Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

lazyboy97o

Odd considering the way Disney usually handles these things. BUT ...let us not forget how little regard Tony had for Bruce and Craig and they for him. And his relationship with John Lasseter had grown a bit frosty as well from what I've been told.

My gut strongly tells me that Tony wanted THESE guys go be around and have their positions when he was being honored and lapping up the fanboi love. Why wait 4-5-6 years to be honored when you are older and you can't enjoy the fact that so many have no choice but to be nice and say nice things to and about you?

Yep, that is it.
This is what I was thinking as well. By getting it now he ensures that he actually gets it. There is no trying to back peddle or new people coming in who don't care what deals were made.

The Empress Lilly

:p

According to Eddie (over in his thread), Tom Staggs told Tony during his talk at D23 that he's getting a Main Street Window.

Gee... the glacially slow wait times typical for the Legends Award and the MS Window have been considerably shortened for Mr. Baxter. Your reasoning is sound, Spirit. Looks like these were actually hammered out as part of his exit package.

Makes me wonder why Tony would negotiate to receive these so soon after leaving, instead of waiting until next year or the year after, giving him a handy excuse to return like the prodigal son.

It's not like Tony is 95 years old as John Hench was when he passed away. And I doubt Tony has any plans to leave Anaheim and put Baxter Manor on the market. He'll undoubtedly stick around for many years to come.

Just seems odd that he's getting these two honors so quickly when previous recipients had to wait for basically forever.
Odd? How's that? Isn't it common to bestow a Disney Legend award several decades after your last major work...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom