Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

twebber55

True.
With Disney, "never" means "until we change our minds."

The Star Wars projects are relatively new, only a few months old. Iger decided he wanted them and wanted them soon*. They have elbowed aside other projects from Cars and Marvel that were already in development.

*Relative term, of course...
so what kind of time frame are we looking best guess for star wars, pandora, marvel, cars

WDW1974

Original Poster
Im amazed at how people are arguing against what internal Disney documents say.

Why, Dave?

This is the USA where we have gotten to the point where we tell people that they didn't see what they saw on video, that it didn,t tell the whole story. I've watched murderers go free because of this.

There was a case in California years ago now where a police officer pulled over a soldier just home from one of the wars (let's say Iraq because it is shorter) and shot and killed him. It was murder plain and simple and the cop's dash cam showed it. But the killer got off because a group of people were stupid enough to believe their collectives eyes were lying to them.

So, either my docs are fake or someone at Disney is punking me or we are all just misreading and misunderstanding what they say as well as what we hear from people on the inside.

I know we like fairy tales and all (especially the Vista Way bois) but ... REALY?!?!!

Last edited:

orky8

@WDW1974 are you saying Disney tried forcing UNI to give them the theme park rights to the marvel characters? Also let's say that Disney did have the rights for the use of the characters; how much of an effect would that have on the studios makeover?

There is no try.

sweetpee_1993

in fairness to our educational system...everyone takes the ACT here, in other countries like Japan and Sweden only their top kids take standardized test...most countries begin weeding out their top kids by the age of 14...sending the other kids to trade schools whereas we train our society that college is the only way to succeed
Because when everyone is special, nobody is.

the.dreamfinder

So 'never say never...' :D
jar_jar_bieber_by_kindgenius-d5lx7cf.png

HMF

Slippery slope, indeed.

Almost no one, let alone in power, voiced a complaint with W and Cheney's Patriot Act a decade plus ago because we were at war with 'the evildoers' that attacked us on 9/11. Guess what? We got them, many times over now. But it stands in the second term of a constitutional scholar 'liberal' Democrat because once freedoms are taken away, they usually aren't given back without some form of bloodshed or protest.
The sad fact of the matter is quite a few people who were quite angry about it at the time are amazingly now OK with it because THEIR Guy is in Office, It's as if our Political Parties are like Sports Teams and Government is just one giant game.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Unless I missed an update, under the current plan, this is 21 FP+s a month, or 63 per quarter.

I honestly know few APers who would use them all.

I barely use them. I think I got four over 16 days in May. I may have gotten one in 4 days in July, although I can't recall doing so right now.

The thing is with the way I visit, I just am going to wind up being part of the problem. For my next visit in October, if this is up and running, I will take the 21-28 maximum and book them 'in case' despite not planning on a week's visit, despite knowing I'll be at UNI or the water parks other days. Disney's system will force me to screw my fellow guests, even though I do not want to.

Worse, my family and friends who will be walked in on maingates will have to sit on a bench because they're totally prevented from using the system (another design flaw or intention to make those cast benefits and free walk-ins not as great as they were before).

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

I barely use them. I think I got four over 16 days in May. I may have gotten one in 4 days in July, although I can't recall doing so right now.

The thing is with the way I visit, I just am going go wind up being part of the problem. For my next visit in October, if this is up and running, I will take the 21-28 maximum and book them 'in case' despite not planning on a week's visit, despite knowing I'll be at UNI or the water parks other days. Disney's system will force me go screw my fellow guests, even though I do not want to.

Worse, my family and friends who will be walked in on maingates will have to sit on a bench because they're totally prevented from using the system (another design flaw or intention to make those cast benefits and free walk-ins not as great as they were before).
When will Disney start charging your credit card for FP+ no shows?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Two points on that. First, it's been Summer here since early May (kids out of school and everything). By August, we're ready for it to be over.

Second, HHN and Howl-O-Scream do exactly what theme park junkies want. Once a year, 8 or so new "E-ticket" attractions. These may not be omnimovers, but in general, the themeing rivals PotC or HM. They disappear in a month and a half, and that exclusivity only ups the coolness factor.

In other words, spending on new attractions drives fans to visit the parks more (and spend on drinks, food, jello shots, T-shirts ...)

Rube price. For the same amount, an AP can get every night but the Saturdays. Even then, most of the normal Universal rides are open as well, so roughly analogous to a 1-day pass.

Oh, I know, Jason. And I'm actually planning on buying the Frequent Fear Pass for the first time ever for $83 (advance price and I think I can get a friend to buy it with Team Member discount).

But I do long for the days when they didn't exist and you didn't have to wait in 45 minute lines (longest I will do) with a bunch of drunks to be rushed in and out of the houses. HHNs in the late 90s/early 00s was Orlando's best-kept secret.

HMF

No, they still believe we are the freest country (and if they have an issue they'll blame the Prez because he is black and socially liberal, not because he sucks at leadership) ?
That's the biggest issue, I feel. The Fox crowd cried wolf before he even did anything that eventually it became so ridiculous that when he does in fact do something that is worthy of criticism, It's paid very little attention because the fact that everything he does is considered worse than Watergate by Fox.

luv

AP...7 days of FP a month is much more than I'd need, but less than I'd need if I lived in another state and came to Orlando to spend ten days at WDW. 7 days - heck 30 days - is not going to help if all the FPs are gone six weeks before I decide to go to the MK...but I'm not really all that worried about it. I don't get very many FPs, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom