Splash Mountain Closing 1/3/11-1/31/11 for Refurbishment

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
The lap bar is one long lap bar with two humps in the bar. Again, I haven't seen the bars being tested yet, but just by looking at the lap bar logs, it shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

Gator

Disney SUCKS! Last year it was down for 2 months. What didn't they do in 60 days last year that will take them 30 days to do this year? My favorite ride, the one ride I want to take my daughter on, and they close it down. Those Disney Execs can bend and pucker. :fork:

NewfieFan

Disney SUCKS! Last year it was down for 2 months. What didn't they do in 60 days last year that will take them 30 days to do this year? My favorite ride, the one ride I want to take my daughter on, and they close it down. Those Disney Execs can bend and pucker. :fork:

Well, as the thread has mention... lap bars!!!

I'm sorry the ride is going to be closed for you... it always sucks when a ride is closed while you're there. But it's necessary... and we'd all be a little more furious if they never did regular maintance!

If Splash is really important to you, maybe you should plan your next trip around the refurb schedule. As mentioned in the thread, this is pretty common for January!

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster

It happens pretty much every January, so if you really want to ride it, don't come in January...

Horizonsfan

All the concern about lower THRC reminded me of the third station at Splash. What exactly is the reason why its hardly ever in use?

Mukta

While I am not surprised to see it down in January, I am surprised to see it down for the whole month. I hope all of the effects will also be working after this rehab. I want to see Rabbit's shadow again!

Pioneer Hall

Lower capacity per hour here we come! Hooray!

I have a feeling it won't be too bad. Since Disney now does the "Push up on your lapbar" thing it won't take them much longer to throw those words in and watch that people do it. CM's no longer go and physically touch the lapbars anymore.

Thrill Seeker

Original Poster
All the concern about lower THRC reminded me of the third station at Splash. What exactly is the reason why its hardly ever in use?

We use it pretty much daily. It usually goes up for peak times during the day and goes down when it becomes slower in the park or due to staffing.

BigThunderMatt

If Splash is really important to you, maybe you should plan your next trip around the refurb schedule. As mentioned in the thread, this is pretty common for January!

Agreed. I'm sorry, but this isn't like other attractions that go down for refurb at random for various lengths of time. Splash Mountain has historically been down on an annual basis pretty much all of January. Acting surprised about it is something that's kind of inexcusable at this point unless this is your very first trip to WDW.

Javier Boughton

Interesting. I don't know if I will like the bars or not. They typically hurt my legs really bad because my legs and knees are so long. Any idea on how much it will slow down loading time?

last time in splash mountain, a lady behind me rode with here two small kids...one of them was standing up while the final drop..my wife was terrified ..

ntoeman

I think you have to consider that many downtimes at Splash are caused by people standing up in the logs and the lap bars could help reduce those types of problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom