SSE Finally Getting Finished

Bravo 229

You had the same expectations for Tangled. I think FLE will be impressive.

But it's not the screens that are so horrid in the new decent. It's the Chicken Wire covered in Cardboard, spray-painted triangles. I can live with the "Your Tomorrow" or whatever, but I can't live with the rest.

This part of the ride reminds me of the craptacular dark ride parts of Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls at IOA. Its like they just threw it together last minute to finish the ride and reopen it. If they would just fix this with anything that doesn't look cheap or thrown together, I'd make an effort to visit Spaceship Earth more often.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
According to Ermco's website:

Elite A/V System lists two employees, so perhaps they won't be doing the heavy lifting in this case.

Don't dismiss the capabilities of smaller companies being able to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time compared to some of the bigger boys and all their red tape.

the-reason14

Oh Lord, here we go again. I understand why people prefer the version before this one, and the descent does lack what the Irons version had, but I do not think it is as bad and horrific as most people make it out to be. I do wish they could do something to add for the person who has seen pretty much all the endings, but it's not the end of the world. Thank God that the world will still rotate and the sun will still shine every day.

Captain Neo

I will only accept it as finished when the bad narration and select your future BS is just a bad memory.

This. Unless they redo select your future into something more akin to Horizons but still I'd rather have "Tomorrow's Child" back.

aladdin2007

Oh Lord, here we go again. I understand why people prefer the version before this one, and the descent does lack what the Irons version had, but I do not think it is as bad and horrific as most people make it out to be. I do wish they could do something to add for the person who has seen pretty much all the endings, but it's not the end of the world. Thank God that the world will still rotate and the sun will still shine every day.

When black wrinkled dusty curtains are hanging from floor to ceiling, along with mesh chicken wire overhead, scrap metal poles, insulation coming out of holes in the ceiling (on left side on the way back down for the record), dusty metal tin can pot lights on the ride side of vehicle, and ridiculous looking black triangles that do nothing, yeah its pretty bad. Both companies should be really ashamed, but no the "good enough" theory won out here.

the-reason14

When black wrinkled dusty curtains are hanging from floor to ceiling, along with mesh chicken wire overhead, scrap metal poles, insulation coming out of holes in the ceiling (on left side on the way back down for the record), dusty metal tin can pot lights on the ride side of vehicle, and ridiculous looking black triangles that do nothing, yeah its pretty bad. Both companies should be really ashamed, but no the "good enough" theory won out here.

Things I haven't noticed, but I'm sure you can find a lot of flaws if you know where to look and are actually looking for them.

If anything maybe they could build some set pieces to look at while it's that brief period when you're waiting to see your future and nothing much is going on on the screen. I also think a lot of those set pieces are probably still there behind the curtains.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Someone may have mentioned this in the past, but the Orange Country comptroller site plans that the original post's links go to state that SSE is a "geodesic dome." That isn't right! It is a geodesic sphere! Someone didn't pass geometry before they started drawing up building permits!

Off topic...sorry.

HMF

The only way to experience a "pure" Spaceship Earth these days is having the 94 audio playing on your I Pod and listen to it while riding and closing your eyes during the initial ascent an descent portions

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

But if anything is changed then it will always be an affront to some people and they will go out of their way to find fault.same as if nothing changes then some people will comlain that it is getting left behind...

the-reason14

The only way to experience a "pure" Spaceship Earth these days is having the 94 audio playing on your I Pod and listen to it while riding and closing your eyes during the initial ascent an descent portions

I've done this before!! Very refreshing. The track I have isn't in sync though, but it's still fun to do. I did this with the TTA too.

pixargal

I, too, prefer the old ending. It was a nice way to reflect on the scenes and also to let the mind just wander. Watching the Earth as we began our descent had more of an impact. The cartoon future is not the way this amazing ride deserves to end.

devoy1701

The ending does get boring after you've done it many times. And there are quite a few dead spots even with the interactive screens where you have nothing to look at. It would be nice even if there were static set pieces to the left side of the decent.

Anyway. For fun, we will set the audio to a different language, but we usually regret that decision about a minute into the ride.... :dazzle:

BrittanyRose428

I've only ridden it with the new ending once, and I don't know if I missed the discussion on these boards or what, but I had no idea that cartoon thing was coming. I thought it was weird that they took our picture, but I didn't think much of it, I figured it would be an on-ride photo that would be in a gift shop after or something. And then when I did see the cartoon I didn't even realize that the rest of the descent wasn't there anymore, I thought it was still coming after the cartoon finished. Oh how I miss the older versions, :rolleyes: The cartoon left it on a humorous note, and Spaceship Earth always seemed so... philosophical.. =/

boufa

Disney is not a museum. They change things, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. I always hope that they plus attractions. The Disney that you knew in 1994 is gone. It is never going to come back (and should not). The worst part of the Tiki room retro-redo is that it is giving all of the "we want the classics back" people hope.

Disney is not what it used to be, yesterday, last year, or last decade. No place on the planet is, history moves forward. I understand that you want more from the attraction, I understand that you want it plused. But wanting or expecting them to put the old thing back is futile.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As do I.

Haunted Mansion refurb was a plus.

SSE refurb was a huge minus.

I don't think anyone minds a little change as long as it's for the better.
The forum member whose child hood memories were destroyed because the lame spiders were replaced with the universally cool stair scene would beg to differ. No matter what the change is, someone is guaranteed to have a problem with it.

Pioneer Hall

I don't think I really understand how an interactive descent gets boring after you have done it a few times. The interactive ending allows you to have a slightly different experience each time, but the old static descent was always the same. If anything would get boring over time I would think that it would be the same thing over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I think they could have done better with the ending and I agree that something else would definitely be better. But to call that boring, over seeing the same static pieces over and over just befuddles me a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom