Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.dreamfinder

So nothing was announced for Tokyo beyond what was already known (Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid) at their first D23 expo. I get this strange feeling something got pulled. We know OLC has committed to spending 2 Billion plus this decade, but on what?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Barring a riot where people are killed and kids are maimed, nothing will change.

My vote was for a brawl that involved a stabbing... that would have some bite.

As for what they charge.. I could care less. I know better than to spend my time and energy on this thing. I know going to a festival in any of the neighborhoods in the city here would probably be a lot better and a lot cheaper. I had no interest in the soap opera weekends.. and no interest in this either. They run it when I can't be there anyways.

But it does look like I'm gonna have up to 3 options to be in WDW between now and marathon weekend. Gotta decide if it's worth any of my dollars... right now.. less interested.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So nothing was announced for Tokyo beyond what was already known (Jungle Cruise, Little Mermaid) at their first D23 expo. I get this strange feeling something got pulled. We know OLC has committed to spending 2 Billion plus this decade, but on what?

I heard the final day of D23 is going on right now there, but it doesn't sound like any new announcements.

This whole situation is just so strange. Why wait until Tokyo to announce attractions for WDW and HKDL, yet NOT Tokyo?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Could you list the entire TDO management team and said IQs since you seam to know? I'm just curious....

It's not necessary to know them by name, the quality of decisions being made tells the story, Avatar land, Billions for Bands, the constant devaluing of experience, declining food choices, the insipid merchandise.

sparky03

FWIW ... I like this thread. I rarely post, have been mostly lurking the forum for years, but this is the thread I come to 90% of the time I log on. I enjoy the banter and the back and forth discussions among insiders--or at least from people who are way more "insider" than me. I do think there are a lot of intelligent people who post here. Even the so-called "off-topic" discussions I find interesting. Many get accused of negativity; I just see it more as telling it like it is. If I want advertisements and spin I'll just park myself on the couch and watch ABC all day. Even with all the faults of current management, I will continue to go to WDW when I can. I agree with what 74 wrote a few posts back: keep going but keep pushing for change. Keep holding park management to the same high standards we grew up knowing. When you see something wrong, let them know. The parks need the discerning guests--the ones who remember how things used to be. Complain because you care.

In any case, that's the takeaway I've gotten from this thread and why I think it's important. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I disagree. Food and Wine has become akin to tailgating at a football game where you have folks with three times the legal limit in their systems before they enter the stadium.

People are NOT responsible. Disney has to be vigilant. And they won't be.

They have actually encouraged the whole Drinking Round the World frat game that is often played by people who are 46 or 66 and long past frat age.

It is on Disney.

And just so wrong on so many levels. Come on a pub crawl at Disney??? This is one thing the Mouse Arrest bands could be useful for - tracking the number of Adult Beverages sold to any given guest and putting some reasonable limit on how many can be purchased in a given time interval.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How did you know about my invisible little pussy, Mr. Pickles?

He got top meows in kitty college, despite being very into this little asian number that called herself Hello Kitty.

I also know Mr Pickles received a Purrfect score on his GRE's and is currently attending graduate school

janoimagine

I disagree. Food and Wine has become akin to tailgating at a football game where you have folks with three times the legal limit in their systems before they enter the stadium.

People are NOT responsible. Disney has to be vigilant. And they won't be.

They have actually encouraged the whole Drinking Round the World frat game that is often played by people who are 46 or 66 and long past frat age.

It is on Disney.

Spirit, I agree with you 99.9% of the time, but not on this.

The responsibility lies in the individual who chooses to drink well past a resposnsible limit. Yes, Disney can do a better job of cutting people off and removing said individuals, and they absolutely should, but people are making the choice to overindulge, and choosing to act like they are back in colledge.

And lets be honest here, it's not like Disney is giving the alchohol away either, if you consider the average 3oz taster of beer or wine will set you back $4 (a glass of wine is about 25oz), not including park admission at $90, I fail to see how they are the guilty party.

At the end of the day it is still a poor choice by an individual to allow themselves to become too inebriated to function.

alissafalco

And just so wrong on so many levels. Come on a pub crawl at Disney??? This is one thing the Mouse Arrest bands could be useful for - tracking the number of Adult Beverages sold to any given guest and putting some reasonable limit on how many can be purchased in a given time interval.

The drunks can easily find a way around that. They will just opt out of having the band.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

VERY good idea, hope they implement that

asianway

Spirit, I agree with you 99.9% of the time, but not on this.

The responsibility lies in the individual who chooses to drink well past a resposnsible limit. Yes, Disney can do a better job of cutting people off and removing said individuals, and they absolutely should, but people are making the choice to overindulge, and choosing to act like they are back in colledge.

And lets be honest here, it's not like Disney is giving the alchohol away either, if you consider the average 3oz taster of beer or wine will set you back $4 (a glass of wine is about 25oz), not including park admission at $90, I fail to see how they are the guilty party.

At the end of the day it is still a poor choice by an individual to allow themselves to become too inebriated to function.
You are confusing ones moral responsibility vs the legal responsibility Disney has. You may want to educate yourself on dram shop laws and then write your legislators.

Cardinals314

During my last trip to Disney, I did do Drinks Around the World. My friends and I went there for our Spring Break senior year of college. Unlike a number of people, we took precautions and planned out how to do it. We didn't finish because we were able to moderate each other and know when we had enough.

janoimagine

You are confusing ones moral responsibility vs the legal responsibility Disney has. You may want to educate yourself on dram shop laws and then write your legislators.
I am well aware of Dram Shop Laws, and honestly, I think its complete BS, as a society we keep inventing out's of our own moral code an obligations to eachother.

"I was too drunk ... and got in my car, crashed and killed a family, but it wasn't my fault for ordering the drink's and getting too drunk, it wasn't my fault for deciding to drive my vehicle the wrong way on the expressway ?!? It was the bartender because they served me the drink's."

Really?!? Come on. For once I wish people would own up to their own mistakes and stop trying to pass it of on everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

asianway

I am well aware of Dram Shop Laws, and honestly, I think its complete BS, as a society we keep inventing out's of our own moral code an obligations to eachother.

"I was too drunk ... and got in my car, crashed and killed a family, but it wasn't my fault for ordering the drink's and getting too drunk, it wasn't my fault for deciding to drive my vehicle the wrong way on the expressway ?!? It was the bartender because they served me the drink's."

Really?!? Come on. For once I wish people would own up to their own mistakes and stop trying to pass it of on everyone else.
Im not saying I disagree, but this is the country we live in. We cant even keep the government open, and the entitlement trend is going to miraculously reverse? I wish

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom