News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

ToTBellHop

Oh I absolutely expect it to be a worse ride than what exists now, and probably significantly worse -- it would be hard not to be, honestly, considering Splash Mountain is one of the best rides at Disney.

I just think it's silly to insinuate Disney actually doesn't intend to make it better (or at least equal). They're not going out thinking, "let's see how we can make this attraction worse!"
Exactly. The Imagineers have good intentions, but quite simply, 2022 Imagineers are not as talented as 1992 Imagineers and Splash had the benefit of being custom-built with a layout that matched the story. Placing a new story onto an existing ride system (especially a thrill ride) is extremely challenging. And I don’t think they are up to the job.

The drops in Frozen Ever After are largely nonsense. I expect the same here. Unfortunately.

I do, however, agree with them on one thing: when I think of Princess and the Frog, the first thing that comes to mind is…salt mines!

By the way, looks like this closes in January and they think about 18 months will do it…

ToTBellHop

How do you know? I doubt you even work for Disney.
1665708709099.gif

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I guarantee this team is trying its hardest to make the best attraction they can. No one sets out to make a bad ride.
The individuals responsible for this attraction are not engineers or artists.

Yes, but will get the budget needed to make it the best attraction they can?
They're spending a lot more than "leave it the hell alone," which would be the best attraction they can.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Maelstrom - Frozen:
March 5 2014- June 21 2016 (844 days)
Splash - PATF:
Jan 31 2023 [Hypothetical] - June 30 2024 (512 days)

Let that sink in. This is most likely going to be done FASTER than FEA. On a much more detailed ride. On a much longer ride. Dear lord.

Kirby86

And yet, bad rides exist.
I'm not saying that bad rides don't exist. I'm just saying no one is going into makeing a ride saying we're going to make a bad one. Outside factors such as budget and other limitations can happen. What sounds good in the idea phase won't necessarily work in practice. I'm not a fan of this retheming. I think the sequel angle with Tiana owning a food co-op is a weird premise.

ToTBellHop

Maelstrom - Frozen:
March 5 2014- June 21 2016 (844 days)
Splash - PATF:
Jan 31 2023 [Hypothetical] - June 30 2024 (512 days)

Let that sink in. This is most likely going to be done FASTER than FEA. On a much more detailed ride. On a much longer ride. Dear lord.
Maelstrom needed more ride system work, but still, the point stands. If they are just reskinning AAs, changing set dressings, and doing the exterior work, I guess it’s possible.

fgmnt

Of course not. But it boggles my mind that they chose this story. Chapek wants IP but certainly would have accepted a book report ride with “Friends on the Other Side” replacing the Laughin’ Place, which was a no brainer.
As easy (and largely correct) as it is to shun book-report rides, you absolutely can do it well, but man, imagine what 2022 WDI would cook up 11 years after The Little Mermaid's book report ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fast & Furious would like a word
Sorry for the tangent, but did y'all know that F&F is now... GOOD?!?!

It seems they've taken a page from Jungle Cruise and turned a cringe-worthy attraction into a comedy show.

The team members in the pre-shows no longer recite the cringey dialogue, instead, they make a big joke about everything -- especially about how poorly the show's dialogue was written and all the logical inconsistencies.

Very fourth wall breaking and it is now truly hilarious.

The actual ride is still awful with uncanny valley hard-to-follow ""action"". But experiencing the TMs mock it in advance was worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom