Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I don't see an issue with bringing over RSR due to Test Track being here already. To me, if they did an indoor version of RSR it would be more similar to TT than bringing over an exact replica of the Cali version. Cali version is mainly outdoors with a small portion of the ride indoors. TT is mainly indoors with a small outdoor portion. I think that face alone would differentiate the two rides enough.

Disneyhead'71

I'm hoping we don't get lesser RS. I am often amazed at how management interprets successful projects. Management thinks RSR is popular because it's "Cars". When really it's popular because it's jaw dropping impressive visually with an exciting ride stirred in. If what they build here isn't jaw dropping impressive it won't be as successful. But WDW's crowds and DHS' lack of attractions will probably mask that particular issue.

MonorailLover

What was the deal again, exactly? I never knew what it was. I just knew Marvel couldn't move in Disney.

Nothing Marvel (not sure if merchandise or excluded) can be inside the Walt Disney World Parks. If you think back a couple years, the Avengers monorail wasn't able to go on the EPCOT line because it does enter the park.

As I said, until The Hulk, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Spider-Man, Storm Force Acceleration, and all of the restaurants and gift stores change to something else, I don't think they'll change contract.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nothing Marvel (not sure if merchandise or excluded) can be inside the Walt Disney World Parks. If you think back a couple years, the Avengers monorail wasn't able to go on the EPCOT line because it does enter the park.

As I said, until The Hulk, Dr. Doom's Fear Fall, Spider-Man, Storm Force Acceleration, and all of the restaurants and gift stores change to something else, I don't think they'll change contract.

I know I will regret going down this road, but there are Marvel properties they could use like Big Hero Six and very likely Guardians of the Galaxy.

bethymouse

DHS will be a complete construction zone! Personally, I will not visit DHS until the construction is completed! At least when the New Fantasyland was being built, MK had rides. DHS will have RNRC, TOT, GMR ( if you call that a ride), and TSMM ( under construction), as well as Star Tours, but can you imagine the lines and such for those rides? Does DHS have enough to sustain itself through all of this construction with even more rumors about Carsland too! Sure. I want another coaster ( why Disney execs don't listen to fans in this way, I have no idea!). Star Wars Land and Toy Story "Land" ( or whatever it will be called) is going to take so much time- just like Avatarland/Pandora! No real time line for that opening either! "So little to do, and so much time. Strike that. Reverse it".:eek:

MonorailLover

It's not so much newer things as simply characters related to the characters already in use at Universal. Disney could put in a Howard the Duck ride in WDW if they wanted and he's been around for decades.
Yes, I just meant the more modern stuff that was made with Disney that aren't used at universal. But other IP's could be used, I guess.

Wishing Star

Some armchair imagineering, but I think that a Super Hero area with Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero Six, and the Incredibles would be a big hit.
yeah that would be pretty cool but I do wonder what about the future Marvel franchises like Doctor Strange, Black Panther, the Inhumans and Mrs Marvel or are all of these for Universal?I know that it could take years and years after those movies are even out and potential sequels before they even do it.But for now there is potential for a Superhero area with the 3 you mentioned.:)

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DHS will be a complete construction zone! Personally, I will not visit DHS until the construction is completed! At least when the New Fantasyland was being built, MK had rides. DHS will have RNRC, TOT, GMR ( if you call that a ride), and TSMM ( under construction), as well as Star Tours, but can you imagine the lines and such for those rides? Does DHS have enough to sustain itself through all of this construction with even more rumors about Carsland too! Sure. I want another coaster ( why Disney execs don't listen to fans in this way, I have no idea!). Star Wars Land and Toy Story "Land" ( or whatever it will be called) is going to take so much time- just like Avatarland/Pandora! No real time line for that opening either! "So little to do, and so much time. Strike that. Reverse it".:eek:

It really depends on how they do things. It's quite possible the TSL could be build without closing anything else, except for a short closure of TSMM to switch it's queue around. If they can get that done before they close anything for SWL, it will give people something new until SWL get's completed.

doctornick

It really depends on how they do things. It's quite possible the TSL could be build without closing anything else, except for a short closure of TSMM to switch it's queue around. If they can get that done before they close anything for SWL, it will give people something new until SWL get's completed.

Exactly. That's why I think TSL was announced -- because it will be on a quick (for Disney) timetable to open up and increase ride capacity at the park which desperately needs it. I know there is a 2018 date floating around -- don't know where that started from, but I'd be quite surprised if TSL isn't open by the end of 2017. To be honest, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it opens by the end of 2016; nothing about the land seems overly complex to build and the rides can be built off site and relatively quickly installed.

Once TSL is open, then we'd probably see LMA and the Indy stunt show closed to prepare those spaces for other attractions.

DocMcHulk

So, is TSMM's entrance being flipped to be in the new Toy Story land?

chiefs11

Once TSL is open, then we'd probably see LMA and the Indy stunt show closed to prepare those spaces for other attractions.
I think LMA would have to close when construction on TSL starts, not when it opens. Unless the LMA drivers don't really need that big practice area. I guess they could just practice in the show's arena, though if they could, then why did they need this area in the first place?

Herbie

I like the idea of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land... but they really are pigeon-holding themselves by sticking to one brand, not to mention I have a feeling it's going to look somewhat cheap and disjointed..

Wherever the location, I would've like to have seen:

* Indiana Jones Adventure
* Roger Rabbit attraction
* New Broadway shows, i.e. Aladdin
* Tron Lightcycles Power Run
* Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Sunken Treasure (if not, Treasure Island, the first live-action Disney film, would be a great re-theme)
* Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue
* Ratatouille Kitchen Calamity
* Radiator Springs Racers (OR a re-themed version with Herbie the Love Bug)
* 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Tokyo version)
* Updated Muppet*Vision
* Mama Melrose's converted into Martinelli's a la The Parent Trap
* One Man's Dream converted into a mini Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives (featuring props from the Backlot Tour such as the HISTK shrink ray)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think LMA would have to close when construction on TSL starts, not when it opens. Unless the LMA drivers don't really need that big practice area. I guess they could just practice in the show's arena, though if they could, then why did they need this area in the first place?

This is a question I have been wondering about also. I am wondering if anyone know for sure if the practice are is necessary for the operation of LMA long term. If you go back through some of the satellite images on Google Earth you can see that the practice area is often used as a parking lot, so it's clearly not something they use every day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom