Spirited Thoughts, News, Observations etc.

OK, hide the women and the children ... most importantly send the fanbois to bed with their plush and tell them to hide under the covers ... waaaay down under them because it's time for some Spirited thoughts, observations, news and anecdotes from a long weekend at The World Maintenance Forgot, yes WDW.

Where to start? With a conclusion? Or should I just work on down?

Should I start with the good ... things like seeing friends, having great weather, appreciating some things that the fan community tends to ignore and seeing EPCOT in its best colors?

Or ... do I focus on everything else? Because all going to WDW did for me this weekend was exceed my already amazingly low expectations for the state of WDW infrastructure and show quality (hey, they did exceed expectations, right?) and get me more excited for my future visits to DLP, possibly BGW, DL ... and, hopefully in the not too distant future, the Asian resorts again too.

Let's start with the basics. Freshness. If you had visited WDW in 2006 and hadn't returned in six years, you would find no appreciable new product in three of four parks.

You would find show quality that already had issues showing more issues than the typical fanboi in therapy. Well, that's if you can actually get to the MK because the crumbling monorail system has to be shut down all day from 11:30 a.m to 6 p.m. to do track work in the midst of one of the busiest times of the year ... imagine paying $500-700 a night for a room at the GF or Poly with monorail convenience touted (wonder what guest recovery they are doing there!) ... but let's assume you find your way there.

Let's start with the stuff the fan community is all lathered up for, namely the Storybook Circus mini-land expansion of Fantasyland. What did I think of it?

Not very much at all.

As usual, the hype was much greater than the product, which can't be viewed in a vacuum in a park that is crumbling and has no wow factor at all anymore.

In the day, Dumbo's primary colors and the red painted construction fences all around come off as garish ... befitting a circus, no doubt ... but Old Man Disney was no more a fan of circuses than he was of amusement parks and piers and the shady elements that all attracted. So, we have a new spinner that is prettier than the last. And it spins high enough to peek over construction walls and we all know how much that has become en vogue in O-Town of late.

It is a beautiful kinetic piece at night when the lighting is largely coming from the white and red bulbs that rim the queue (likely more of a makeshift deal now until the old Dumbo starts spinning across the way) and the LEDs embedded in the fountains underneath. But it is still Dumbo.

Sort of like the Barnstormer is still the Barnstormer, just missing much in the way of theming. Its prior incarnation had some whimsy, this doesn't. But they weren't getting rid of the only kiddie coaster in the park, so this was a cheap fix. Oh, and thanks to Bob Iger working with a chainsaw, you can now watch Disney buses and CMs driving to/fro work behind the MK as you walk up the queue if you peer left. I will never get what Phil and TDO have against trees, but they certainly do.

Nothing else is open beyond a much nicer train station that is still a train station ... and a set of new restrooms (someone needs to page Talking Head to this thread stat!) What I found amazing is that Disney was too cheap to actually connect these facilities to the park's main water supply, so they are using water from the immediate area that is untreated (or perhaps non-filtered/cleansed is more appropriate) so you have bizarre signs saying the water is 'non potable' (that means you can't drink it for those with limited vocabularies) over toilets. I know Disney's prices are crazy for a Coke, but over the toilet?!? ... Of course, the reason is they have colored the water blue because otherwise it would be a very icky color and folks would constantly be complaining that something isn't right.

Are the details nice? Sure. But they are very basic. I was much more excited by leaf patterns in the walkways around Old Man Island at Dixie Landings 20 years ago than I am by various hoof prints and 'peanuts' embedded in this area.

So much of this area also suffers from having both exposed coaster track (Disney fanbois seem to have issues with this at UNI) and show buildings just sticking out like a Duffy alone on a shelf full of Minnies.

If this is what Disney believes will raise the bar in O-Town ... well, no ... they don't. They understand what they have built and why. This is about capacity ... and NEXT GEN ... and keeping folks from being bored out of their minds by offering something 'new'.

It's in 'soft opening' now, but let's be blunt: they had to get this open and open now. They have so little capacity in this park due to 15 years of taking away and not adding. MK just isn't a very pleasant place right now at all with crowds and walls and lots of attractions that have seen far better days.

Again, it also seems that Ops and WDI simply can't get on the same page no matter what ... Dumbo opens with small plants where every little kid (and plenty of big ones) are going to stand, so the result is the foliage that was there Monday was trampled and mostly dead or dying by Friday. How they miss these basics is beyond me, although I think communication and common sense are both lacking.

Now, what else was 'new' (to me) at MK? Spin the Fanboi? Pin the Tail on Meg? Dole Whip tees (I mean, REALLY?!?!) ... or how about the latest way to hook OCD fanbois and why it is so important to NEXT GEN.

I'll see you all a little later ... like in the next post!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That old chestnut.

I won't defend DLP or DL to the point of lying, but those are issues that exist in all the WDW parks too. Tomorrow land in and out has bad cosmetic show too.

There are certainly problems at all of the parks, but for me, those DLP pictures of the Pirate Ship are perhaps the worst I have ever seen in an open area of a Disney park. I don't think anything at WDW approaches that.

COProgressFan

Because, my guess is, WDW is a business and it runs on a business model. Each department within the whole is given $X each year in a budget and told to run your operation on that set amount of money. Thats why you have, say transportation, doing things that may seem trivial when a robot yeti is not fixed. Two separate departments within the organization doing whats best for their department with the money that is allocated to them.

Adding to this, each department is allocated funding, but it appears that there really isn't anyone overseeing funds and how they relate to the overall operation of the entire resort. A smart thing would be for someone to look step back and look at the entire resort and prioritize needs. If certain departments need additional funding to get projects done, then funding needs to be allocated accordingly. So maybe it would be decided that fixing the broken Yeti and Splash AAs is critical, but the funding for cleaning monorail beams can be deferred for a year.

I don't agree with it -- I think all these maintenance issues should be addressed ASAP, but if you are allocating limited funds, I concur with the original poster that they don't seem to very good job of determining what should be prioritized and what can be put off.

COProgressFan

You never saw chipped paint or, my personal favorite, woodwork that had been painted over so many times (vs. being refinished properly) that the details were coated over and lost in the countless layers.

This is a HUGE problem across WDW. The GF birdcage elevator in the main lobby has some ornate wooden trimwork inside. A month ago, I noticed how there must be 100 layers of paint on top of dents, chips, and knicks in the wood underneath. Yes, it is painted, but it looks terrible. Just because it's painted doesn't make it ok; instead it makes you think "this place is old and worn." They need to properly refinish the surfaces first, and then repaint. This has also been the case throughout Main Street, though with the many rehabs that have been going on outside there, it certainly isn't as much of a problem (yet).

flpropmgr

I just got back from a quick spur-of-the-moment trip and had a wonderful time. POR seemed immaculate; my room was refurbished (one building was closed for refurbishment). The parks were in generally good repair, but MK was probably in the worst shape. Several buildings have coverings (I joked that Disney has really gotten cheap with its plastic facades). The monorails smell like a barn (this has been the case for years). Splash Mountain is one of my favorites, but I decided against it, in part because of the odor that sticks to my hands after holding the rubber bar in the "log." I walked through the updated Fantasyland, but gave Disney a pass since most isn't yet complete.

As someone who goes to WDW 1-3 times per year, I don't feel the need to do everything, so take what the parks give me. I did many attractions, often walking right on even during busy times. DS and AK seemed fresher, and Epcot has become a great location for walking and people-watching. My lunch at Brown Derby was outstanding, and my food overall was quite good, so I have no complaints in that regard. Epcot offers some good drink options, such as the tequila bar, but I am disappointed that most bars offer the same drinks with too-few (if any) specialty drinks associated with that particular establishment. Too few stores have unique merchandise, too, which diminishes the overall appeal.

In 1983, I took a vacation in Orlando and went to WDW for the first time in many years. I left disheartened: WDW seemed in poor condition, with many rides breaking down while I rode them. A few years later, I returned, and my love affair with Disney began in earnest. The company had invested huge amounts of money in the parks and the overall experience was much better. But, since then, Disney has focused, it seems, on building more resorts to keep money at WDW rather than let it dissipate throughout the region and has built new parks around the world. These investments, I think, have diminished the amount of money spent on the WDW parks themselves.

I love WDW more than any other vacation spot, and I love being able to be on-property for an all-inclusive experience (DL has some superior rides, but the overall experience is far less immersive; the last time there, I walked past picketers to get to my hotel). There is still a tremendous amount of "magic" at WDW, but I wonder how much will be left 10 or 20 years down the road if the current management philosophy persists. After 1983, Disney turned WDW around, creating the world's preeminent vacation escape. Does it need to do so again? And will it?

rodserling27

Hi. I just wanted to chime in here real quick, I don't have much to say. I've been reading this thread since Spirit first posted. First off, this is the greatest new thread I have seen on WDWMagic in a couple of years, bravo. It has people talking, debating, arguing, and, most importantly, calling out TDO on things that need attention.

Do I think that TDO's business model is flawed? Absolutely. They jury-rig everything and cash in on memories and nostalgia, even for first-timers. Do I love things like Captain EO and Main Street Electrical Parade? Hell yeah, I do. Am I looking forward to original Tiki Room when I visit on Monday? You bet your backside I am. But beyond cashing in on memories that I had as a kid and enticing guests to come see ltd. time-only events (See: SummerNightastic fireworks/Tower of Terror), there is a stark truth. There's been NOTHING "new" or significant at the MK in many, many years. We have a bunch of "old" attractions returning to replace ones that were so awful they never should have been there win the first place...and that's it. I'll go as far as to say that nothing ground-breaking has been installed in all of WDW since Expedition:Everest. And to be honest, I don't even think Everest is all that great!

I won't go on much longer, but my point is that I have to hand it to '74, Lee, Martin, etc...I'm right there with you and always have been since I started lurking many years ago. You are on-point. WDW is, in some ways, at it's worst. It's a hard pill to swallow, but I don't know if I'll be renewing my AP this year for a myriad of reasons.

Can I still have fun at the park? Oh absolutely. I can spend an entire day at MK and still not have finished everything I wanted to do (which I can't say the same about Epcot or Animal Kingdom). Is there still merit in going to WDW? Absolutely, and if there wasn't, I don't' think any of us would be here posting this stuff. But I don't know how long I can turn a blind eye to the overwhelming number of problems with the parks themselves before it catches up with my ability to actually enjoy them.

There is NO EXCUSE for poor show at WDW. None whatsoever. Why are there broken AA's at Splash Mountain, even right after a refurb? Why in the blue hell is that hippo's eye at "it's a small world" STILL not working properly after 7 years? Peeling paint, chipping wood, burnt-out lightbulbs...yeah, I agree with you guys. None of this is acceptable. The "Disney difference" doesn't exist. People ask me, "Hey Dan, why do you always stay at the cheaper resorts? Or off-property at a cheaper hotel?" Because I can't justify spending upwards of $230 a night for a marginal difference in quality. Sure, the Contemporary is awesome, we all know that. Polynesian Village is my favorite resort on property. But tell me, please, the difference, besides aesthetic and visual things, between Disney's Pop Century and Port Orleans Resort? Or All Star Music and, say, Grand Floridian? More to do? More ways to spend your money? And about $200 extra a night. Maybe a tad shorter bus ride from the parks back to the resort. Why should I pay more? Don't even get me started on broken monorails...

Dreamscometrue, you have valid points, and I understand where you're coming from. I beg the answer of the questions you ask too. I don't understand why monorail beam cleaning or roof cleaning takes priority over fixing broken AA's that ruin the show and experience. Perhaps it is, as hakunamatata said, based out of how much money each department is given. But it blows my mind that they feel the need to expand Fantasyland while CRUCIAL elements of show fall to shambles.

I'm finished with my little mini rant. This is an excellent thread, and I wish we had more like it. WDW1974, you are awesome. Great report, looking forward to the continuation of this thread, and I love to see the Big Dogs coming out to post in this topic. We have an awesome community here, and yes...we are all insane!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are certainly problems at all of the parks, but for me, those DLP pictures of the Pirate Ship are perhaps the worst I have ever seen in an open area of a Disney park. I don't think anything at WDW approaches that.

Indeed. It is unforgivable. Not to defend the time it took, I do
Know a lot of DLP was built using wood where appropriate. Appropriate for Glendale maybe but not Marne le Valles climate. I have pictures of the Newport Bays exterior from 2005 almost as bad. Thankfully two lots of three year rolling refurbishments have now really got to the root of the problem.

But to allow things to get so bad is very much late 90s DL.

DznyRktekt

Someone mentioned the dirty carpet in attractions, queues, etc. Many resort wide are absolutely black. I was most surprised at how filthy the carpet in the Magic Kingdom baby care center was. Children of course crawl and toddle around in that area. My wife and little one took a nursing break there on our last trip. After letting our baby crawl around for a moment, his knees looked as though he had been crawling on an asphalt parking lot. Really not exaggerating here.

Do they need to strike a deal with Rug Doctor? Maybe like the "how to wash your hands" plaques we'll soon see ones just above the baseboards that say "walking surfaces magically cleaned by Rug Doctor".

sweetpee_1993

This is a HUGE problem across WDW. The GF birdcage elevator in the main lobby has some ornate wooden trimwork inside. A month ago, I noticed how there must be 100 layers of paint on top of dents, chips, and knicks in the wood underneath. Yes, it is painted, but it looks terrible. Just because it's painted doesn't make it ok; instead it makes you think "this place is old and worn." They need to properly refinish the surfaces first, and then repaint. This has also been the case throughout Main Street, though with the many rehabs that have been going on outside there, it certainly isn't as much of a problem (yet).

I've seen this paint build-up thing quite frequently all over where there's painted wooden surfaces at WDW. You can tell without really looking for very long. I first really noticed it in the Crystal Palace several years back. Since the big refurb there it looks somewhat better but you know it's only a matter of time before it's back to the same.

Yeah, I kinda turned a big corner of sorts last September when we got off the Dream and checked into the Yacht Club. Standing at the main elevators was the beginning of the "Wow. Really?" moments. The surfaces of the walls and woodwork had the heavy painted over look. Near the elevator buttons the surface was grubby, dirty, chipped, and marred. The floor indicator arrows above the elevators were all tarnished & broken. All of them. Not 1 working. I think maybe 1 of the 4 on the club level floor was working but all looked pretty tarnished. The walls and surfaces weren't much different than the bottom floor. Walking down the hall to our room I leaned over and whispered to the old man, "Is it just me or is this place pretty dumpy?" Granted, it's a lot older than the brand new beautiful cruise ship we had just left but why was the place allowed to become so run down to begin with? Certainly wasn't very ship-shape... :rolleyes:

kittybubbles

Personally, I like '74's style and post. I agree with most of what he states. I think the main difference in the way my eyes see things is that I tend to visit WDW for my daughter (6 years old) more than I do for myself so there is some magic in seeing her joy.

This is my wife's account, but she never post on here and I post every now and again under her user name. I first visited WDW in '71 when I was 5 years old. I went at least once a year up until '84. I may have been a few times between '84 and 2006, but we really started visiting again when my daughter was 11 months old.

The one thing that gives me hope is that folks here really praise DL. I have only been to DL a few times ('84 - '85 time frame) and I really was not impressed (though I did enjoy seeing rides that are not in FL, anyway, it sounds like DL has greatly improved so maybe there is hope for WDW someday.

We were at WDW 4/16 to 4/20, we really did not do a lot of rides on this trip (we live around 3 hours away, so we are able to visit enough that we do not need to do everything while we are there).

It is interesting to hear about the tag on the cover used over Tigger's bounce area, I wonder if there are using RFID tags in these tags to keep track of their inventory (not that it is an excuse to have it visible)...anyway, I say this because we stayed in a Royal Room at PORS and there were tags on all the furniture, on the comforters, just everywhere it seemed. The sad part of the room was that there were paint drops on the toilet seat cover from when the ceiling was painted.

We did ride PoTC and I have been on before when the smoke screen was not working, but it was just odd to see the screen, to hear Blackbeard, but to not have the projector working. Now for PoTC, I will say that about 2 years ago or so it seemed like ride was too dark, I seemed to recall the ceiling being lit blue like a sky at dusk....well that has been gone a long time and seemed to make the ride darker to me....this time however, it appears they made the lanterns in each scene a lot brighter which helps light up the scenes better.

I will say that WDW's 'bad show' goes beyond just maintenance. We did not ride TGMR this trip, but since we have been going with my daughter, I have been disappointed in the cast members efforts to create the illusion that they are driving/controlling the ride vehicle. I always that the really drove that thing, but lately, I have been on where the driver never even attempted to even touch the steering wheel, seen cast members stop and leave the thing (during the driver switch) without even moving the lever (that I use to believe controlled forward movement).

Anyway, we found magic in this trip, but it probably was in items that a lot of folks don't care about. There still seems to be some effort in treating observers to something. SAT night on the HM, the hidden Mickey plate set up in the ballroom was not there, but it was back on SUN night....but the best time (for my daughter) came during EMH's at DHS. We had no idea that they use Playhouse Disney as a dance club (most of this trip was sleeping in and visiting the parks at night save for days at EPOCT where we did not even ride any rides)...anyway, from midnight until 1 AM on MON, the place was rather empty and my daughter got to spend a lot of time w/ Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, as well as Handy Many and all the Einsteins...they also had three folks making balloon animals and by the end of the night, they seemed to get into a contest of sorts as they were churning out balloons like Pluto, Mickey, the little Mermaid....was rather neat to see...so not is all lost for me, but I do know exactly why folks feel there is bad show at WDW ('cept I will say that I use to see a lot of un-magical views of show buildings when the Sky lift thinggie was in the MK....

WDW1974

Original Poster
The tree removals borderline on sadism in the summer. MK can be brutal, much more other parks. (I admit DAK can feel like hell on earth, but at least there is shade!) For a moment, I thought the stifling heat eminating from the concrete drove more people into shops ($$) but then I realized that they raised the set points on the a/c in most shops years ago, and its often not much cooler inside than out!

I have no idea what inane thought has gone into taking the beautiful PARK-like feeling MK had and turning it into the feel of an outlet mall with facades and some rides thrown in (anyone who can't handle hyperbole should probably not read that ... too late!:drevil:)

Having just returned from the beach, I sorta expect the MK to have more shade than that ...

And better views of the castle for shows like Wishes and The Magic, the Memories and ME! just isn't a good enough excuse for what they have done.

WDW1974

Original Poster
That is suggesting conspiracy. By saying "I am simply saying we don't know what happened because we weren't there" you are doing the same thing that Joe Rogan does when he drops the "I am just asking questions" mantra when he spews him moon landing hoax garbage. You just implied that law enforcement falsified the report because it was Disney.

What I am suggesting is simply what I wrote: that Disney has way too cozy a relationship with local law enforcement officials ... I never said anyone falsified anything. Is it possible? Sure. Likely? Probably not.

Again, yes you are. It was a horrible thing that a child died, but the harsh reality is that child died due to his own mistake and not a bus's mistake.

I wasn't there. I can only go by reports. And isn't there an active civil suit going on between the parents and Disney or was that settled quietly out of court?

No because that would be incorrect. The NTSB report showed that the procedures were more at fault than the people. Saying otherwise would be stretching the truth, embellishing or any one of other colorful ways to say lying.

Facts are friends not food.

So, it would be safe to say WDW Co was at fault for killing a monorail pilot, yes?

WDW1974

Original Poster
So many issues. I couldn't believe it when I rode it last month. I think you do have to have blinders on to not see the problems on Small World. The ride is so slow that you have all day to see all the broken effects. What bothered me is that in early October I noticed the hippos eye broken and when I rode it Feb 29 guess what it was still broken. 5 months and they can't fix an easily fixable eye on the hippo. SAD

Not can't, Scuttle, won't.

That's why Splash Mountain can close every January for a month in WDW and reopen with 95% of what was wrong still broken or operating incorrectly.

There are so many things wrong with Small World that you'd need a TOP Imagineer like Tony Baxter to ride with you and go through them. This isn't a one or two small things deal.

I smell pizza ...

disney4life2008

Thank you for the observations. Since 2009, I have been a loyal Annual Pass holder and traveling to WDW no less than twice a year. However, I made a difficult decision this past January abstain from WDW until 2013 (or later) and not renew my AP (likely ever). I love WDW but I agree - there is nothing new to experience for me. My reasons:

1) There seems to be so much focus on the high paying guests (VIP treatments). What I loved about WDW is that everyone was treated the same regardless of income. But with the upcoming VIP experiences for the capitalists - my experiences will likely be different.

2) I would travel to WDW solely for Spectromagic and Fantasmic. I have watched MSEP since its return and I hate it. There is no magic and the music is terrible. I miss the cool nights of getting popcorn and watching the 2nd showing of Spectromagic. MSEP is just not doing it for me (I tried and that USA Flag float is just horrific!). I am happy Fantasmic has gotten more shows and some love - but I would like to see a more extensive upgrade.

3) MK - I am excited to see the new Fantasyland expansion and am pleased they took all the little girl focus out. MK will always be a fun park so no complaints. AK has become my 2nd favorite park - I used to hate it but I appreciate the shows, the rides and the animals. EPCOT - absolute bore fest. When Spaceship Earth got its make over - that was the beginning of the end. I like ride enhancements but the old announcer was better as was the soundtrack (thanks for nothing Siemans!). Soarin is nice but needs update. Everything else... well.. HS - with the exception of Fantasmic, nothing stands out. EPCOT and HS needs some love....

4) Worst of all... Downtown Disney. I used to love walking around DD with the cool breeze from the water. With the exception of the Marketplace - DD is just a wreck. Hyperian Wharf??? DD just does not keep my attention anymore.

I still love WDW but they will not get my $1000 plus for vacation until more enhancements are done resort wide. And I do not mean more DVC resorts; expensive 5 star hotels and multi million dollar homes. I want fun.

Scuttle

Not can't, Scuttle, won't.

That's why Splash Mountain can close every January for a month in WDW and reopen with 95% of what was wrong still broken or operating incorrectly.

There are so many things wrong with Small World that you'd need a TOP Imagineer like Tony Baxter to ride with you and go through them. This isn't a one or two small things deal.

I smell pizza ...

Your right. They won't. When I looked up that video of the hippo for Dreamscometrue I was not shocked to find that it was uploaded in 2006. And yes your correct there are a plethora of problems with Small World.

rodserling27

2) I would travel to WDW solely for Spectromagic and Fantasmic. I have watched MSEP since its return and I hate it. There is no magic and the music is terrible. I miss the cool nights of getting popcorn and watching the 2nd showing of Spectromagic. MSEP is just not doing it for me (I tried and that USA Flag float is just horrific!). I am happy Fantasmic has gotten more shows and some love - but I would like to see a more extensive upgrade.
:eek:
I feel the same way as you in the bold... but about MSEP! I would, and have (and will again in two days) travel to WDW for MSEP and F!. I find Spectro, on the other hand, dull, boring and bland. But hey, each to his own. :wave:

I agree with everything else in your post. Epcot is borefest, absolutely. DTD is lame as anything, and we need something new. The idea of getting treated "better" or VIP treatment is absurd too. Everyone should be treated equally. The money you pay for resorts should be for finer quality things (i.e. bath towels and sheets) and better food. None of this outrageously expensive VIP stuff that seems to be headed down the pike.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I joke about my disabilities regularly, others doing so has never bothered me. :cool:

Yes, but I never like to do that ... it's much more fun to poke you for your crazy Disney beliefs and likes!:)

Been to DLR twice, once in 2004 with son and Ex. Second time a solo trip for D55. Both were excellent experiences. In 2004, we went for a week in February, the only downside was that it rained every day but one. The CMs made the mistake of constantly saying "You shudda been here LAST week! It was beautiful!" :rolleyes: My son and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite the weather [my Ex grumped so much I had no problem convincing my son that future trips would be "boys only"! :D].

Well, I missed Feb. of 2004 (but I was living out there part-time from 2001-2008, so I well know that month was the one left out of the song 'It Never Rains in California' ... I still remember the DCA opening month when literally it poured five days straight, would sorta clear up for one day, then be real nice for half a day and the next system moved in from the Pacific.

Got a little of that when I was out there this January. But Feb is definitely a bad month for people who want dry weather there.

D55 was fantastic, though Disney's last-minute efforts to put on a celebration A) messed up a lot of WDWCelebrations' plans, and B) were rather blah. :shrug: Still had a great vacation.

I find DL very cramped and hard to navigate. Rough, uneven pavement wreaks havoc on my feet. But the experience was still worth going.

DL can definitely be cramped, part of that is its age/charm and part is the amount of people mixed with strollers mixed with ODV carts clogging walkways.

I can't believe how bad MK often feels in this regard, but I blame that squarely on seas of double-wide strollers and ECVs ... and all those MAGICal construction walls don't help ... although they did keep people away from Storybook Circus last week. I'm convinced that most people didn't even know there was anything down there to see since you enter thru a maze of walls.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I assure you, there has been no inception of ideas in my head in regards to this; not on 74's part or anybody. I haven't even slept this week, so anybody wanting to try it will have to wait.

I warn you, but the Spirit will visit you in your sleep ... sorta like an evil Disney Freddy Krueger (is she too young to get the reference?):goodnevil

I've been aware of everything before trips in the past and nothing-- not one thing-- has been ruined; WDW is still home, flaws and all.

Ignorance isn't bliss, buddy. Not at all.

Yes, but wouldn't it be better if those flaws were fixed? Who wants to live in a fixer-upper when they could be living in a nice new home?

WDW1974

Original Poster
74 may have a.... Unique posting style, but I will vouch that bus incidents aside his observations of the resorts shortcomings are 100% true.

If you ignore most of his his notes you choose to ignore the hard facts.

Thanks, Martin.

Just watch out for those Disney buses!:wave:

BTW, are you looking forward to Disney Dreams as much as I am?:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom