SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

Bolna

Too cheap to write the check. Why else?:shrug:

:hammer: Somehow I don't get what these people are thinking...

But the park that is totally broke did decide to write the check... I am quite pleased with that as I am going to be there in May!! :sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
I am quite pleased with that as I am going to be there in May!! :sohappy:
Sure. Join the "I'm going to DLP to see Dreams this year and Lee isn't!" club.
A club who's membership is growing annoyingly large, it seems.:brick:

disnyfan89

Lee said:

I can't wait for the day Phil Holmes no longer has his icy cold, never changing, grip on the Magic Kingdom and it can actually grow and develop and maybe mature into a well round park like Disneyland, unlike the child/little princess fest it has slowly declined into.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I can't wait for the day Phil Holmes no longer has his icy cold, never changing, grip on the Magic Kingdom and it can actually grow and develop and maybe mature into a well round park like Disneyland, unlike the child/little princess fest it has slowly declined into.

Don't hold your breath :fork:

wickedfan07

Too cheap to write the check. Why else?:shrug:

If it is Holmes decision whether or not to spend money he must already have in his budget (or else it wouldn't be his decision to make). What else is he planning on using that money for? Maybe I'm not clear on how each park \gets money and is allowed to spend it. If he's already got the money, I don't understand why he's not spending it. I guess it all comes out in the bottom line of somebody's spreadsheet in an office somewhere. But so would increased guest spending on all kinds of new, glowing, MK/show-specific merchandise and food that could be sold on Main Street every night.

marni1971 said:
It doesn't. Theyre just initials of some of the title. That's all I can talk about. Rest assured it was a new show for the park, one that would replace Wishes. As 74 said most of the infrastructure planned for Orlando will be seen in use in Paris in 19 days.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm sure SkyDance, if it ever existed, has been dead in the water for a while now, too. I love Reflections of Earth is probably my all-time favorite Disney experience, but it would be nice to see some new developments on the WS Lagoon, too.

etwtec

It doesn't. Theyre just initials of some of the title. That's all I can talk about. Rest assured it was a new show for the park, one that would replace Wishes. As 74 said most of the infrastructure planned for Orlando will be seen in use in Paris in 19 days.

Hopefully the plans for MK were just put on hold rather than canceled indefinitely? Especially if the show goes over well at DLP.

menamechris

I think TDO passes on projects out of laziness as much as not wanting to spend money. Management seems to like "just add water" projects coming in. Basically, the executives in CA develop and do the legwork for a project - and then inform TDO that they WILL be doing it. Anything that takes the least bit of initiative or work outside of their everyday job descriptions never seem to make it off the ground. Oh, except Next Gen and DVC. So, I guess that's what all their meeting time goes into. I mean - how many hours are there in a day anyways? We can't really expect them to worry about other park-enhancing/attraction/entertainment projects when their heads are completely wrapped around those 2 divisions....

TalkingHead

I think TDO passes on projects out of laziness as much as not wanting to spend money. Management seems to like "just add water" projects coming in. Basically, the executives in CA develop and do the legwork for a project - and then inform TDO that they WILL be doing it.

Obviously their reluctance to spend has a lot to do with it.

But I wonder if they are a bit gunshy, given how many of the "exclusive," WDW-only attractions over the past 15 years have been clouded with turmoil and technical problems.

The delayed Test Track opening, the Yeti fiasco at Everest, the bad PR with Mission: Space...

Might be one of the reasons they play it safe? Not that it excuses their lack of risk-taking...

MerlinTheGoat

I thank you. For that I'll also be doing a multi angle HD edit of Fantillusion too.

And the 20th parade.
And Phantom Manor.
And BTM.
And PotC.
And the dark rides...

I love you man! Haven't been to DLP since the mid 90's, and probably will never have the opportunity to go back again either (unless something magical and miraculous happens). I have to be satisfied with refreshing my memories with videos, i wish you luck with the recording process (those rides ARE very dark and i've really yet to find a truly satisfactory quality video of them so far). :sohappy:

WDW1974

Sure. Join the "I'm going to DLP to see Dreams this year and Lee isn't!" club.
A club who's membership is growing annoyingly large, it seems.:brick:

Awe ... too bad ... pooooooor Lee.:wave:

Do you want to join me?

~There's always ... Dollywood!~

WDW1974

Realize that it wasn't all Phil ... it started when Greg Emmer was replaced by Erin Wallace ... and it's been all downhill from there.

Phil has got to be approaching retirement age anyway ...

~At Disney, if you're over 50, you're OLD!~

WDW1974

Obviously their reluctance to spend has a lot to do with it.

But I wonder if they are a bit gunshy, given how many of the "exclusive," WDW-only attractions over the past 15 years have been clouded with turmoil and technical problems.

The delayed Test Track opening, the Yeti fiasco at Everest, the bad PR with Mission: Space...

Might be one of the reasons they play it safe? Not that it excuses their lack of risk-taking...

Interesting 'excuse' ... but I think all of the above just plays into the general incompetence of WDW's 'leadership team' ... they don't understand their history, their fans, their product etc.

~Hey, let's spend $5 million on a stage for T-land with no shade and seating and demolish a real theater and turn it into a parking lot!~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom