Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Reminder

REMINDER :sohappy:

Ok guys, I know it's still far off and could potentially change again, but we're still going to book a group dinner at the Biergarten for 2/19 in case SSE actually opens as planned so we have a nice dinner.

So, if you think you might want to come to dinner with those of us that have already signed up please let me know so I have an idea how many tables I need. I'm going to reserve them this weekend.

Come on guys! Ya gotta eat :slurp: We might as well have fun doing it!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
REMINDER :sohappy:

Ok guys, I know it's still far off and could potentially change again, but we're still going to book a group dinner at the Biergarten for 2/19 in case SSE actually opens as planned so we have a nice dinner.

So, if you think you might want to come to dinner with those of us that have already signed up please let me know so I have an idea how many tables I need. I'm going to reserve them this weekend.

Come on guys! Ya gotta eat :slurp: We might as well have fun doing it!

Put me down for 3 adults if you please. :wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Updated:

"Tomorrow's Child '08: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. BSikor -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 4
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
14. jedimaster1227 -
15. DMC-12 - 2
16. MontyMon - If it's in FEBRUARY :hammer:We should have listened to Monty:rolleyes:
17. sillyspook13 - 2
18. Figment571 - 6
19. chels26 - 2
20. LeeLee D -
21. TinkerBell9988 -
22. Epcotrob - 1
23. ChrisFL - 1
24. Master Yoda -
25. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
26. danesporty -
27. t3techcom18 -
28. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
29. HauntedPirate -
30. haveyoumetmark - 2
31. Figment1986 -
32. convrsboy -
33. Lee -
34. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
35. Boray - 11/26-11/30
36. Jekyll Baker -
37. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12
38. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 1
39. MagliteL13 -
40. Eyorefan - Feb 2-9
41. jmvd20 - mid December
42. cooleo - 12/7-12/15
43. Dubman - 2/15-2/25
44. DisneyShe - 2/29 or later
45. Main Street USA -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone interested in dining at the Biergarten on 2/19 around 4pmish please RSVP either in this thread, or by PM to Shannon (EPCOT.nut) or myself ASAP so I can call to place the hold before it's too late. I can always subtract people later, but not add, so if you think it's a maybe for you, go ahead and say yes for now and please include your party size.

Biergarten dinner:

1. SweetMagic04 - 4
2. Horizonstta - 4
3. EPCOT.nut - 3
4. Sillyspook13 - 2
5. jvrabel - 2
6. ImagineerMMC - 2
7. Horizons78 - 3

Proposed Schedule (will need a slight adjustment if we do the Biergarten at 4pmish):

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

Plus group picture while at SSE and still fairly fresh

12pm
Lunch. Electric Umbrella a good choice
&
Trivia Contest

1pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who gets the top score at Mission Controlling

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S

3pm: we had a request for an IceCream stop and a Beverly stop!

4pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5pm
More Spaceship Earth!

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
A round of PMs are going out tomorrow to everyone that has expressed interest in attending the meet. We have some plans regarding dinner at Biergarten and the trivia contest.

There are 3 "events" so far that will have prizes. They are M:S Mission Control, Project Tomorrow (not sure what since I haven't been there yet! :lol: But someone who suggested it knows more about it) And a trivia contest at dinner.

So look out for your PMs tomorrow and give us your input. Thanks!

EpcotServo

There are 3 "events" so far that will have prizes. They are M:S Mission Control, Project Tomorrow (not sure what since I haven't been there yet! :lol: But someone who suggested it knows more about it) And a trivia contest at dinner.

So look out for your PMs tomorrow and give us your input. Thanks!

Well, this was before it got sooo big, but the Project: Tommorow games (as of right now) has two games: Body Builder, and Super Driver. I think teams for Body Builder might be fun. But I really don't think it'll work with so many of us. So, I suggest we just do Space Race: Mission Control, it's more of a game, and can fit all of us.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Well, this was before it got sooo big, but the Project: Tommorow games (as of right now) has two games: Body Builder, and Super Driver. I think teams for Body Builder might be fun. But I really don't think it'll work with so many of us. So, I suggest we just do Space Race: Mission Control, it's more of a game, and can fit all of us.

I am open to that. I really had no idea what is in Project Tomorrow. Was going to check it out tomorrow (an excuse to go to EPCOT) but I have a terrible cold. Bummer.

So we have M:S and the trivia contest for prizes - any suggestions for one other thing? A scavenger hunt was suggested but I don't think there is time on the schedule!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Random idea for third thing, if it totally stinks feel free to say so...

Shannon you had mentioned printing some sort of memento on nice paper. What if along the bottom edge of that printout there were maybe 6 or 8 small blank boxes. Throughout the day, at random times, we could announce that it's time to get one of the boxes punched with a hole punch. It would be at a time when we are gathered somewhere as a group but it would not be planned in advance. At the end of the day, everyone who has gotten all of the boxes punched (by being with the group all day) could put their names in a hat and we could draw a winner. Or if hole punching sounds yucky maybe we could give out small tokens or make checkmarks on index cards... I dunno :shrug::D:shrug:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Random idea for third thing, if it totally stinks feel free to say so...

Shannon you had mentioned printing some sort of memento on nice paper. What if along the bottom edge of that printout there were maybe 6 or 8 small blank boxes. Throughout the day, at random times, we could announce that it's time to get one of the boxes punched with a hole punch. It would be at a time when we are gathered somewhere as a group but it would not be planned in advance. At the end of the day, everyone who has gotten all of the boxes punched (by being with the group all day) could put their names in a hat and we could draw a winner. Or if hole punching sounds yucky maybe we could give out small tokens or make checkmarks on index cards... I dunno :shrug::D:shrug:

That idea doesn't totally stink! :lol: I sure don't want a hole punch hanging around my neck all day...I have a hard enough time dealing with a lanyard!
HMMMM

Yeah a "door prize" of sorts would be nice because it would not require anyone to be either skilled or smart to win something.

Then I have a chance! :sohappy:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
That idea doesn't totally stink! :lol: I sure don't want a hole punch hanging around my neck all day...I have a hard enough time dealing with a lanyard!
HMMMM

Yeah a "door prize" of sorts would be nice because it would not require anyone to be either skilled or smart to win something.

Then I have a chance! :sohappy:

:lol: I'd have room in my bag, but there still might be an altogether better version of the idea that I haven't thought of yet :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
:lol: I'd have room in my bag, but there still might be an altogether better version of the idea that I haven't thought of yet :lol:
My only thought is that by the end of the day [and depending on how many participants show up], you might get really tired of punching holes in that many cards... Lining folks up to have their cards punched and aligning the punch with the right spot on each card would get really tedious after a while.

Perhaps a sheet of small stickers, a different colour for each 'milestone' during the day. Then people could stick their own onto the card.

Just a thought... I won't be there to know if you paid any attention to me anyway... :(

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I thought the same thing - what if we have 100 people? YIKES!

We do need a door prize, however. It evens out the prize playing field.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yeah I knew there had to be a better way, but I was still unsure of what it was. I had thought of stickers too, but couldn't decide what to stick em on! Maybe just a stamper, like a passport? I dunno my thinker hurts, I have alot to think about right now with an upcoming trip, so maybe I can think better when I get home :shrug::eek:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Yeah I knew there had to be a better way, but I was still unsure of what it was. I had thought of stickers too, but couldn't decide what to stick em on! Maybe just a stamper, like a passport? I dunno my thinker hurts, I have alot to think about right now with an upcoming trip, so maybe I can think better when I get home :shrug::eek:

I was thinking - in some parts our schedule is kind of tight to have time to stamp cards....but then that depends on if we are really having a lot of people or not? I've been trying to think about this idea also - and different permutations of it - I also thought that we could hand out a ticket to everyone at the beginning of the meet and do the drawing at some time during the day at one of the meet locations - and the location and time of the drawing would be a secret - just that you must be present to win.

Whatdya think of that? :shrug:

EpcotServo

I was thinking - in some parts our schedule is kind of tight to have time to stamp cards....but then that depends on if we are really having a lot of people or not? I've been trying to think about this idea also - and different permutations of it - I also thought that we could hand out a ticket to everyone at the beginning of the meet and do the drawing at some time during the day at one of the meet locations - and the location and time of the drawing would be a secret - just that you must be present to win.

That sounds better. I just don't really like the time cards idea, because not everyone can stay the whole time. It's like, I won't be able to go to the dinner at Germany. (Just because I'm picky, and I don't want to pay $24 for something I don't eat! :hammer:)

Anyhoo, I still think we don't need to worry about details yet. Unless...what do you think of just doing the meet on a regular day (like around the day we planned) and just doing another (less planned) meet on whatever day it opens. That might be fun, and we wouldn't be at the mercy of an ever shifting date. What does everybody think about that?

:shrug:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Dat's even better :animwink:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
The big PM has been sent to everyone that expressed an interest except for 2 people: Brian WDW74 (my PM machine could not locate you) and Jekyll Baker (your PM options are set so that you have incoming PMs blocked).
If either of you want a copy of the PM sent, please PM me and I will get it to you. Anyone else who wants the PM sent that is not currently on the list, please PM me. We can add you to the list of people who at some point planned to try and be there.

Please remember that this is the very early planning stage of this meet. We are still going to excitedly talk about it and think of great ideas, but the plans can change. An explanation is in the PM I sent. :wave:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Error in PMs sent

:eek:

I am certainly a blonde! I had a blonde moment in my PMs that I sent!

The trivia contest is going to be at *lunch* which is at the Electric Umbrella at noon. The Biergarten is too loud to do the trivia contest and have several tables of people hear over the din of the entertainment.

My bad, sorry! :eek::lol:

And thanks to everyone that has responded so far. Please keep the trivia questions coming!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Updated (please note the schedule is a work in progress and not finished yet):

"Tomorrow's Child '08: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. BSikor - 1
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 4
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 - 3
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
14. jedimaster1227 -
15. DMC-12 - 2
16. MontyMon - Disney should have listened to Monty :hammer:
17. sillyspook13 - 2
18. Figment571 - 6
19. chels26 - 3
20. LeeLee D -
21. PirateJessica20 - 3
22. Epcotrob - 1
23. ChrisFL - 1
24. Master Yoda -
25. Scott M - (only between 11/2 and 11/7)
26. danesporty -
27. t3techcom18 -
28. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
29. HauntedPirate -
30. haveyoumetmark - 2
31. Figment1986 -
32. convrsboy -
33. Lee -
34. imamouse - 11/29-12/3 or 12/6-12/9
35. Boray - 11/26-11/30
36. Jekyll Baker -
37. Brian WDW74 - 12/5-12/12
38. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 2
39. MagliteL13 -
40. Eyorefan - Feb 2-9
41. jmvd20 - mid December
42. cooleo - 12/7-12/15
43. Dubman - 2/15-2/25
44. DisneyShe - 2/29 or later
45. Main Street USA -
46. wdwdude423
47. dbogue

Anyone interested in dining at the Biergarten on 2/19 at 5:30pm please RSVP either in this thread, or by PM to Shannon (EPCOT.nut) or myself. I can always subtract people later, but not add, so if you think it's a maybe for you, go ahead and say yes for now and please include your party size.

Biergarten dinner:

1. SweetMagic04 - 4
2. Horizonstta - 4
3. EPCOT.nut - 3
4. Sillyspook13 - 2
5. jvrabel - 2
6. ImagineerMMC - 2
7. Horizons78 - 3
8. jeany031 - 3
9. chels26 - 3
10. BSikor - 1
11. PirateJessica20 - 3

Proposed Schedule (work in progress, not finished yet :animwink:):

9am to 12pm
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

Plus group picture while at SSE and still fairly fresh

12pm
Lunch. Electric Umbrella a good choice
&
**Trivia contest with top prize for the most correct answers**

1pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who gets the top score at Mission Controlling

1pm: Living With the Land/ Seas with Nemo, something like this for people who can't or don't ride M:S

3pm: we had a request for an IceCream stop and a Beverly stop!

4pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5:30pm:
Dinner at Biergarten

7pm:
More Spaceship Earth!

9pm:
Illuminations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom