SSE Finally Getting Finished

hpyhnt 1000

M:S still has HP. Sum of All Thrills is Raytheon. Might be some others in Innoventions I'm missing.

SSE still has Seimens.

And Living with the Land just gained a sponsorship by Chiquita.

And along with that, Verizon sponsors Kim Possible. Not mention the additional Innoventions sponsors (IBM, Segway, Underwriters Laboratories, Liberty Mutual, T. Rowe Price, FLASH) and food vendors like Coca-Cola, Nestle and Werthers. Each World Showcase pavilion has some kind of sponsorship as well.

Mansion Butler

I do not like that Disney got rid of Horizons, but I can understand why they did it.
I wish more people would approach things with this mindset here, by the way.

I liked Dreamflight more than Buzz. It would certainly not have been in Disney's interests to keep Dreamflight over Buzz.

Those numbers do not exist online, at least I have never been able to find them. All we have to go by are anecdotes, videos from Mesa Verda Times that show a near deserted attraction, and the simple fact that no company in their right mind would go through the expense and hassle of completely revamping an attraction unless it was either to expensive to operate or wasn't pulling its weight. Considering that several of those anecdotes were my own there is no doubt in my mind that attendance was pitiful at Horizons and WoM towards the end of their lives.
Mr. Sotto, who obviously has some experience with this exact park location, has also said Horizons wasn't pulling in enough people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wish I could still ride Horizons and WoM. I wish I could still see the original UoE pre-show. And I don't think any of them needed to go. But they weren't very popular when they were replaced.

That's where Jeff Lange's videos are so great.. plus martin's now that they are available in a better online format then the terrible mousebits

TropicalFig8

You never know, maybe after all these years, Disney is finally realizing people want the good 'ol Disney attractions back.

I bet they already know but use the old "we don't have enough money to bring this old attraction back because we're doing the FLE". I bet FLE is more important than ALL of the projects,including Shanghai.

Figments Friend

And as for teens, some love World Showcase, but most don't. And before the changes, most didn't like Future World. And little kids absolutely hated Epcot when it opened. No characters; attractions that were long and had stories that were hard for little ones to follow; no outdoor rides or spinners; a bunch of pavilions that were just shopping and eating. Little by little, Disney turned Epcot from a park that held much more broad appeal than it did at the start. Yes, it lost something for those of us who loved what it was when it opened, but it still retains much of that origianal charm, and now appeals to a lot of folks it didn't originally appeal to.

Well stated, and i can relate. When i first visited EPCOT at age 11 in 1983,i adored Future World. Blew me away, and had a huge effect on me. World Showcase on the other hand...was to my young mind THE most boring place in The World!
It was boring to me because it was all about shopping and dining...'adult' stuff...and barely any rides or attractions. I loved Mexico though, and Germany ( for the gummi bears candy!)...but the rest of it was dull.

Now of course, being much older and able to better appreciate what it is all about i absolutely love it. The changes made helped, plussed with becoming more appreciative of the surroundings and yes, getting older. I guess you could say i 'grew into' World Showcase. It still amuses me that i so hated it as a kid, but now find myself there several times during each yearly visit.

EPCOT has always been my favourite Park, but when i was younger World Showcase was not a place i tended to visit. Today's kids have a LOT more offered to them to keep them entertained and engaged then what was being offered when the Park was open for the first few years of operation. Lucky kids...but then again, today's kids totally miss the amazing experience of the original Future World attractions and pavillions...so....

....i am not complaining!

:)

HMF

Actually, if they did the refurb and left the descent alone people would be much happier.
That would still leave
*Narration written for 3 year olds
*lack of Roman Chariot projection
*"censored" renaissance statues
*Paper Boy talking to the wall
*Scientist with a part time job as a stripper

Captain Neo

That would still leave
*Narration written for 3 year olds
*lack of Roman Chariot projection
*"censored" renaissance statues
*Paper Boy talking to the wall
*Scientist with a part time job as a stripper

remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs!

The current version of SSE makes me sad about our country. Have audiences truly gotten dumber and are now so sensitive that we have to cover up renaissance era statues and cover up the fact that child labor used to be prevelant? All previous version of SSE were very sophisticated and majestic the current version sadly is not.

HMF

remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs!

The current version of SSE makes me sad about our country. Have audiences truly gotten dumber and are now so sensitive that we have to cover up renaissance era statues and cover up the fact that child labor used to be prevelant? All previous version of SSE were very sophisticated and majestic the current version sadly is not.

Yes,here is proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

I loved the Irons version.. before the "new" version it was the only one I had ever seen. When I was a child.. 3rd grade was the first time I'd been to Disney and SSE was the first ride I experienced. Needless to say from that day forward the descent stuck with me in my head.

Now with the new version. I am disappointed with it just being the touch screens. That being said the 90s era descent needed to be updated. With most of us being able to use the tech that was featured at extreme ease and most now even with our phones. It wasn't predicting the future at this point.

If we could have a new descent with similar music and "magic" even though I don't know what exact technology it would be presenting. I would be much happier with that over touch screens and blacked out scenes.

It's way past the point of "plussing" SSE. It's fixing and finishing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom