SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

etwtec

Spring according to their announcement. But I understand that the auditions just wrapped up a couple weeks ago - so I suppose it is possible it may be more like summer. Disney has the Spetro floats out - and can be run on the shortest of notice, however. I am not betting on a "farewell" period for MSEP....

Well I hope we at least get a days notice to head over to see the last showing of MSEP and the first showing of Spectro... Do you think we may not even get that?
Does seem a bit unlikely that we would not hear something ahead of time as rehearsals will have to take place first.

AylaRanzz

I personally love Electric Light Parade, but then again I've never seen Spectro. I saw the Electric Light Parade in 1989 when I was 5 and loved it and was ecstatic when I found out it was coming back for the summer of 2010 when I went last. When we went in 2005, we spent more time on the rides at night instead of waiting for the parade. So, I personally would love it if the Electric Light Parade was still there when I go next year.

menamechris

Well I hope we at least get a days notice to head over to see the last showing of MSEP and the first showing of Spectro... Do you think we may not even get that?
Does seem a bit unlikely that we would not hear something ahead of time as rehearsals will have to take place first.

There probably will only need to be a couple rehersals for it, but ya, I am sure we will know when they do happen. As far as how Disney announces the return of Spectro - I have no idea how they will handle that. That's marketing, and the only people I know connected to this are in entertainment... Disney may be trying to figure it out themselves - considering they had been planning on riding the MSEP for much longer than this.

etwtec

There probably will only need to be a couple rehersals for it, but ya, I am sure we will know when they do happen. As far as how Disney announces the return of Spectro - I have no idea how they will handle that. That's marketing, and the only people I know connected to this are in entertainment... Disney may be trying to figure it out themselves - considering they had been planning on riding the MSEP for much longer than this.

Well the rumor going around on the west coast apparently is MSEP returning to Main Street at DL this summer... If that were to be true, WDW will need time to ship the floats back, then DL may need/want to do a refurb. So I am kind of thinking April? First of May at the latest.

WDW1974

Well the rumor going around on the west coast apparently is MSEP returning to Main Street at DL this summer... If that were to be true, WDW will need time to ship the floats back, then DL may need/want to do a refurb. So I am kind of thinking April? First of May at the latest.

That's interesting because I've heard that DL absolutely doesn't want the parade back. Like ever.

And if they did, then plans would have to be in place already for BOTH parks.

~New MK Night Parade: Coming in 2023!~

CaptainJackNO

I miss Spectro. While I enjoy the nostalgia of my childhood provided by the MSEP, it pales in comparison to the emotional draw of Spectromagic.

NoChesterHester

Well what kind Of logistics?

Just saying; it is March. No announcement made.

Preparations for protection and shipping. Time to receive, repair, and prep show including staffing and rehersals before launch.

Spectro would need to be fully inspected and repaired. Same issues of prep and rehersal prior to just rolling out the door.

If it were to launch this June, they don't have much time...

spectrodanny

it would most likely run as as DEP rather than MSEP. word i got from a CM last October was they have no interest in calling it the MSEP even if it DOES come down MS again. I SURE hope the CM was wrong. it should only ne called DEP forsituations like the one it had from '01-'10 where it wasn't on MS

RSoxNo1

It isn't as simple as boxing it up and shipping it across the country. Big logistics involved.

Right, they have to stage a parade route across the country and they can only travel between 9 and 11 PM at 2 miles per hour - it's really slow going, especially on local roads.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Surely it doesn't matter if or when the DEP heads west? It can be stored indefinitely in Orlando and Spectro can run when they like.

Announcements don't mean a thing. Any PR spin can be released with a few weeks notice should they want a glowing away (again) party. I dare say they are waiting for how intense the evening competition is from Uni. Holmes has killed the Wishes replacement (lets just call it SD) so could lean to Spectro to try to freshen this years MK evening roster.

Spectro has had maintainence and electrical work done recently. I don't know why exactly, so don't jump to conclusions. But it's return sooner rather than later seems inevitable.

rodserling27

Just saying; it is March. No announcement made.

Preparations for protection and shipping. Time to receive, repair, and prep show including staffing and rehersals before launch.

Spectro would need to be fully inspected and repaired. Same issues of prep and rehersal prior to just rolling out the door.

If it were to launch this June, they don't have much time...
THese are all valid points, the more time we go without any announcement, the less likely Disney is to Run Spectro this summer. That's why I'm betting on a late 2012 or Summer 2013 return when Fantasyland is finished. It just makes sense; revamped Spectro to bring in the new era of Fantasyland.
Surely it doesn't matter if or when the DEP heads west? It can be stored indefinitely in Orlando and Spectro can run when they like.

Announcements don't mean a thing. Any PR spin can be released with a few weeks notice should they want a glowing away (again) party. I dare say they are waiting for how intense the evening competition is from Uni. Holmes has killed the Wishes replacement (lets just call it SD) so could lean to Spectro to try to freshen this years MK evening roster.

Spectro has had maintainence and electrical work done recently. I don't know why exactly, so don't jump to conclusions. But it's return sooner rather than later seems inevitable.
You've got a point about PR spin and whatnot. Interesting that there were plans to replace wishes for the summer. I still don't think a return of SpectroMagic would "compete" properly with Uni's parade. Nor do I think MSEP is a viable option to compete with Uni's new parade. But then again, do they really need to compete in a traditional sense?1 Will Universals New parade really be so fantastic that people leave WDW to go watch it? I dare say not. MSEP is good enough, as are Wishes, Reflections of Earth, and Fantasmic. They all blow away the competition in my mind.
But if you want to talk about "Competing" in terms of getting people to LEAVE universal to come to disney...well...the only real thing that would help would be a brand-new, incredible night parade, and we all know that's not going to happen.

wickedfan07

Does "SD" stand for the ever mysterious Sky Dance project everyone thought was replacing Reflections of Earth? (Here I go resurrecting old rumors...) :)

It would be nice to get a chance to see the MSEP since I've never seen it. However, I don't have any plans to visit WDW anytime soon, so I can't even say how long I'd like it to hold on in Florida. I enjoy spectroMagic and wouldn't mind if it returned to the schedule in the near future. I'll just hope DL gets the MSEP back at some point this year and decides to run it over the hholidays when I might be there for the first time!).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does "SD" stand for the ever mysterious Sky Dance project everyone thought was replacing Reflections of Earth?
It doesn't. Theyre just initials of some of the title. That's all I can talk about. Rest assured it was a new show for the park, one that would replace Wishes. As 74 said most of the infrastructure planned for Orlando will be seen in use in Paris in 19 days.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
It doesn't. Theyre just initials of some of the title. That's all I can talk about. Rest assured it was a new show for the park, one that would replace Wishes. As 74 said most of the infrastructure planned for Orlando will be seen in use in Paris in 19 days.

Dreams was planned for MK????

How could they not follow this through!!!! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom