Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Neo

Was that "Disney had a secret meeting with Universal over the rights to Marvel" a joke or were you beings serious?

That's a far more interesting subject matter than wether or not the NSA and Fortune 500 companies spy on me while I shower

Clamman73

At that same secret meeting, I heard Disney landed the theme park rights to Lord of the Rings and Iger was targeting it for the Imagination Pavilion.

True to his word that "I don't think Figment is going anywhere any time soon", Iger was going to incorporate Figment into the new LotR attraction, replacing Samwise Gamgee with Figment.

:rolleyes:

Also heard Habit Heroes is being replaced with Hobbit Heroes...

GLaDOS

Rube price. For the same amount, an AP can get every night but the Saturdays. Even then, most of the normal Universal rides are open as well, so roughly analogous to a 1-day pass.

Or you can get every day of the first three weeks for about 60 bucks.

Was that "Disney had a secret meeting with Universal over the rights to Marvel" a joke or were you beings serious?

Joke.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have a good friend in a former USSR country who has now lived in the USA. He says its scary how the US is moving closer and closer to what he lived through in those USSR years- and our citizens don't even see it for themselves.

No, they still believe we are the freest country (and if they have an issue they'll blame the Prez because he is black and socially liberal, not because he sucks at leadership) ...they'll also believe we have the best educational system and healthcare and infrastructure too, even if we are laughable in those areas when stacked against other nations in the developed world.

What is our goal? To be able to put 'USA: Still better than Somalia!' bumperstickers on our Dodge pickups?

sweetpee_1993

I have a good friend in a former USSR country who has now lived in the USA. He says its scary how the US is moving closer and closer to what he lived through in those USSR years- and our citizens don't even see it for themselves.
Wasn't it Stalin who said something to the effect of the US would end up communist without a shot ever being fired? Hmmmm....

Kuhio

Just a thought...
Say you eat at a nice Disney restaurant one evening. The waiter, who unbeknownst to either you or Disney is a thief, notices that you and your wife have a lot of nice jewelry on for the evening.

This is precisely why I dress as trashily as possible when I visit WDW.

With my sweat-stained "You Better Redneckognize" tank top that's two sizes too small, cut-off jean shorts, and flip flops, no thief would ever suspect that I'm secretly a top one-percenter who's stashed a small fortune in jewels and electronics in my room at the All-Star Sports.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974

I am really curious about blowback from NGE information you put out here. Have you heard from any sources or have any people called you up anxiously wanting to know where and how and what?

Basically, I want to know if your info is striking a chord ...

Because I surely hope so.

I like ya , Sue. But I can't say much more than this is getting a lot of attention from a lot of places.

nytimez

What is our goal? To be able to put 'USA: Still better than Somalia!' bumperstickers on our Dodge pickups?

yes, the sticker goes right next to the truck nutz. but those darn pinkos are taking their truck nutz away too. Maybe if you use truck nutz to explain the slippery slope argument a certain segment of the public will understand it better.

first they came for the truck nutz...

Last edited:

Turtle

True.
With Disney, "never" means "until we change our minds."

The Star Wars projects are relatively new, only a few months old. Iger decided he wanted them and wanted them soon*. They have elbowed aside other projects from Cars and Marvel that were already in development.

*Relative term, of course...
How soon? 2016?

Cody5242

@WDW1974 are you saying Disney tried forcing UNI to give them the theme park rights to the marvel characters? Also let's say that Disney did have the rights for the use of the characters; how much of an effect would that have on the studios makeover?

GLaDOS

True.

The Star Wars projects are relatively new, only a few months old. Iger decided he wanted them and wanted them soon*. They have elbowed aside other projects from Cars and Marvel that were already in development.

What I'd like to know is how much focus has shifted from Avatar to Star Wars. Is there a skeleton crew pushing out Avatar stuff to Cameron for approval while the majority pump out Star Wars work...

ParentsOf4

True.

Which means DHS should have Star Wars Land sometime before Uni's third theme park but after Uni's new Lord of the Rings Land. :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
yes, the sticker goes right next to the truck nutz. but those darn pinkos are taking their truck nutz away too. Maybe if you use truck nutz to explain the slippery slop argument a certain segment of the public will understand it better.

first they came for the truck nutz...
Never heard of trunk nutz until now....can't believe that I've NEVER seen any of those.

twebber55

No, they still believe we are the freest country (and if they have an issue they'll blame the Prez because he is black and socially liberal, not because he sucks at leadership) ...they'll also believe we have the best educational system and healthcare and infrastructure too, even if we are laughable in those areas when stacked against other nations in the developed world.

in fairness to our educational system...everyone takes the ACT here, in other countries like Japan and Sweden only their top kids take standardized test...most countries begin weeding out their top kids by the age of 14...sending the other kids to trade schools whereas we train our society that college is the only way to succeed

PhotoDave219

True.

I mean at least 20 years too late. I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom