News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

erasure fan1

I get that it could be seen as corporate pandering and it is, but regardless including the first and only african american princess in a major way in the Florida parks seems like a good idea to me.
It seems like a great idea. One that deserves its own attraction, built from the ground up that can truly showcase a great movie, princess and the frog. Not a shoehorned attraction that limits the creativeness right from the start. I think most people fully support a ride for Tiana and princess and the frog. It's how they are doing it that rubs people the wrong way.

J4546

I hear ya, but I'm confident it will be a great ride. I may be wrong though, we will see how it all comes together. Also I think JoW looks awesome so there's that

erasure fan1

They’re only going to reskin the same animatronics and keep the same ride system. Reducing maintenance won’t work because they’ll keep breaking down/malfunction.
Most likely they will only reskin a handful because most will be ripped out. So if you only have a quarter of the AAs, maintenance is reduced. I would be shocked if they kept even half of the AAs.

Fox&Hound

Are we 100% confident that Dr. Facilier will not be in the ride? I know all signs point to no (no mention of the voice actor returning, it being a sequel, etc), but I just cannot understand why they would leave him out. As others have said, people fell in love with Naveen, Faciler, Mama Odie, Ray, Lottie, etc. Not just Tiana. What if the new show is a a flop? Won't they have a another Star Wars Lands or FEA on their hands where some may view it as good but most would prefer it stuck to the original source material?

Kirby86

Are we 100% confident that Dr. Facilier will not be in the ride? I know all signs point to no (no mention of the voice actor returning, it being a sequel, etc), but I just cannot understand why they would leave him out. As others have said, people fell in love with Naveen, Faciler, Mama Odie, Ray, Lottie, etc. Not just Tiana. What if the new show is a a flop? Won't they have a another Star Wars Lands or FEA on their hands where some may view it as good but most would prefer it stuck to the original source material?
I wouldn't say it is 100 percent that he won't be in the ride however since they are makeing it a sequel and Jim Cummings already mentioned he's not returning as Ray I think it's unlikely. Also Keith David hasn't been announced to be part of the ride. They could suprise us but it's unlikely.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't say it is 100 percent that he won't be in the ride however since they are makeing it a sequel and Jim Cummings already mentioned he's not returning as Ray I think it's unlikely. Also Keith David hasn't been announced to be part of the ride. They could suprise us but it's unlikely.
Plus announcing his return would only build hype for the ride, which they would definitely feel is necessary at this point.

Stupido

With them committing to a post-PatF timeline, I think it doesn't look good for Dr. Facilier. Especially if they haven't announced Keith David, and Jim Cummings confirmed he's not coming back. The only way I could see Facilier coming back at this point would be in Shadow form, if they work in the shadow monsters from the film. I think we could see a Facilier shadow mixed in, but even that seems less likely as they seem to be moving away from the voodoo elements of the movie. Plus I don't think the shadows would work without the Shadow Man puppeting them.

UNCgolf

No, they’re shooting for cost effectiveness…FWIW, I’m expecting 1/2 to 2/3 less AA’s and several screens to make up the difference

Oh I absolutely expect it to be a worse ride than what exists now, and probably significantly worse -- it would be hard not to be, honestly, considering Splash Mountain is one of the best rides at Disney.

I just think it's silly to insinuate Disney actually doesn't want to make it better (or at least equal). They're not going out thinking, "let's see how we can make this attraction worse!"

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
4955 CARIBBEAN WY(SPLASH MOUNTAIN) - Project CY1899

1665703321343.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom