Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

While I feel horrible for your friends, to blame Disney for this to me is ignorant. Their are those of us who enjoy food and wine fest responsibly, and the blame is solely on the individual. Adults with no self control, who over indulge, are the culprit here, plain and simple. If Disney is negligent in any area it is that they need a stricter policy when serving people, meaning if a person is too drunk to walk, they are too drunk to serve.
You understand that bartenders can be held legally responsible for knowingly serving someone they believe is too drunk to drive.

Disney is the bartender. Disney has turned F&WF into a drunkfest, has even trumpeted its (financial) "success", and is trying to do the same with the once lovely Flower & Garden Festival.

Hell yes Disney is responsible.

janoimagine

You understand that bartenders can be held legally responsible for knowingly serving someone they believe is too drunk to drive.

Disney is the bartender. Disney has turned F&WF into a drunkfest, has even trumpeted its (financial) "success", and is trying to do the same with the once lovely Flower & Garden Festival.

Hell yes Disney is responsible.

I disagree, poor behavior from a choice group of people has turned F&W and F&G into it's current form. That being said, can Disney do a better job at not overserving a person and contributing to the problem? Absolutely.

The issue still revolves around the individual and his or her choice to overindulge. People know what is right and wrong, to me saying the "bartender got me drunk" whether or not it has become a legal issue today is just another example of society looking for an out for their own poor choices and behavior.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Let me just ask you guys who regularly use this thread. The thread will always be moderated to the terms of use guidelines. Would you like off topic posts to be removed?

I think the problem with removing off-topic posts from this specific thread is, what exactly is considered off topic? Even WDW1974's posts tend to cover a lot of different topics, some of which aren't even related to Disney.

truecoat

Let me just ask you guys who regularly use this thread. The thread will always be moderated to the terms of use guidelines. Would you like off topic posts to be removed?

If it's way off topic, if would make sense. This particular forum jumps all around and seems to be a catch all. It's the only forum I usually look at while I'm here as I'm trying get the lowdown on what's new.

Tim_4

It is complicated because Disney chooses it to be. It wasn't like this under Eisner or even Miller.

Look at what UNI does. The fact this couldn't be announced Anaheim is so ludicrous that it barely deserves a response.
I said "that's the way it is," not "that's the way it should be." I agree that the system is broken and obnoxiously slow and bureaucratic.

jt04

I will return when all the blue dust has settled to comment on AvLand. :cool:

PSS How bout those PATRIOTS!!!!! ;)

dhall

There is the 'get a room!!' Theory which is when some tangent has gotten so consuming it deserves to be split off into its own topic. I'd much prefer that to the mass delete theory of moderation. Then the peers can pressure people to that place as well verse argue that posts should be deleted
I think it'd be really useful for some of the more egregious tangents to be split, but I don't know if the forum software supports that. It seems like we've seen threads consolidated in the past, so it seems like transplanting the branch discussions into fresh new soil should be possible.

stevehousse

Actually those CMs that were injured can go ahead and sue Disney for their injuries. Most states have "Dram Shop" laws with liquor licenses, so those cms that were injured can sue. Disney could be fined and lose their liquor license.

I doubt this will happen, but in this day and age, anything can happen...

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I disagree, poor behavior from a choice group of people has turned F&W and F&G into it's current form. That being said, can Disney do a better job at not overserving a person and contributing to the problem? Absolutely.

The issue still revolves around the individual and his or her choice to overindulge. People know what is right and wrong, to me saying the "bartender got me drunk" whether or not it has become a legal issue today is just another example of society looking for an out for their own poor choices and behavior.

I disagree. Food and Wine has become akin to tailgating at a football game where you have folks with three times the legal limit in their systems before they enter the stadium.

People are NOT responsible. Disney has to be vigilant. And they won't be.

They have actually encouraged the whole Drinking Round the World frat game that is often played by people who are 46 or 66 and long past frat age.

It is on Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom