Splash Mountain Closing 1/3/11-1/31/11 for Refurbishment

larathydo

Hey just a heads up, splash will be down for 9 weeks.

Any updates on this? My family will be going Jan 23 - Jan 30, so I was hoping that I might luck out and be able to at least ride towards the end of the trip if the refurbishment was originally scheduled to last the entirety of January (and re-opened early).

What is usually involved with refurb of Splash Mountain anyway? I'm just curious and want some context of what actually needs to be done during that refurb period?

ToTBellHop

Any updates on this? My family will be going Jan 23 - Jan 30, so I was hoping that I might luck out and be able to at least ride towards the end of the trip if the refurbishment was originally scheduled to last the entirety of January (and re-opened early).

What is usually involved with refurb of Splash Mountain anyway? I'm just curious and want some context of what actually needs to be done during that refurb period?
4 week refurbishments seldom end early, since they are already on such a tight schedule. It's possible but unlikely, especially since Disney refurbishes Splash Mountain every winter--they have a good idea of how long it will take to complete the project.

Tom

Beta Return

Unfortunately, it's been our experience that the Splash Mountain refurbs are accurate to the day. We've been in the same boat as you before (twice). It closed when they said it would, and re-opened when they said it would.

(As a side note, imagineergurl's comment about 9 weeks was completely out of left field, and not correct. No idea why she said that. It was kind of a hit and run sort of thing. Troll-esque).

We're checking in on Jan 30, so not to rub it in, but we're hopeful they follow their trend and open as scheduled, so we can ride it for the first time in 3 trips.

They have them in Tokyo. How bad can they be?

I have no idea who or what you're replying to :lol:

ABigBrassBand

Splash is always closed throughout January after the New Years crowds leave, so I suppose it's another trip without the beloved attraction *watches SotS with a sad face*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom