SSE postshow areas open!

goofyfan13

Nice pics! The post show looks great!

The only thing I've been worried about is the name Spaceship Earth. I haven't seen one actual name reference to it on any signs in the post show area. I hope they don't change the name of the attraction when it comes out of rehab. I can't imagine calling it anything besides "Spaceship Earth".

I highly doubt they would change the name of SSE. If I recall, The New Global Neighborhood didn't mention SSE at all either, but it's been a while. :shrug:

TarzanRocked99-

Nice pics! The post show looks great!

The only thing I've been worried about is the name Spaceship Earth. I haven't seen one actual name reference to it on any signs in the post show area. I hope they don't change the name of the attraction when it comes out of rehab. I can't imagine calling it anything besides "Spaceship Earth".

Don't worry they use the name Spaceship Earth multiple times on the globe in the post show

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay.... I just popped my eyes back in. WOW!

You know, I`m not sure now about the screens position compared to Earthstation. 2 minutes into the video the camera pans left off the globe and I expected to see the WorldKey wall. It was so surreal... almost like a 14 year old flashback.

If they match this detail and scope with the SSE rehab the parks icon will take its rightful place again.

Thanks for the coverage everyone.

Wanderfull :D

MojoMax

Oh am I pumped! Spaceship Earth is finally gettin some love. I will be there to see it next weekend!! It really looks like it is off to a great start!! Thanks to everyone who took the time to photo/video it! I am also especially excited that Epcot really has something new that is a part of a Future theme again!! That in of itself is great news!!:D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
How long has it been since we saw a kid that excited to enter the post-show of SSE?

I think that's what makes the video clip. You come out and it looks amazing.

diddy_mouse

I can't think of anything else but: "wow!" :eek:

That post-show looks simply fantastic! I cannot WAIT to see it in person. Thanks so much to those of you who ran over and got pics and the video clip. It's so wonderful to see SSE getting the attention it deserves. :D

When Global Neighborhood was there it made the space look so small compared to this....such a lovely change!!

Thessair

2.0 might not be as far off as you think... A so called "rehab" isn't always just about a few touch ups here and there. *looks over at the Gran Fiesta Tour* :zipit:

I think he was talking about SSE becoming Horizons 1.8 as someone previous to that had commented that the SSE changes sounded like Horizons 2.0. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

PKD

I think he was talking about SSE becoming Horizons 1.8 as someone previous to that had commented that the SSE changes sounded like Horizons 2.0. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

I don't disagree with you on what he meant... but.... he might not be far off either.

Rob562

146950935-M.jpg

Am I the only one who finds the sight of the ECVs driving underneath the "Super Driver" sign humorous? :)

(Who knows, maybe it'll teach the ECVers how to actually DRIVE those things)

-Rob

SDav10495

The new post show looks like Horizons preshow and Earthstation had a baby!

Ya know, I've just been going back to Martin's ultimate Horizons tribute (amazing, amazing job, btw :D) and now I completely see the "Horizons preshow" comment. The images of Project Tomorrow--the dark spaces lit by moody purple and blue light--made me think first of Mission: Space, but now I'm reminded that the aesthetic is also totally reminiscent of the Horizons queue (which, for all I know, could have been more deliberately lifted when M:S was designed...I'm sure there have been discussions about the aesthetic similarities since M:S opened, but I've personally never made the connection until now). Hmm, I guess that "dark" look was more prevalent in the old EPCOT attractions than I remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom