SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

rodserling27

I've yet to see it (since it's been back from SoCal) when it didn't have floats missing, dark or towed ... lights out on floats and/or performers/characters missing.

I've sort of given up on it ... I didn't attempt to view it in three MK nights two weeks ago and only caught glimpses as I sat near Aladdin's Spinner of Fanboi Derision while I enjoyed a free citrus swirl with friends, so don't know if it was OK that night.

But it's just time to retire it. If it were 1972 the Miami Dolphins would be undefeated and playing at the Orange Bowl ... where a MLB opener is being held in a domed stadium in less than 24 hours.

Times have changed.

TDR EP Dreamlights is everything MK needs so badly ... and even though it's only a little over a decade old, it just had its THIRD major rehab where old floats were replaced with new ones.

You'd think they could stop the old parade swaperoo at WDW by now.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

Thanks for the clarification, Spirit! Good observation that there are often floats missing...I hadn't even thought about that. Of the many, many times I've seen it since it's been back..it's been missing the green inchworm almost every time. It was missing Elliot a few times too...interesting.
I agree with you (as I often do) that something along the lines of TDEP Dreamlights would be cool for MK. While I love me some MSEP, and I think it's great to bring it back every so often...something more mind-blowing and fun than it or Spectromagic needs to take up permanent residence at MK. Note i said "Fun" as well..."fun" is something that SpectroMagic severely lacks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but what are you hearing?

I keep hearing two things:

1.) DLR has no desire to have the MSEP back and;
2.) Spectro will likely return in spiffed up fashion to coincide with the new daytime parade and the 'official' opening of 'New' Fantasyland in Fall 2013.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

Was being considered as a summer tool to fight Unis night Offerings if needs be and work was being done to the floats the past few months.

spectrodanny

In all the video's i've watched of the parade during the holidays i never noticed (until now) that in order to fit under the garlands on Main St , that they had too take the top tower of the clock off.

jrh1985

USFs new night show is getting a lot of publicity...

Just sayin'...

Where have you seen it? It wasn't on WESH 2 yesterday or today. I have been seeing a lot of new fantasyland and The new hotel in the press, even here in WI. I saw one of the testing shows on YT, and it didn't thrill me. The pyro looks like It's far away from guests. I would/wil be shocked if MSEP/Wishes/ROE and F! Starts to lose guests to UO.

TarzanRocked99-

I saw it on Sunday night after watching it the week before on YT, I was definitely pleasantly suprised. The show is very good in person, its on a very large scale so you definitley need to be there in person to take it all in. I think they finally have a hit on their hands entertainment wise.

GLaDOS

I saw it on Sunday night after watching it the week before on YT, I was definitely pleasantly suprised. The show is very good in person, its on a very large scale so you definitley need to be there in person to take it all in. I think they finally have a hit on their hands entertainment wise.

"I didn't like it on youtube" is such a sad and common response to thing these days.

Please people, do as the quoted poster did, see something in person before passing judgement.

Ohboy!

The MSEP/Spectro debate splits fans right down the middle...they're both there...operating cost shouldn't be an issue...why cant they do both (alternate nights) and make everyone happy?

GLaDOS

The MSEP/Spectro debate splits fans right down the middle...they're both there...operating cost shouldn't be an issue...why cant they do both (alternate nights) and make everyone happy?

Or move one to another park.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

In a perfect world..... :brick:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Heck of an idea, that. Or put one at DHS. Or if Disney wants to give people a reason to come to DtD, run one of 'em there.

jrh1985

"I didn't like it on youtube" is such a sad and common response to thing these days.

Please people, do as the quoted poster did, see something in person before passing judgement.

Little hard when you're in Wisconsin. If you live in Orlando and have AP's to to everything, then I agree with you.

etwtec

Well if what I have been seeing continues to happen we may be seeing Spectro sooner rather than later. Usually there is NObody along the parade route for the second performance, especially in frontierland. Although I guess this was the case with Spectro to...

Sure would make sense though for them to run MSEP at 9 and Spectro at 11. That would give guests a reason to stick around longer, spend more on merchandise, food, etc. And also lighten up the crazy rush to exit the park after Wishes.

But I guess most likely WDW will want to wait for the new daytime parade before returning Spectro. That way they can do a big entertainment promotion. Loong overdue IMO lol.
BTW do we even know if this new daytime parade will be happening? Is it just a light rumor? or more confirmed? And is Fall of 2013 the earliest we will see it?

candydog

Right...which is why you can't pass judgement.:wave:

I generally find the "you can't judge something from youtube" attitude rather maddening. You can see the parades in hundreds of different videos of varying quality, from the hazy cell phone clips to the almost professionally shot HD videos by devoted fans who make it their business to document the entertainment history of the parks.

Ok, so you can't high five Mickey or "feel the atmosphere" any more than you can get shoved by the crowds or smell the BO of the tourist next to you, but do you know what? You can see the parade. You can hear the music. From the videos, believe it or not, you get a pretty good idea of what the parade is like.

I've seen spectromagic in person, years ago, but I probably remember it better from youtube clips I've seen in recent years than I do from my own first-hand experience. I've seen it both live and online and to be honest, the online version gives a pretty darn good representation of what you see in the parks.

It's not a ride, or a meet n greet, it's a parade. You watch it. Whether it's online or on Main Street, it looks pretty much the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom