SSE Finally Getting Finished

the-reason14

Fixed. Now I agree completely. Good idea. :D

Cool, while yall are at maybe yall should just bring notebooks and write a list of all the things wrong with Disney and send it to guest relations and maybe they can fix it. Sounds like fun, I may join. We can go around looking for chipped paint, burnt out light bulbs, unhappy CMs. It'll be so much fun to spend money and gripe about everything in sight!! :sohappy:

SeanC

One day in the future they will change the descent again. And there will be a whole bunch of people who say "Nooo! I love the whimsical choose your lifestyle ending. I grew up with it." That being said I miss Walter Kronkite and Tomorrow's Child and found the Irons and orchestral descent a little staid.

flavious27

In all fairness, a company that specializes in A/V will work with a LOT more than video screens.

Now if the company name was simply Elite Video OR Video"Я"Us then you might have a valid concern.

Don't start judging until we have more information...

Just pointing out how the on ride screens break and disney doesn't fix them.

blm07

I always change the language, I don't like Judy Denchers talking down to me. I miss how the old narrations used big words to describe something grand.

Can't we just have an option to have one of the old narrations, and turn the screen off?

flavious27

I always change the language, I don't like Judy Denchers talking down to me. I miss how the old narrations used big words to describe something grand.

Can't we just have an option to have one of the old narrations, and turn the screen off?

You know, that creates an opportunity. Disney has guests that may not speak english, why not give customers the opinion to listen to the narration in their home language. Some Americans might not like Dane Judy Dench, but I bet that those from the UK will.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You know, that creates an opportunity. Disney has guests that may not speak english, why not give customers the opinion to listen to the narration in their home language. Some Americans might not like Dane Judy Dench, but I bet that those from the UK will.

But most of the folks who don't like Dame Judy Dench are asking for a return of Jeremy Irons. Can't see how that's an American v. Brit thing.

Alektronic

They do, it's called PALS (Personal Assisted Listening System) you can pick one up at Guest Relations, it translates most rides and shows at Epcot and there is a handheld device also.

MerlinTheGoat

Americans will prefer their original

I think the point was that Jeremy Irons is also British. It's his tone and soothing voice that made the attraction so great for me. I am an American, have also see the Cronkite version. While i still like Cronkite over Dench, the Irons version was the best version IMO. I think many people share that opinion, but whatever. It's not a US vs British thing.

ryanduggers

I think the point was that Jeremy Irons is also British. It's his tone and soothing voice that made the attraction so great for me. I am an American, have also see the Cronkite version. While i still like Cronkite over Dench, the Irons version was the best version IMO. I think many people share that opinion, but whatever. It's not a US vs British thing.

^this^

what is going on today, I just commented on someone busting on Canada, now England. They are two of the best friends America has.

misterID

Thirded. Never liked Cronkites version. But Irons was absolutely the best. His narration totally changed the ride for me.

Olijimcha

If my memory serves me correctly that's an option on SSE already isn't it? Depending on what location you select on the initial ascent.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

But most of the folks who don't like Dame Judy Dench are asking for a return of Jeremy Irons. Can't see how that's an American v. Brit thing.

Americans will prefer their original

You're saying American like old stuff and Brits like change? There's something I've never heard before. "Americans are too stuck on tradition, unlike the British." :rolleyes:

And yes, this was my point. I myself prefer the Cronkite version, although part of that is Tomorrow's Child.

PalisadesPkteer

Well, lets see. Lets try this.

The Irons narration , with the current improved AA's, with the Irons finale scenes like the city of tomorrow and maybe a few from the original version and end song of Tomorrow's child.and toss in Cronkite in the post show.

What do ya think?

Figments Friend

It just irks me how the current version of the SSE narration is almost like we're getting talked down to..

-

Yeah me too....makes me feel like a five year old being talked down to by a grown up trying to be cutesy and friendly to keep my short five-year-old attention span interested.

Argh.....!

I share your irk-ness.

I am guessing it was done to freshing things up...and makes it more interesting for the kids? I find it jarring during some scenes ( "...thank the Phoe.." .....you know the rest!). The tone of it makes SSE seem like something whimsical instead of grand like previous incarnations.

It would be nice to see that grandness return in some way.

Figments Friend

I wonder what it would be like if Horizons,World of Motion,Imagination 1.0,Wonders Of Life,Communicore,and the original Universe of Energy were still around. Would they be as popular as they were back then?

Oooo a great question to ponder!

Hands down, the original JII attraction would still be going strong today i am sure if it was still in operation in at least most of it's original form. I understand the issues behind why it had to go ( that 'turntable'...etc...) but if those troublemaking components were removed or updated the 'original' would still be going strong.

As much as i adore the other original attractions listed, as far is pure timelessness and generational durability, the original JII takes the cake in my opinion.

If anything...there would actually be lines outside the Pavillion waiting to ride it again!
Last time i saw that was during EPCOTs 25 bash ( a whole 30 mins!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom