Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

HMF

It could well be folded in with the other three parks under Eric J.'s portfolio. I don't see them elevating anyone new up to that level.
It really is insane to have one guy with creative authority over 3 different parks.

DocMcHulk

Would you be at liberty to share the comment?
it wasnt anything profound. I actually dont really remember exactly what the Imagineer said. I ask what the person's next project was and they told me and said something along the lines of "I'm glad they have something else for me to do". Something like that. I might be mis-remembering the quite, but I do remember thinking the way it was phrased was odd. But now that I know that if you dont have a project you could be unemployed, it makes sense.

alphac2005

If you read the Eddie Sotto threads, he discusses how you basically have to keep busy to maintain a job at Walt Disney Imagineering. Without a project to actively work on, you become a target. Having a huge salary only makes you a bigger target.

What I'd like to know is what exactly entails a huge salary at WDI? Any thoughts, @WDW1974?

lazyboy97o

I bet Universal Creative would find something for someone with Joe Rohde's skill set do busy himself with.
I don't think so, unless they want to switch to more of a Walt Disney Imagineering model of handling work. They just don't keep many on staff. Rohde would probably find plenty of work if he started his own firm, unless he got locked into an exclusive consultancy with Walt Disney Imagineering.

Disneyhead'71

I don't think so, unless they want to switch to more of a Walt Disney Imagineering model of handling work. They just don't keep many on staff. Rohde would probably find plenty of work if he started his own firm, unless he got locked into an exclusive consultancy with Walt Disney Imagineering.
Well, Universal Creative are expanding their offices on Turkey Lake Rd. And while they don't keep many on staff, someone like Joe Rohde would be one of the small group of guys they may want in their stable.

Goofyernmost

Yep. I don't like that concept. It's Hollywood so let's make it movie land! Every ride will be based on a movie. No. That's too broad.
What should it be based on? I'm a little confused! Other than booze, drugs and beautiful people, what does Hollywood have to offer other than movies?

Captain Neo

It really is insane to have one guy with creative authority over 3 different parks.

It's even more insane that it isn't somebody with talent. Tony Baxter, Steve Kirk, Bruce Gordon, Tom Delaney were all shown the door, Joe Rhode and Bob Weiss are given minimal work but the talentless jacobsen gets 3 parks because he knows how to suck up to the boss and play politics. It's disgusting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom