessarily the amount of detail, but the appropriateness and execution of those details.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think you make a great point about the intended purpose of a given attractions theme. It's about (for me) capturing a mood or tone that readily identifies itself and informs the viewer as to its intent. The Jungle Cruise que isn't exactly spilling over with infinite detail, but it does a great job of conveying a look and "feel" of that "golden age" of exploration. It's not necessarily the amount of detail, but the appropriateness and execution of those details.
Both of you are right on the money $$$$

Cesar R M

Thank you. That was a very interesting photo update, and yet it does indeed appear that nothing major has started backstage at DHS.

That's puzzling. :confused:
Well... someone already mentioned that Disney crews might be busy moving the costume department and all the warehouse and storages areas elsewhere.
Like that store that was near the backlot tour.. which now sits completely empty.

AmUK

Now would be the great time to have a child for anyone out there family planning. By the time this is finishsed your child will be 12, a great age to take kids over to Disney. They aren't so reliant on you anymore, they aren't too young to forget the vacation, and old enough to have memories for a lifetime.

Viva BOB IGER.

Bolt

Now would be the great time to have a child for anyone out there family planning. By the time this is finishsed your child will be 12, a great age to take kids over to Disney. They aren't so reliant on you anymore, they aren't too young to forget the vacation, and old enough to have memories for a lifetime.

Viva BOB IGER.
Have they started construction yet?

I'm here all week.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not park related, but why did I see/read several news pieces in regard to Star Wars merch not flying off the shelves for Black Friday? It was like they were intentionally trying to downplay Star Wars hype. For starters, black Friday shoppers/zombies are mostly out for deals on electronics such as tv or phones, not so much for toys, and secondly, I went to our local Wal Mart on Saturday (for an HDMI cable) and the Star Wars section was empty, there were a few action figures left but that was it, everything else had been purchased.

Most of the articles had headlines ending in a question mark, which is pure click bait. Headlines such as, 'Is Star Wars fatigue setting in?' Shoddy journalism, IMO. I dont see any fatigue setting in, only growing stronger. And why the hate or Star Wars? I can only assume the authors were fans of Avatar, lol

twebber55

Not park related, but why did I see/read several news pieces in regard to Star Wars merch not flying off the shelves for Black Friday? It was like they were intentionally trying to downplay Star Wars hype. For starters, black Friday shoppers/zombies are mostly out for deals on electronics such as tv or phones, not so much for toys, and secondly, I went to our local Wal Mart on Saturday (for an HDMI cable) and the Star Wars section was empty, there were a few action figures left but that was it, everything else had been purchased.

Most of the articles had headlines ending in a question mark, which is pure click bait. Headlines such as, 'Is Star Wars fatigue setting in?' Shoddy journalism, IMO. I dont see any fatigue setting in, only growing stronger. And why the hate or Star Wars? I can only assume the authors were fans of Avatar, lol
i think you may be reading too much into that
looking for clicks more than anything else
trying to get a response...looks like it worked

edit: also the standard is very high for star wars in terms of box office gross and merch sales

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Have they started construction yet?

I'm here all week.
might as well buy a tent! :hilarious:

meanwhile.. at Iger's

2pmZdHr.jpg

this image will always fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom