Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

disney fan 13

OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale.

What do you guys think of a where's Georgie K thread idea?

You have been "liked".

Next Big Thing

OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale.

What do you guys think of a where's Georgie K thread idea?
So I take it that it won't be a family coaster then as originally rumored?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I bet Universal Creative would find something for someone with Joe Rohde's skill set do busy himself with.

Guys like Tony and Joe would be huge commodities for UNI, even if just faces/spokesmen for the projects they are creating.

Taking some of Disney's big name 'talent' and turning it around on them ... well, that's how you play the game.

lazyboy97o

A hyper coaster? I love B&M hyper coasters, but that just sounds like a terrible fit for Jurassic Park and not something that will be appreciated over at Dr. Philips High School.

BryceM

Come on... They are building a C-Ticket, plus the fact that IOA will always be the "high tech thrill park" for Floridians, no need to shy away from it.
Sorry, but it would destroy the theming of Jurassic Park. Sure, it's a thrill ride, but it isn't want Islands of Adventure needs. I think they should start catering to more families than randomly placing a massive B&M hyper coaster in the middle of Jurassic Park, where it would stick out like a sore thumb.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's even more insane that it isn't somebody with talent. Tony Baxter, Steve Kirk, Bruce Gordon, Tom Delaney were all shown the door, Joe Rhode and Bob Weiss are given minimal work but the talentless jacobsen gets 3 parks because he knows how to suck up to the boss and play politics. It's disgusting.

I agree with the sentiment, but I wouldn't say Eric is talentless.

He has done some excellent work (most notably on ToT and as lead creative on BB).

But he is in over his head and WDI-FL is very weak underneath him these days.

When you look at all the talent that has left (and almost everyone you can think of was pushed out in that nice Disney corporate way where you aren't 'fired' even if you are) just since the late 90s,well ... it is staggering.

disney fan 13

Sorry, but it would destroy the theming of Jurassic Park. Sure, it's a thrill ride, but it isn't want Islands of Adventure needs. I think they should start catering to more families than randomly placing a massive B&M hyper coaster in the middle of Jurassic Park, where it would stick out like a sore thumb.

As I said on OU, It depends really on how well themed it is, if it's barebones then I would agree with you but if it's well themed then I will welcome it with open arms (And i'm sure it can't be big enough to become an eyesore.)

Genie of the Lamp

Yeah it would be nice if they built more family rides in IOA, but I think there trying to make it the "thrill ride" park for the O-Town area so all the teenieboppers and middle aged adults can ride their rollercoasters and what not while making Universal the more family oriented park. It would be nice though but that's the way I think they want to go. At least there will be the C-Ticket walkthrough though which is family oriented and yeah suprised to see they're going with the hypercoaster as well.

BryceM

As I said on OU, It depends really on how well themed it is, if it's barebones then I would agree with you but if it's well themed then I will welcome it with open arms (And i'm sure it can't be big enough to become an eyesore.)
Hyper coaster means roller coaster that is 200 ft. or taller. I don't see how they could theme something that huge. They could make a nice queue, station, and surrounding area, sure. But I think the coaster would be basically barebones theming. Not built into rock work or have show scenes like the rumored family coaster was supposed to have...

lazyboy97o

Hyper coasters tend to surpass 200' in height. From reading the book and watching the film, it just seems like an out-of-place addition.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I care about inner beauty. Is Tom Staggs inner-beautiful?
That is a good question. I don't profess to know the man, but he comes from the financial end of things ... and all the showing up with his boys at DLR and looking like they're having fun doesn't change that.

I can't talk about his inner beauty anymore than I can talk about finding good Chinese food in SoFl.

And why would anyone in a position like Staggs's allow himself to be photographed by a bespoke tailor without emphasizing that the photo isn't to be used for promotional purposes -- let alone put on a social media platform with hashtags like #powerfulmen, #swag, and #handsome?
laugh2.gif

That's why I said to take screenshots. That baby will be coming down at some point, especially as it spreads on the Twitverse. ... To be fair, I like to look good in Beverly Hills too. I just have never spent what Tom does to do so.

(I thought the Spirit's second home was Communist Red China...
drevil.gif
)

First, I own the Dr. Evil smiley here. It's just too tough with my moody computer and MAGIC's wonky software to try and import him (even after a friend showed me how!) ... and, no, my second home has always been SoCal. But after the USA, yes, I do love living in Godless, Commie, evil, pinko China! I really miss being there!:)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not sure why anyone would be surprised that there is a house cleaning going on at WDI.....they have really very little plans in the near future to expand.....dont need someone of Baxters talent to design wristbands.

Tony wouldn't be part of that.

I can't say it more clearly than what I have, but read his letter ... his first paragraph tells you all you need to know about Tony and NGE.

BTW, has Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary acknowledged that Tony 'resigned' yet? Or what are they puking forth in propaganda today?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom