Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

Welcome to my world. I have a genuine desire to keep up with what goes down on your threads, Spirit-love, but I just can't keep up. You're the popular-est of them all, I guess. I will hover my cursor over the thread, see that there's 20 or 30 pages since the last time I looked, aaaaaand nope. I hope you've not shattered the earth here and I missed it. I would be so crushed!

I stick to the previous three pages at most. On the bright side, we're making all these NSA guys read all this Disney stuff. Its either driving them nuts or they'll know how to plan the perfect vacation....

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm so conflicted on the Snowden thing. I think he has elements of both hero and patriot if that makes any sense. I do know that, because of his revelations, people and organizations that want to do the US and our allies harm have changed the way they do business and that's never a good thing. His actions were not well thought out and he didn't reveal that much, which is why he had to stay at an airport for weeks before someone would agree to take him.

I do not really want to have this discussion here, even if my big mouth started it! I do think that when the folks at the highest levels of the government are taking powers they were never supposed to have, doing it cloaked in secret and using the guise of 'we're at war' with the evildoers as an excuse, an individual has every moral and ethical right (some might say it is demanded) to seek light for what is kept in the dark.

Using the fact terrorists exist and would like to harm innocents to take away basic freedoms and rights that we hold so dear is evil. Pure and simple. Once power like that is taken from the people it is damn near impossible to get it back. But I'd rather discuss the evil in TWDC!!!

sweetpee_1993

I stick to the previous three pages at most. On the bright side, we're making all these NSA guys read all this Disney stuff. Its either driving them nuts or they'll know how to plan the perfect vacation....

Perhaps the NSA guys would send some muscle to slap some folks around on our behalf?

WDW1974

Original Poster
You could probably foot the bill for an actual round-trip journey to Pandora for the amount of money Disney's already spent on Next Gen...

Only if Brandon will take me and we can fly on one of those Pandora dragonthingees together, shirtless of course.

I hope someone Tweets this to him. Perhaps, I could give him a lesson on effective communication with adults.

HMF

In essence we've been under martial law since 9/11. How many people have died since then due to terrorism here? How many have died here in auto accidents since then? How about by gun violence?
and of course as far as the modern view of history You would think Terrorism did not exist prior to 9/11 and we declared war on it. All the Tim McVeigh's, Charles Manson's and Unabomber's who were out there before 9/11 were supposedly not actual terrorists by the modern Post-9/11 definition of "terrorist" that we are supposedly now in an everlasting war with. It's just crazy. You can't declare war on something that is not an actual concrete thing. Not that I am saying trying to prevent terrorism is bad, Its just are we willing to sacrifice sanity out of fear.

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

I've kinda sorta clicked around a little to see if anything big or interesting has come of D23 yet. Best I can gather the answer to that is a resounding "No". Seems to be much fluff with nothing much to see as of yet. Right?

Oh, except that <sarcasm> toooootally fascinating clip </sarcasm> of some schmuck showing all his completely amazing work creating an authentic Pandora knife. I watched that and thought, "Really???" You're paid for THAT?!"

WDW1974

Original Poster
I find myself sort of waiting to have that "Oh, we'll that's not so bad..." moment with NextGen.

It hasn't happened.

And what with Spirit's post and the FP+ news from earlier...it just keeps getting worse.:(

I'll have further comment when I'm more awake.
For now...just...ugh...

I post the majority of times when I'm actually sleeping. It improves the quality of my writing by 54 %...besides, I have no plush to clutch. I miss my Big Sugar D! (and his ...umm ...caretaker)

Figments Friend

I've kinda sorta clicked around a little to see if anything big or interesting has come of D23 yet. Best I can gather the answer to that is a resounding "No". Seems to be much fluff with nothing much to see as of yet. Right?

Check out the currant thread here titled 'Tony Baxter Interview at D23' and see plenty of non-fluff.

;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
They could make it easier on APs and give Pixie Dusters the opportunity to have a Mickey Mouse-shaped chip permanently implanted in their foreheads or palms. Each code could begin with "666." ;)

In all seriousness, however, I am surprised more leaks haven't come out, especially with the warehouse of IT nerds constantly trying to debug the code to make this all work.

I am open to exchanging anything for high quality information ...but only high quality!

sweetpee_1993

Tony Baxter is ALWAYS worth you time to listen to.
Watch that video....from yesterday's D23....and see what i am talking about.

His comments alone about the 'correct' and 'incorrect' ways to apply new tech gimmicks into the Disney Parks is absolutely spot on.

Yep. Just watched it. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. Spanked the entirety of NGE in such a nice way. Clear while still maintaining a high level of class. Very well said, Mr. Baxter.

WDW1974

Original Poster
No but Bet your that as soon as I can find a way to exploit it, I will.

First, I knew (like I have ESPN or something) that you were gonna be the next post after my totally unnmadeup post quoting Mrs. Lee and what you were going to say! Scary.

But as to the above, don't you believe that Disney has sorta fostered an environment where folks feel so gouged, so nickel and dimed that the human response is to try and get back at the Mouse somehow? Sure, there were scammers 30 years ago who would fake an injury, but the GAC abuse, the soda thievery, the avoiding parking, the shoplifting even ...do you see that as the natural result when a beloved company becomes an Evil Queen?

I don't see or hear of folks trying to pull the stuff at UNI or SW or BGT that always happens at WDW.

Is this chicken and egg? Or is this the result of when people feel they're getting taken and they want a little something back?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sounds to me like NGE/MM+ is the dumbest thing Disney has spent money on since Eisner bought GO.com to be hip during the tech stock bubble era

If memory serves me right, that was only one billion wasted ...there's no telling how many this is going to be.

Figments Friend

Yep. Just watched it. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. Spanked the entirety of NGE in such a nice way. Clear while still maintaining a high level of class. Very well said, Mr. Baxter.
Glad you were able to savor that.
A master at work.

Nice to learn he will be getting his well-deserved window on MSUSA at DL...but some folks saw this coming.
Regardless of the 'reasons' behind it happening, the man damn well deserves the honor.
It is good that he is getting to experience the honor while he is still around too, instead of Disney dragging their feet and said honoree passes on and misses it.

The fact that Tony is getting these two huge honors so soon after his retirement is great in that respect alone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom