Splash Mtn Restraints

thelookingglass

Thanks, but i did read the entire thread before posting, what i meant by "lifting" was that ive heard of those stupid people trying to stand or get out and its a situation where they get hurt in the process and they sue like stupid people would, and then the person and their friends claim that the ride made him lift off their seat and thats how they fell. Its just one of those stories that you hear and just shake your head at the legal system... sorry if i didnt clarify earlier...
But it was also explained from reliable sources that people getting out of their logs IS a problem at Splash Mountain and a causes the ride to be forced to shut down frequently.
found this picture a while back, this could be the reason for the seatbelts on terror of terror. not sure though.

http://failblog.org/2010/05/15/epic-fail-photos-seatbelt-fail-2/
That picture is from DCA's ToT, which has never not had seatbelts.

Ok just to double check, we are going on 10 pages about 75% a lap bad that we are saying is true based off a bad picture taken from the onride photo system of a attraction that is dry as a bone and not even cycling????? And 25% about the water canon???

Has anyone actually seen any logs with these "lap bars"? Going off the picture it really does not look like a lap bar to me, just added padding.
Its been confirmed all over the internet, we're not just going off one picture.

wolf359

For all we know this could just be another step in a prototype. I hate to doubt something that sounds likely, but as of right now... We have no confirmation.

Yeah, all the assumptions going on have me scratching my head too. The photo posted as proof seems hardly conclusive there are lap bars at all, let alone they're going online when Splash Mountain re-opens.

But even worse are these worries of slower loading, reduced capacity, and inability to ride because of decreased room in the logs that started as wild speculation and in the course of ten pages have reached the level of "internet fact" without so much as one person actually having been on the ride yet.

Jerm

It has been confirmed all over the internet because of this one picture! Like I said I would like to see a real picture before I start in with everything, but right now I would say we are planning that extra area of AK because someone took a picture of some type of clearing!

Tigger1988

It has been confirmed all over the internet because of this one picture! Like I said I would like to see a real picture before I start in with everything, but right now I would say we are planning that extra area of AK because someone took a picture of some type of clearing!

Actually no, this was confirmed MONTHS ago by people who actually work at Splash. Those people have posted several times in this very thread again confirming this, maybe you should read the whole thing.

T-1MILLION

Actually no, this was confirmed MONTHS ago by people who actually work at Splash. Those people have posted several times in this very thread again confirming this, maybe you should read the whole thing.

That is hardly a confirmation. They said the same thing last year when logs were backstage with lapbars. Again, we have no confirmation yet that it is in operation on the ride.

Likely, yes.

Definite. No. Not until I see reports of guests on the ride using them.

Tigger1988

That is hardly a confirmation. They said the same thing last year when logs were backstage with lapbars. Again, we have no confirmation yet that it is in operation on the ride.

Likely, yes.

Definite. No. Not until I see reports of guests on the ride using them.

Actually the poster I was responding to was saying that he didn't believe the lap bars even existed, because we were all "going off of one photo". That's not true, the existence of SM logs with installed lap bars has been confirmed several times, we're not going off of one photo.

That's what I was referring to, I wish people would stop replying to things out of context.

T-1MILLION

Actually the poster I was responding to was saying that he didn't believe the lap bars even existed, because we were all "going off of one photo". That's not true, the existence of SM logs with installed lap bars has been confirmed several times, we're not going off of one photo.

And that's exactly what I was referring to.

I believe the photo this other poster has in question is the one going down the flume with water dummies. I see no confirmation in that photo of what I see would be lapbars...

I don't think Jerm was doubting the fact that logs with them exist, but whether or not they are in guest service, and as of right now above all else, they are not.

Tigger1988

I don't think Jerm was doubting the fact that logs with them exist, but whether or not they are in guest service, and as of right now above all else, they are not.

Oh really? so what is he questioning here?
Has anyone actually seen any logs with these "lap bars"?

Several posters who work there have seen the logs with lap bars and confirmed their existence in this post. So this "going off of one photo" thing he's going on about isn't true at all.

T-1MILLION

Oh really? so what is he questioning here?

Several posters who work there have seen the logs with lap bars and confirmed their existence in this post. So this "going off of one photo" thing he's going on about isn't true at all.

Apologies. I had no time to read the details of this massive thread with no concrete informaton other than the same thing we knew for over a year now.

Fact remains, until guests are using them as well. Its no news.

wolf359

Who are these "several posters" you speak of? I've seen one who only confirmed that he's seen a log backstage with lap bars. The only thing that even got this thread moving was that one crappy picture with invisible lap bars that has been re-posted across the internet as if lap bars are 100% sure thing coming.

No one has confirmed or even hinted that all the logs will have lap bars when Splash reopens next week.

I don't see the point in getting worked up about this at all until someone actually rides Splash with a lap bar.

Tigger1988

Who are these "several posters" you speak of? I've seen one who only confirmed that he's seen a log backstage with lap bars.

You could've just went through the thread on your own but I saved you the trouble.

I have seen the logs, not cycling on Splash, but on the backstage area. They don't look too bad and considering the number of times I have gotten stuck on SM because a stupid guest would decide to hop out of their log for no reason whatsoever, I really like them.

And Thrill Seeker responding to post referencing an earlier one he made about actually having sat in one of logs with a lap bar:

That would be me and yes, that is true. The lap bar logs are a unfortunate necessary evil. We have them because people keep standing up and getting out of the logs, that's it. They are not safety critical at all, just there as a preventative measure. They aren't as bad as you think and shouldn't hamper the experience much at all beside limiting each row to two riders. That should be it.

And once again, nowhere did I ever say a word about them being used next week. Again, I was responding to a specific post where the existence of the logs was doubted. Who knew that would be so controversial with some of you.

wolf359

You could've just went through the thread on your own but I saved you the trouble.

I sit corrected! I missed Thrill Seeker's post about actually sitting in one. Probably 'cause by then I was too busy shaking my head at the amount of doom and gloom being posted about how these new lap bars have already ruined Splash Mountain. :lol:

si23

its prob for the best to have lapbars remember at ioa when on dudley do rights rip saw falls there were no seats you just sat on like a beam and the person in front of you back would be touching your chest, they have lapbars now has that ride had the most lawsuits in florida but now its hard to fit in the first row

Thrill Seeker

its prob for the best to have lapbars remember at ioa when on dudley do rights rip saw falls there were no seats you just sat on like a beam and the person in front of you back would be touching your chest, they have lapbars now has that ride had the most lawsuits in florida but now its hard to fit in the first row

Those lap bars suck so bad. I rode back in November and could barely fit in the row I sat in. It was also a pain in the butt to get out considering how I had to bend my legs to get in... These lap bars aren't nearly that bad...

Mansion Butler

I don't like it either,but you have to do something to keep people in their seats, apparently they can't follow simple instructions.

The big problem with the lap bars is that it will increase the wait times for the ride because loading and unloading will be slower and then there will be lap bar checks and if unloading is a lot slower, then there will be plenty of backups.
I hadn't even thought of that yet, and brought it up to my ex-Splash CM DGF. Her response: "And I guarantee less net downtime due to people getting out of logs."

Thrill Seeker

But it was also explained from reliable sources that people getting out of their logs IS a problem at Splash Mountain and a causes the ride to be forced to shut down frequently.That picture is from DCA's ToT, which has never not had seatbelts.

Trust me. I've only been at Splash for 5 months or so, but during that time we have had frequent downtimes because people got out of logs due to stupid reasons. The lap bars are an unfortunate necessity. They are there simply to keep guests from getting out when they aren't suppose to. That is that.

I rode Tower of Terror back when it opened (I hated it then) when it only had one drop and lap bars. That was an awful idea to begin with. The main reason being, if you have a bigger person in the same row as kids, the kids could easily float out from under the lap bars and get seriously hurt. The seat belts are a much better option.

wolf359

Trust me. I've only been at Splash for 5 months or so, but during that time we have had frequent downtimes because people got out of logs due to stupid reasons. The lap bars are an unfortunate necessity. They are there simply to keep guests from getting out when they aren't suppose to. That is that.

I rode Tower of Terror back when it opened (I hated it then) when it only had one drop and lap bars. That was an awful idea to begin with. The main reason being, if you have a bigger person in the same row as kids, the kids could easily float out from under the lap bars and get seriously hurt. The seat belts are a much better option.

Does this mean lap bars are happening this time, or is it still up in the air whether or not Splash will reopen next week with them?

Mansion Butler

Hello all. I'm new here and this may seem stupid but...why must their be lap bars on splash but not potc or small world. If the reasoning is people "jump" off the ride why wouldn't they "jump" off of others? Are they on some kinda splash mountain drug that they can only "jump" off of that ride?
As an ex Small World Cast Member, I would LOVE restraints on that ride. But it's not as dangerous as Splash Mountain and suffers less down time from people jumping off than Splash.

love disney

Just went to Toyko Disney in early January. Splash Mountain has lap bars there. Knowing the rumor they were coming to MK I was anxious to see them as I thought they would detract from the ride. Was pleasantly surprised to find that they didn't, and for those of you that are tall, I am 6'1" (yeah I know, not super tall) and didn't really have a problem with the ride. Front of Space Mountain is definitely worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom