Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil12

I wasn’t complaining, merely pointing out you were wrong. You still are. It is an AP editorial piece masquerading as news that ran in the Denver Post. “Ran rampant” is an opinion. Whether you or I agree with it is irrelevant...because it remains an opinion.

Asking if the Denver Post would suffice is either a mistake or disingenuous, as the source is the AP. The Post, like others, run articles from other sources. It doesn’t make the Post the source.

Horizons1

As has been mentioned in previous posts, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah also has a racist history. This is just more evidence for those folks still denying the truth:

Your wokeness is beyond compare. Let’s get those virtues singnaled! Everyone hold hands, pass the puppies out, and hug!!! No hurt feelings ever again!

Phil12

Your wokeness is beyond compare. Let’s get those virtues singnaled! Everyone hold hands, pass the puppies out, and hug!!! No hurt feelings ever again!
It's not a matter of wokeness. It's a matter of good business practices. It's not good business for TWDC to support overt racism in any of their attractions even if that racism appeals to a certain segment of our society.

Brer Oswald

As has been mentioned in previous posts, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah also has a racist history. This is just more evidence for those folks still denying the truth:

The only thing this article proves is that Steamboat Willie, The Cartoon Disney pushes to kingdom come, should be banned because Turkey in the Straw is featured prominently, and the song is apparently “racist” now.

Last time I checked, Zipadeedoodah has nothing to do with Turkey in the Straw. Unless you’re still trying to push that it connects to the alternate version of the song simply because they both have the word “Zip” in the title. :rolleyes:

Phil12

The only thing this article proves is that Steamboat Willie, The Cartoon Disney pushes to kingdom come, should be banned because Turkey in the Straw is featured prominently, and the song is apparently “racist” now.

Last time I checked, Zipadeedoodah has nothing to do with Turkey in the Straw. Unless you’re still trying to push that it connects to the alternate version of the song simply because they both have the word “Zip” in the title. :rolleyes:
Well, you see it's not what you think or what I think that counts. The owner of the material in question knows the history and based upon the obvious problems with the entire story and music, has decided to make a sound and thoughtful business decision to re-theme the attraction.

For your benefit I have attached a link which clearly shows the direct relationship (and racist connection) between the songs, Zip a Dee Doo Dah and Turkey in the Straw:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_in_the_Straw

I understand that Disney fans find it difficult to admit that the company would engage in such sordid racist entertainment hearkening back to the sad history of blackface minstrel shows in the United States. But, as you pointed out, Walt Disney has a history of portraying negative racial stereotypes. Now, they are taking action to correct some of these previous mistakes. They will be a better company.

Phil12

A white guy crying about racism. What a shock.
Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “…we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” King said this to the Americans who refused to stand for the civil rights of racial minorities.

I think it is worthwhile to discuss this matter. Believe it or not, there are still some people who honestly think that Splash Mountain is not at all racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom