Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve not peeked at this thread so far. I`ll be there in spirit (and Epcotrob will be my eyes and ears!)

I don`t think we can manage to come for this - since we are planning on coming over again in the summer :wave:

Until then, I`ll get my fix of the web, and from all you with those fangled image and audio recording devices. Have a great time - when she finally reopens! :wave:

jedimaster1227

Well, we can always come up with some silly reason to have a meet in the summer, too....;)

Don't forget us... As I promised at the end of Celebration 25, we were taking alot of various scenarios into consideration. Jason, John and I are hard at work on another idea of ours that will really bring the community together more often... That's all I can say right now, but as I have said before, Celebration 25 was only the beginning... :animwink:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Don't forget us... As I promised at the end of Celebration 25, we were taking alot of various scenarios into consideration. Jason, John and I are hard at work on another idea of ours that will really bring the community together more often... That's all I can say right now, but as I have said before, Celebration 25 was only the beginning... :animwink:

Hi and welcome back! Of course any excuse to go to the parks is perfect. And I sure look forward to another big meet like Celebration 25 - I would love to see that happen as an annual meet. I also would love some small group get-togethers. But then the more we get to know everyone in person the smaller the groups will seem.

Well, when you know what you are going to do, let us know so we can plan to be there. If you are not having to make the date around the opening of a delayed attraction, then life should be much less stressful! :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I would also love to go! Count me in with 2 other guests for the dinner as well. :]

I added you to the list! YAY! There is a trivia contest at lunch - if you would like to suggest a trivia question please PM me the question and correct answer.

Me and dbogue will be on our CP during that time, so go ahead and add us to the list. Not too sure about the dinner yet, though.

I added you to the list also -(YAY!)- and same as above for the trivia contest...

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I added you to the list! YAY! There is a trivia contest at lunch - if you would like to suggest a trivia question please PM me the question and correct answer.

I added you to the list also -(YAY!)- and same as above for the trivia contest...

Yup, I have them on my updated list which the latest version of is on page 19. I only move it every couple of pages.

I'm on my way to LA in the morning, but I'm bringing my laptop, so I'll still check in every day at some point, just won't have as much time to spend.

See ya real soon :D :wave:

jedimaster1227

Hi and welcome back! Of course any excuse to go to the parks is perfect. And I sure look forward to another big meet like Celebration 25 - I would love to see that happen as an annual meet. I also would love some small group get-togethers. But then the more we get to know everyone in person the smaller the groups will seem.

Well, when you know what you are going to do, let us know so we can plan to be there. If you are not having to make the date around the opening of a delayed attraction, then life should be much less stressful! :lol:

Thanks! :wave: Well... To start, John and I are doing another American Adventure Meet (no rescheduling this time) at Mousefest this year (on the Epcot Saturday) at 6:00 p.m. for those of you who can make it. John, Jason and I are already hard at work on that *other* grand project. I like to think of it as a tree that has the potential to branch off quite well... :animwink:

As for my attendance to the re-opening meet, since this is a weekday (and I've missed nearly 8 days of school so far this school year), I won't be able to come (if at all) until after school is over. I'll see what I can pull off, but unfortunately skipping school for Disney was an exception reserved solely for Celebration 25 (and in my parents' eyes, any future Disney events I help to plan)... I will probably know more after Mousefest is over, but I'm looking forward to seeing you all again (and meeting some of you I didn't get to meet before)!

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
As for my attendance to the re-opening meet, since this is a weekday (and I've missed nearly 8 days of school so far this school year), I won't be able to come (if at all) until after school is over. I'll see what I can pull off, but unfortunately skipping school for Disney was an exception reserved solely for Celebration 25 (and in my parents' eyes, any future Disney events I help to plan)

No comment. I dropped out of high school in 1990. :eek: Best thing I ever did.....

I saw that you had something planned on the MouseFest schedule...but I have an AK trip planned with a friend on 12/8 so that is scratched! :( Well, still looking forward to other things you have planned, and everything else in between! :D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Thanks for the bump! I literally just got back from a week in California and was going looking for this thread, I had internet out there for awhile, but not the whole trip, so I lost track of it. So now I'm officially bored and it's time to kick the planning up another notch :sohappy:

Well, after I get some sleep that is :snore:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Well guys, I have continued to tweak the schedule to try and keep everything in it that people have asked for. It's a really full schedule, but most people want a full day I think, so I'm working with that and trying to get it all in. I'm open to suggestions as far as possibly skipping something to allow more time, or whatever comments you might have.

Due to the fact that we still don't know the actual opening day for sure. I figure it's best to post a schedule now so that if SSE opens early we can all print or write a copy of the schedule and follow it on short notice if necessary.

Oh, and Horizons78, if you want to decide what to do about your t-shirts and such in case we have a last minute, unexpected opening, feel free to let us know what you have planned.

So here is the latest draft. Comments are welcome, especially in regards to whether or not there is enough time to wait in the stand-by line and ride Mission Space and do the post ride games in this version of the schedule. I'm basing this on a wait time of maybe 20 - 30 mins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

9am to 12pm:
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

12pm: Group Photo, Fountain of Nations stage side

followed by:
Lunch at Electric Umbrella
&
**Trivia contest with top prize for the most correct answers**

followed by (time permitting):
Beverly Challenge and/or IceCream for dessert!
(Basically hang out in that area together)

2:30pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

3:30 - 5pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who gets the top score at Mission Controlling

5:15pm:
Check in at Biergarten for 5:30 Dinner
(alternate location TBD if needed due to date change)

7:15pm:
More Spaceship Earth!

9pm:
Illuminations
(viewing site TBD)
(9:30pm if Dec.)

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Well guys, I have continued to tweak the schedule to try and keep everything in it that people have asked for. It's a really full schedule, but most people want a full day I think, so I'm working with that and trying to get it all in. I'm open to suggestions as far as possibly skipping something to allow more time, or whatever comments you might have.

I really like the schedule & I think we are all going to have fun together!

SweetMagic04 said:
Due to the fact that we still don't know the actual opening day for sure. I figure it's best to post a schedule now so that if SSE opens early we can all print or write a copy of the schedule and follow it on short notice if necessary.

I even heard from a CM on 11/17 who was standing in front of SSE that it may open in December! :eek:

SweetMagic04 said:
Oh, and Horizons78, if you want to decide what to do about your t-shirts and such in case we have a last minute, unexpected opening, feel free to let us know what you have planned.

Yes, I haven't ordered my t-shirt yet - anyone else ordered? Also Horizons78 how do you feel about the logo being used on the back of the trivia cards? I was wondering if you had given it some thought. We also will need someone to read off the trivia questions - any volunteers? Needs to be a strong voice that will carry. And that person won't be able to participate in the trivia..!

Also we still need trivia question donations!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Adding a couple of people to dinner at the Biergarten:

"Tomorrow's Child '08: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. BSikor - 1
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 4
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 - 3
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
14. jedimaster1227 -
15. DMC-12 - 2
16. MontyMon - Disney should have listened to Monty :hammer:
17. sillyspook13 - 2
18. Figment571 - 6
19. chels26 - 3
20. LeeLee D -
21. PirateJessica20 - 3
22. Epcotrob - 1
23. ChrisFL - 1
24. Master Yoda -
25. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
26. danesporty -
27. t3techcom18 -
28. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
29. HauntedPirate -
30. haveyoumetmark - 2
31. Figment1986 -
32. convrsboy -
33. Lee -
34. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
35. Boray - 11/26-11/30
36. Jekyll Baker -
37. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12
38. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 2
39. MagliteL13 -
40. Eyorefan - Feb 2-9
41. jmvd20 - mid December
42. cooleo - 12/7-12/15
43. Dubman - 2/15-2/25
44. DisneyShe - 2/29 or later
45. Main Street USA -
46. wdwdude423
47. dbogue

Anyone interested in dining at the Biergarten on 2/19 at 5:30pm please RSVP either in this thread, or by PM to Shannon (EPCOT.nut) or myself. I can always subtract people later, but not add, so if you think it's a maybe for you, go ahead and say yes for now and please include your party size.

Biergarten dinner:

1. SweetMagic04 - 4
2. Horizonstta - 4
3. EPCOT.nut - 3
4. Sillyspook13 - 2
5. jvrabel - 2
6. ImagineerMMC - 2
7. Horizons78 - 3
8. jeany031 - 3
9. chels26 - 3
10. BSikor - 1
11. PirateJessica20 - 3
13. WDWDude423 - 1
14. dbogue - 1

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
So as promised in another thread...I have a little bit of info on SSE through my husband's inside info being a Siemens employee.

This came from a document basically laying out the Alliance between Disney and Siemens...

Phase II Exhibits - Winter 2007/2008
  • Innervision - showcasing Siemens Corporate Research technologies
  • Model City - bringing the challenges of today's urban city centers and Siemens energy generation, management and distribution solutions together
  • Globe [part two] - visitors will have the opportunity to provide their e-mail address and receive a Spaceship Earth postcard featuring their personalized photo captured during the ride.
I will be getting more, there is a whole other website for them them to access the updates on the actual building of it. But he can only look at it on his computer at work. So I will have him send that to me on Monday.

:wave:

I love this idea! I love souvenirs (yeah my DH can attest to that!) :lol:

Thanks for posting this link - been watching a lot of football and I missed that thread. I am really glad another communications sort of company has taken over SSE. My family worked for and retired from AT&T and BellSouth so I have always had a love of SSE just for the whole "telephone company" background. I see Siemens has an area for employees - wonder if they are hiring? I would love to get backstage! :lol:

EpcotServo

bump-bumpity-bump-bump.

Hey, curious...why don't we just do like those micechatters and meet like every week or so...just with a little less crazy...surely alot of you could get there week-after-week? Not many, but still...it seems like every other forum does it but us.

:shrug:

Anyhoo...I WANT MY SPACESHIP EARTH!!! Nowwww....
:brick:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
\Hey, curious...why don't we just do like those micechatters and meet like every week or so...just with a little less crazy...surely alot of you could get there week-after-week? Not many, but still...it seems like every other forum does it but us.

I've been thinking the same thing...I thought before I joined (when I was just looking in on this site) that people did get together more regularly. I only go to the the parks about twice a month and the last time I was all alone! :cry: :lol:

EpcotServo

I've been thinking the same thing...I thought before I joined (when I was just looking in on this site) that people did get together more regularly. I only go to the the parks about twice a month and the last time I was all alone! :cry: :lol:
Yea....pretty simple idea. Just every week (or two) meet up in the hub (or other location in other parks) and just go ride stuff and hang out. Sounds fun! I wonder what the average of people who live nearby WDW is on WDW Magic. I think it's a good chance that it's pretty good!
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom