Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

WDW1974

Original Poster
Whats truly a shame was that this didn't happen to the painting of Phil Holmes ... just sayin'.

Well, that is in a shop with CMs at the watch and fairly high (certainly reachable by adults and some teens).

... also, not sure whether it is out or not, but the painting has been removed to be repaired and replaced. I want to thank the kind soul responsible. That was very quick of you and cool. ... Now, we have to make sure it is replaced and put out of reach of the pigs who would deface artwork/property that doesn't belong to them. I will be following this closely.

(Yes, I am taking credit for this, just in case I'm not clear ... or credit for making sure someone who could do something did act!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
My former director had some of us search Facebook for folks before their job interviews. I no longer work there and there is a new director, but I hear that practice still goes on.

Also, my child knows not to write on anything other than paper and she's only 4! Were these folks not taught this in pre-school?

I am in a unique situation in the business field I am in, but suffice to say I would NEVER advise anyone to take a job with any company that would demand an online rundown of someone's social networking.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Why is our society like this? Why is our society to the point where we have to deface anything within reach? (have you seen Belle's queue lately?) Why are we such disrespectful A-holes towards things that arent ours?

Honestly, I believe it's because we've devalued people so that no one gives a damn ... it's like Planet of the Apes in slowmo ... we're just devolving as a species. And it's worse here and faster because we were so much above the rest for so long and we no longer are.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Okay but things are physically broken, chipped, etc., in the Belle queue. I just dont get how guests are this damn disrespectful.

I don't understand how guests can come into the WL the week before X-mas, right after entirely brand new high-end furniture was put in, and get on a sofa and stick their filthy shoes on it. And when you give them a dirty look, they don't get it.

I don't understand how guests will let a kid take a crap or leak in a pool or attraction queue rather than make sure the kid gets to a restroom.

I don't understand how guests will attempt to have a picnic in the lobby of the GF.

I don't understand how guests who don't even need ECVs rent them and then smash into people and merchandise in shops trying to manuever them.

Should I go on?

dhall

Why is our society like this? Why is our society to the point where we have to deface anything within reach? (have you seen Belle's queue lately?) Why are we such disrespectful A-holes towards things that arent ours?

You know what I'm struck by? The two conversation threads going on side by side are like two sides of the same coin. Why do tourists feel the need to take liberties with everything they can touch? Why do companies feel the need to take liberties with what's left of our privacy?

In both cases, it's really about crossing lines that everyone knows should be there, but no one seems to care enough about to observe. What's just across the line is something that just _looks_ _too_ _tempting_

yeti

Well I'm glad this conversation is happening. I came back just over a week ago, and frankly...it seems clear that guests are only becoming more and more intolerable, and it doesn't help that Disney largely lets them get away with murder. I'll tell you this, and it doesn't have to do with defacing, but I didn't go on a single dark ride--over a week-- that wasn't ruined by morons and their flash pictures.Thanks for the flashing lights but no thanks j******...Little Mermaid isn't running on B-Mode just yet (cue cheap laugh). And the ECV's....man its not even a stereotype anymore. And the overall disregard for your kids while you're busy texting (hello, they're not fourteen yet). I'm really, really hoping the kinds you see at Disney World aren't a representative sample of the World's vacationeers...or mouseketeers for that matter...

PhotoDave219

I don't understand how guests can come into the WL the week before X-mas, right after entirely brand new high-end furniture was put in, and get on a sofa and stick their filthy shoes on it. And when you give them a dirty look, they don't get it.

I don't understand how guests will let a kid take a crap or leak in a pool or attraction queue rather than make sure the kid gets to a restroom.

I don't understand how guests will attempt to have a picnic in the lobby of the GF.

I don't understand how guests who don't even need ECVs, rent them and then smash into people and merchandise in shops trying to manuever them.

Should I go on?

We deserve a better caliber of guests. This crap doesnt happen at Tokyo. lol

Lee

Adventurer
... and how I really hope to be back there this fall! :)
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Rodan75

I am in a unique situation in the business field I am in, but suffice to say I would NEVER advise anyone to take a job with any company that would demand an online rundown of someone's social networking.
But then how are they going to weed out the pedophiles? Social Networking makes these discussions so much more layered and complicated.

Figments Friend

Really it should be out of reach/access of guests entirely. It's infuriating that stuff like this happens, but expecting the same kind of behavior from guests at an art gallery at WDW, is a bit short sighted.

I remember Holmes' picture being up on a mantle but don't remember how accessible it was. It being a small giftshop there is always going to be a CM near by, which (and I'm not sure where in the queue this is) may not be true at BTMRR.
-
Yes, this is the point i was going to mention about the Holmes painting. It is indeed placed higher on a wall and the shop it is located in is a one-room unit. Several CMs are there at all times, so the chances of someone whipping out a marker and giving that painting a scribble are next to none. It is well protected so to speak.

Tony*s portrait on the other hand is located in a area that is not at all so well protected, with little CM presence. It is within easy reach of fidgety Guests waiting in a long line at BTMR.

The defacing of the painting is indeed sad, but i cannot help but wonder if the vandalisim will be used as the perfect excuse to remove the tribute all together.

I would find that to be even sadder....

Figments Friend

... also, not sure whether it is out or not, but the painting has been removed to be repaired and replaced. I want to thank the kind soul responsible. That was very quick of you and cool. ... Now, we have to make sure it is replaced and put out of reach of the pigs who would deface artwork/property that doesn't belong to them. I will be following this closely.

Nice to see action was taken. I was interested in seeing how long it took for it to be spotted and removed.

Agree that it will need to return, perhaps in a different location within the queue. Let us hope it will be soon...and not permanently MIA.

Figments Friend

I'll be surprised if it returns to its former position. More likely they'll move it to a different area.

Yeah, that is my thinking. I think the defacing has alerted them that this is not a good location for something like this.

When the photos were first posted of the Barnibus painting finally installed in the queue i was surprised it was in the position it was in. I was assuming it would be in a more *presentation* type of setting...above a mantle, or the maybe within the *mining office*. When i saw it was just on the wall , it seemed like it was just beckoning for trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom