Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv

Lola is my drag name. She is a showgirl ...or wAs 30 years Stonehenge used to have a snow,

thanks aut9 direct. That is supposed to read or was 30 years ago when they used to have A show, but now it's a disco, but not for Lola ...
I knew what it was supposed to be, Lola. :)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh hell yeah. It's still on the books. Should be cruise #8 for me but could end up being #9. Apparently I like sea salt mixed in with my pixie dust to snort. :cautious:

Trapped on a cruise ship with the Spirit (and a possible entourage of family, friends, one special friend and a special bear), you may be in for a treat 9or you may wish to jump overboard) for 16 blissful and spiritual days and nights and food ... All that glorious food. Morbid obesity isn't that bad, right? So many pixie duster do it.

sweetpee_1993

Trapped on a cruise ship with the Spirit (and a possible entourage of family, friends, one special friend and a special bear), you may be in for a treat 9or you may wish to jump overboard) for 16 blissful and spiritual days and nights and food ... All that glorious food. Morbid obesity isn't that bad, right? So many pixie duster do it.
No jumping overboard. When in doubt have another drink. It's all good. The more the merrier. ;)

Let's do brunch at Palo. It's my favorite for over-indulging.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I generally like data mining. It get me coupons for things I want coupons for. If I want something and look at it online, google ads will show up and I can then buy it clicking through here and then the site makes a few pennies.

Plus, they often recommend stuff, which I like a lot. Sometimes, they'll base it off a gift I bought for someone else and miss the mark, but other times I see it say, "Ooh! I want that!" Especially in iTunes! Yes! I want "Copacabana!" :D

There are upsides to data mining.

But...do you really want I Am Stuck on BandAids?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And, after reading, in particular the comments of @danlb_2000 and @flynnibus, I reviewed everything I'd already poured over. It has me wondering why everything is so bathed in manufacturer-like, profoundly depersonalized terminology. I first thought I was just technically challenged by an over-reliance on acronyms. Then, I checked this stuff another time.

Many of the acronyms are from the world of huge contractors and governmental agencies.

Not entertainment companies.

But, more importantly, there's a complete void of discussion on cost, impact, yield, return...There's just nothing discussing the financial realities of developing a program -- any kind of program. Instead, it's all about "engagement" ... "deploying" ... "employing" ...and maximizing "scale" ... "site"... the "unique environment" ... the "venue" ....

This is pretty typical of IT related marketing literature which is meant to be read by executives. I have read many marketing brochures from IT products that have contained tons of abbreviations and buzz word but when I get to the end I ask myself "What does this product actually do?".

djlaosc

These three "regular" SeaWorld shows are all great, but if you need to skip one to see other attractions, the one I'd drop would be Pets Ahoy. It's cute and done well, but it's not quite as unique to SeaWorld as most/all of the other shows are. And, while it's amusing, it's probably not as amusing as the mime that entertains the audience before the sea lion shows.
yelrotflmao.gif

And if your last visit to SeaWorld was in 2011, then Turtle Trek will be new to you as well. I thought it was OK, but not a must-see -- it's probably more appealing to children than to teens or adults. On the other hand, you do get to see manatees while waiting to enter the Turtle Trek theater, and who doesn't love manatees? They're like the pandas of the sea!

I think I ate at the Seafire Inn last time. I had the fish platter -- which is very appropriate, very ironic, or both!

Yeah, we have already seen Clyde/Seamore & Pets Ahoy in 2002, 2005, 2007 and 2011, and Blue Horizons in 2005, 2007 and 2011 (I think it was a different show in 2002) - will probably still end up at them again if we can fit them in.
And, yes, that mime is great!

Yes, TurtleTrek and Antarctica will both be new for us next year, and you always have to go see the Manatees!

I think we have eaten at SeaFire Inn every time we have been to SeaWorld!

lebeau

I think Yoda lied to him in RotJ. He was literally on his deathbed, and Luke wants him to go prancing through the forest doing more training? Eh, you're done, kid. Now leave me alone so I can de-materialize in peace.

It's true that he was moving rocks around and stuff, but what did his training truly accomplish in ESB? He got his hand chopped off and was left dangling from some kind of radio antenna three hundred trillion feet in the air. Against an opponent that wasn't trying to kill him. Vader's goals were to encase him in carbonite for the Emperor or to turn him to the Dark Side.

lol - I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's actually something that always bothered me. What do you mean he's done? Oh, you just don't want to do any more training montages in the final film. That would slow down the narrative. Gotcha.

If he wasn't done, was Luke ever really a Jedi? How did he complete his training? Did the true Jedi die out with Yoda. Maybe Yoda completed his training in spectral form. Ha, ha kid. No you still have a long way to go. I just needed to die first. Plus, me and Ben love pulling your chain. Remember when he told you Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your old man? We still laugh about that!

Luke's training basically allowed him to do some pretty cool flips and twirls during the fight scene. So we can thank Yoda for that I guess. But, as you pointed out, Vader's goals were to deliver Luke to the Emperor or turn him to the Dark Side. He accomplished neither. So perhaps the training was a success after all.

Of course, Yoda probably could have prepared Luke a lot more for the confrontation by telling him the truth. Probably would have been more helpful than levitating rocks while standing on his head. But then, Yoda never did seem to know what to tell people. He practically pushed Anakin to the Dark Side.

ParentsOf4

I was told that WDW deluxe resorts across the board are under 50% load levels this next week. Does anyone know where they would be sans free dining?
What's strange is the Poly is showing no availability from the evening of Sept 16 (Monday) until the morning of Sept 19 (Thursday).

Normally that's one of the slowest weeks of the year. Conversely, those are the most popular days of the week to conduct business. It makes me wonder if something's going on at the Poly beyond construction of the new DVC.

alphac2005

I'm so conflicted on the Snowden thing. I think he has elements of both hero and patriot if that makes any sense. I do know that, because of his revelations, people and organizations that want to do the US and our allies harm have changed the way they do business and that's never a good thing. His actions were not well thought out and he didn't reveal that much, which is why he had to stay at an airport for weeks before someone would agree to take him.

Just like you had posted earlier, if you read real news stories and investigations, not what constitutes "news" on television in America, there really isn't much of anything new that has been revealed here by Snowden that wasn't really out there before if you read in the right places.

SirLink

Only if Brandon will take me and we can fly on one of those Pandora dragonthingees together, shirtless of course.

I hope someone Tweets this to him. Perhaps, I could give him a lesson on effective communication with adults.

Oh you missed the time when he had snorted a little to much Pixie Dust and went on a twitter tirade about Lone Ranger.

SirLink

Nah...
Cars Land was cruising along fine until Star Wars elbowed its way to the front of the line. Now, as I hear it, Cars is cooling way off for now. Star Wars is nigh on unstoppable.

So much for fixing DHS then. Needs a hell lot more attractions than just two.

StarWarsGirl

In case you weren't aware, I am currently at WDW. I overheard a CM say that Tomorrowland is going to get some TLC next year, with Buzz going down for a bit. Given the CM was working at Buzz, I at least believe that Buzz will get a refurb next year. Not sure how true the rest of this is or if any insiders have heard anything.

Considering the cannon essentially gave me galactic hero the other night, I think it needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom