SSE postshow areas open!

DigitalDisney

AWESOME!

Random thought: Now I have no idea what this globe looks like, but it sounds like it might be a tribute to the sphere that used to be in AmEx's TravelPort in Communicore. Maybe.

hokielutz

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!!!
Need lots of pictures....

Now get out there you junior wdwmagic reporters and bring back info to the masses!

hokielutz

one other thing.... according to the news posting.... the postshow area sponsored by siemens has lots of neat new technology to demonstrate virtually.... but what does it have to do with communications, the theme of the ride??

Can we expect the communication theme to be replace by something else when the remodeling of SSE is complete next year?

Enigma

Account Suspended
one other thing.... according to the news posting.... the postshow area sponsored by siemens has lots of neat new technology to demonstrate virtually.... but what does it have to do with communications, the theme of the ride??

Can we expect the communication theme to be replace by something else when the remodeling of SSE is complete next year?

YES Disney already confirmed this. Spaceship Earth is going to become Horizons 2.0 now.

ImaYoyo

Ok, pictures are in my album... now lets see if I can figure out how to put them here...

DSC02900.JPG
DSC02900.JPG
Entrance near Guest Relations

Body Game

Driving Game

ImaYoyo

Facing the Exit Ramp from the mid-to-rear of the room

Coming Soon...

And last but not least, the refill stations at the Electric Umbrella

ImaYoyo

There's a few more in my photo folder thing if you want to go to that section of the site, but they're mostly the same pictures but with/without flash, or higher/lower quality.

You're all welcome. Now that I've done my good deed and pleased the WDWMagic gods, I can go cook my dinner.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There's a few more in my photo folder thing if you want to go to that section of the site, but they're mostly the same pictures but with/without flash, or higher/lower quality.

You're all welcome. Now that I've done my good deed and pleased the WDWMagic gods, I can go cook my dinner.

LOL enjoy dinner.

Here is the direct link to your photo album just incase anyone wants to see the other photos.
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=45409&cat=500

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So.. from what I can tell..

The big globe is straight ahead as you exit off SSE. Toward the ride exit are two curved "columns" with the seating in them, making a sort of open space in the center of the room.

The globe is flanked by 3 screens on each side...?

To the left is Super Driver things setup.

Any idea what the 4 projectors that were sort of facing toward the ride exit are for? Are there 4 more screens up above that ceiling area?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
OR are the 4 projectors facing the ride exit for the panels/screens that appear to be hanging down in the vicinity of the exit walkway?

Mufasa's Pride

Any word on when Phase Two of the Postshow will open? I know the ride/postshow in its entirety will be completed spring of '08, but will another part of the postshow open yet in '07?

Thanks again yo-yo for the pics!

ImaYoyo

So.. from what I can tell..

The big globe is straight ahead as you exit off SSE. Toward the ride exit are two curved "columns" with the seating in them, making a sort of open space in the center of the room.

The globe is flanked by 3 screens on each side...?

To the left is Super Driver things setup.

Any idea what the 4 projectors that were sort of facing toward the ride exit are for? Are there 4 more screens up above that ceiling area?
You're pretty close. As you exit, the driver thing is on the right, from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock. The build-a-body is from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Not sure what the extra screens where, seemed to just be decoration with random stuff flying across them.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I ran all the pics through photoshop's quick fix thingy, and this is the only one that showed anything signifigantly different..

So, here's the globe with it's surrounding structure. Hope you don't mind.

DSC02885a.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin-nodding-off-on-the-keyboard.... I`m glad I`m up late remixing the soundtrack to O'Canada!....BTW, Steve - why you still awake??

Thanks for rushing these through. Do we have a web exclusive?

I like the globe - kind of a retro Soarin' meets IYHW :D

It`s still dark - not a complaint, just an observation - though the lighting scheme is very appealing. Am I right in that you can`t walk around the whole globe, that it is built into the wall? Also note the (hopefully) temporary cable rails - with the detail everywhere else I guess nice shiny metal ones will be along soon. Looking good.... better than the Neighborhoods IMHO.

In the right of the photo "Racing Pod from back a few steps" the decor, structure and lighting instantly reminded of Horizons Futureport... hmmm...

Yensid - at a guess the 0.2 has to include a suspended Omnimover :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom