SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

MaryJaneP

There's a very simple solution to this as I am a man who likes both of these parades.
Why don't they make The Electrical Parade strictly a summer event and have Spectromagic for the rest of the year?

Kinda this. Run MSEP every Feb 29th, Spectro all other dates. Something for everyone.

Disneyboy17

No, not TDO. You mean "Entertainment".

Seriously, TDO does not have control over EVERYTHING!

So your saying this Entertainments fault? I think not this is TDO at it's finest! I talked to Allan Bruun at a press event last may an he also agreed how upset he was at the state of the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade!__

WDW1974

Hopefully ... never.

Realistically, 2013 as part of a new entertainment campaign with new daytime parade to celebrat the Fantasyland project.

But if the on life support MSEP can't keep being towed down the parade route, it could come as soon as this fall or winter!

etwtec

Hopefully ... never.

Realistically, 2013 as part of a new entertainment campaign with new daytime parade to celebrat the Fantasyland project.

But if the on life support MSEP can't keep being towed down the parade route, it could come as soon as this fall or winter!

So now its back to 2013 for the new parade? lol

You have to remember that each park has an entertainment budget to do with as they wish. The Magic Kingdom just isn't given a big enough entertainment budget to go to Creative Entertainment and say "make us a new parade". And that's TDO's fault. So instead they do what they can with the money they have...and you end with with cheap looking messes like 'Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun' at DHS.

From my understanding (these are all based on rumors from ent cm's), the Magic Kingdom is set to get an all-new daytime parade in 2013. Where is the money for this coming from? Well, it was included as part of the marketing for the Fantasyland Expansion. So that expansion will be funding this new parade.

In regards to Spectromagic, it has been getting some TLC. The latest rumor is that WDW will bring it back to try and "compete" (and I use that term loosely) with Universal's new upcoming entertainment offerings.

Originally, when looking to make over the 'Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade' again, each and every float was to be re-done in the 'Celebrate Today' theme, just like the first Mickey and Minnie float. Of course, it was cut. So only the first float was re-done. The original idea was to make it more like a Tokyo production, where characters stay on the floats and each float (or unit) has several dancers with unique choreography. Due to guest complaints, the dancers were dwindled down and characters were added to the street. To save money they cut the Villain float (face characters get paid more). So it was a good idea that went bad. But they really were trying to do the best they could with the money they were given.

fireworkz

I'll toss this idea out there - for the interm why not get a sort of 'new' daytime parade that can also run nights while they work on a new night parade?

Saw Mickey's Soundsational at DL last month after daylight. It's a great parade, get's you hopping. The bit of lighting effects they added to run it after dark actually makes it look pretty decent at night. Add a clone or near clone of that by new FL's opening and run it daytime, and again at night. This would buy them some time and savings which they can invest in an amazing new night parade which hopefully would surpass everything that came before.

I'm a fan of both MSEP and Spectro, but sorry guys their day should be done. The tech is too old, the floats are too old. Homeowners nowadays can do better with retail package lights on their home Christmas displays! Actually there's an idea, move both of them to DHS and run them or let them sit lit, but static as part of the Osborne display. :)

menamechris

Is their parade set for the summer???

Spring according to their announcement. But I understand that the auditions just wrapped up a couple weeks ago - so I suppose it is possible it may be more like summer. Disney has the Spetro floats out - and can be run on the shortest of notice, however. I am not betting on a "farewell" period for MSEP....

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Spring according to their announcement. But I understand that the auditions just wrapped up a couple weeks ago - so I suppose it is possible it may be more like summer. Disney has the Spetro floats out - and can be run on the shortest of notice, however. I am not betting on a "farewell" period for MSEP....

Not worried about any farewell period :lol:

I just want Spectro back for my trip in August :sohappy:

rodserling27

That would be a huge mistake on WDW's part. I bet end of 2012 or 2013 at the earliest for a Spectro return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom