Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Figments Friend

-

Barnibus telling off the folks who defaced his painting....

3e4faac9-69c9-41e7-aecd-d59a40596243_zps42aad126.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
But then how are they going to weed out the pedophiles? Social Networking makes these discussions so much more layered and complicated.

Despite media coverage over things like the Jerry Sandusky story, how prevalent do you really think pedophiles are? ... And that's not even a question worth asking, but I'll leave it since I'm multi-tasking here ... Companies could look at someone's FB and if they have pictures of children in bathing suits and the individual applying for work is single, immediately jump to a very damaging and false conclusion.

What FB/social networking allows is for companies to know more about people than even they realize (again, read the story I linked to if you haven't yet). They can tell whether you gay or straight, Republican or Democrat, black or white, Catholic or Muslim or Jew or athiest ... and all of that can be used against you without you even knowing.

Hell, they may see you put up lots of albums of vacations at WDW and decide not to hire you because you're someone who actually expects vacations and enjoys time away from work.

If someone ever asks you for access to your social profile, then you politely ask them why they would ever ask such an absurd question and an invasion of privacy that they have no right to ... oh, and then tell them to go (blank) themselves and walk out!

WDW1974

Original Poster
-
Yes, this is the point i was going to mention about the Holmes painting. It is indeed placed higher on a wall and the shop it is located in is a one-room unit. Several CMs are there at all times, so the chances of someone whipping out a marker and giving that painting a scribble are next to none. It is well protected so to speak.

Tony*s portrait on the other hand is located in a area that is not at all so well protected, with little CM presence. It is within easy reach of fidgety Guests waiting in a long line at BTMR.

The defacing of the painting is indeed sad, but i cannot help but wonder if the vandalisim will be used as the perfect excuse to remove the tribute all together.

I would find that to be even sadder....

I can only tell you that I am going to work to ENSURE that does NOT happen. Believe me, as soon as pics of it being defaced showed up I started wondering if that was the secret purpose to begin with.

Genie of the Lamp

Oh, before I forget.

Tony has been spotted at DL. A friend from the left coast says he's been to DL a few times recently and has been spotted around his last project.

No word on how many nervous Disney officials were watching over.

Yeah you're correct he was spotted at the opening of Fantasy Faire. Here's a pic of himself taken by LaughingPlace on March 12th at 12:19 PM;

Tony Baxter spotted at Fantasy Faire opening at Disneyland​

WDW1974

Original Poster
Can't they put it in that office area that is chained off?

They run the place. They can place it anywhere they want it to go. It really is just Theme Park 101 in the USA or Europe (Asians respect property) that you do NOT place things that can be damaged where guests can get to them.

It is astounding to me how ignorant the individual(s) was/were who placed this where they did.

WDW1974

Original Poster
But not as sad as it is to me that we expect and accept this of public crowds :(

We're so screwed..

Sadly, I sorta agree.

But we have to fight it. It can't be acceptable for crap like this to happen and for us to just accept it.

I admit I put pressure on someone to act on this and got results.

I get that people don't want to fight all the time, let alone when on a very pricey vacation, but it HAS come to that. Or else we all just accept that we'll be moving back toward becoming apes again.

WDW1974

Original Poster
With all the security cameras disney has, why aren't they pulling people out of line and kicking them out when they see them doing this stuff??

Most security cameras (Disney and elsewhere) are not being looked at most of the time. They're there to scare you into thinking you're being watched at all times.

And Disney is more worried about an ugly incident and them getting sued than they are having guests damage their property.

You should see some of their rooms (and especially DVC villas) AFTER some guests leave. Disney doesn't charge them. They just view it as a cost of doing business. I agree with that to a point. But only to a point. If someone's brat decides to take crayons and color all over the furniture and walls of a two-bedroom villa at BW (yes, I had one) then I think said parents are getting a large bill from a lawyer when they get home.

SirLink

Most security cameras (Disney and elsewhere) are not being looked at most of the time. They're there to scare you into thinking you're being watched at all times.

And Disney is more worried about an ugly incident and them getting sued than they are having guests damage their property.

You should see some of their rooms (and especially DVC villas) AFTER some guests leave. Disney doesn't charge them. They just view it as a cost of doing business. I agree with that to a point. But only to a point. If someone's brat decides to take crayons and color all over the furniture and walls of a two-bedroom villa at BW (yes, I had one) then I think said parents are getting a large bill from a lawyer when they get home.

That is why so much merch walks away out the doors, instead of Disney security kicking their off to a nice orange county jail...or so I'm told.

You would think they would ya know "Man Up"...especially when they have evidence to prove it!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

Check your email about that.

choco choco

Oh, before I forget.

Tony has been spotted at DL. A friend from the left coast says he's been to DL a few times recently and has been spotted around his last project.

No word on how many nervous Disney officials were watching over.

Why would they be worried? Do they think he's gonna start sermonizing against the company like an evangelical on a street corner? Take a matchstick and burn his life long love to the ground? Was there some sort of expectation that he couldn't step foot into Disneyland again?

Yensid1974

I agree @WDW1974, Disney does need to start taking destruction of property seriously. I know it would be expensive to have lawyers going after people from all over the world but the message that would be sent would help prevent more of the same in the future thus saving you the money in the long run. I know, Disney isn't very good at looking at the long run lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom