Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

EpcotServo

really any weekday is fine with me. We could even adjust it week to week if need be. It just seems that if MICECHAT can do it, why can't we?
:lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Yep we could adjust the days - and also whoever can't make it will just have to sit home with a bottle of whine...er, wine.

:lookaroun

Not that I would actually do that!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Sounds like fun, but my job is weird so personally I can't commit too far in advance as my work days change. But I'm sure I could do some of 'em.

I'll be at Magic Kingdom early and Epcot later this coming Friday because I signed up for that Parade taping for passholders. That's the next day that I can go personally.

EpcotServo, how are you liking the schedule for the SSE day? Did you noticed I mentioned we may need to do it on the spur of the moment if the silly ride opens on an unexpected date?

We may or may not get the Biergarten if that happens, but it's ok either way.

If it does open early and we miss the Biergarten we could always do what we had talked about earlier and just plan another, second meet, with the dinner shortly after the opening day (in addition to opening day for those of us that will be going to both)

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
If it does open early and we miss the Biergarten we could always do what we had talked about earlier and just plan another, second meet, with the dinner shortly after the opening day (in addition to opening day for those of us that will be going to both)

I didn't think he liked Biergarten! :lol: But that is only if my memory serves me right!

I am always up for dinner and food at any meet that we do. I love to eat! :D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I didn't think he liked Biergarten! :lol: But that is only if my memory serves me right!

I am always up for dinner and food at any meet that we do. I love to eat! :D

Yuppers, I remember that, I wasn't directing that part of the comment to EpcotServo as much as the schedule comment, the dinner comment was for everybody :D:slurp:

Edit: guess I should fix my siggy since my trip is over huh? I dunno what to put there though :(

EpcotServo

Sounds like fun, but my job is weird so personally I can't commit too far in advance as my work days change. But I'm sure I could do some of 'em.

I'll be at Magic Kingdom early and Epcot later this coming Friday because I signed up for that Parade taping for passholders. That's the next day that I can go personally.

EpcotServo, how are you liking the schedule for the SSE day? Did you noticed I mentioned we may need to do it on the spur of the moment if the silly ride opens on an unexpected date?

We may or may not get the Biergarten if that happens, but it's ok either way.

Still sounds fine to me! I do know that I can chip in the trivia prize. I have another copy of the American Adventure painting they sold awhile ago that'd be happy to have a home. (It's the painting seen right before you go up the corridor of flags, in that little corner. It's really nice and says "The American Adventure")

As for Biergarten, yes that's all you guys. I will do lunch of course, and hopefully be able to stay for Iluminations. But again, without a date SPACESHIP EARTH, I don't know what I can do!

(Oh, and I posted a quick post on the blogs to tell people that we're discussing weekly meets over here.)

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Still sounds fine to me! I do know that I can chip in the trivia prize. I have another copy of the American Adventure painting they sold awhile ago that'd be happy to have a home. (It's the painting seen right before you go up the corridor of flags, in that little corner. It's really nice and says "The American Adventure")

As for Biergarten, yes that's all you guys. I will do lunch of course, and hopefully be able to stay for Iluminations. But again, without a date SPACESHIP EARTH, I don't know what I can do!

(Oh, and I posted a quick post on the blogs to tell people that we're discussing weekly meets over here.)

WOW! That is a very generous offer for the trivia prize. I have an old EPCOT wheel map that I can donate if anyone would think that would be a good prize. I have an extra. I also have an extra WOM pin - the old metal kind - I could do my best to part with that one. (I have 2 - :lol: )

Wish I had something more SSE related to give away - I can rummage through my stuff again.

As for the weekly meets, if enough interest is generated maybe someone can start a thread for them. I need to move a leetle closer. It takes me 2-1/2 hours to get to WDW and I work 8-5 Monday-Friday. Also I am married to someone that would not understand me driving 5 hours round trip for an evening meet. :eek: And that drive is hard in the wee hours, I'm not getting any younger! :lol:

So, back on topic - We have a few prizes now - the trivia prize (I think we may need 2 prizes), the M:S top score prize, and a random "door prize" to keep things even. (For those neither smart or talented - :ROFLOL:)

I wanted to do nice cards for the trivia contest that can be kept by whoever answers each question correctly - they would have the question, the correct answer, and the name of the person that came up with the question, and a logo on the back. I was hoping for Horizons78's logo. Or if someone can come up with one?

Anyone want to suggest more trivia questions?

Sweetmagic04 - the schedule really looks do-able and fun to me. Anyone else have any comments?

rdour@techminds

Hello,

I'll be at WDW next week (12-03 to 12-11). Where at Pop Century or for that matter anywhere on property is there free or inexpensive Wifi access? I hear its $9.99 or something around that if you choose to use the access in your room.

I now have a reason to need that connection. If at the last minute all of you plan a meet, I want in on it. I personally was so sad to hear the project had fallen behind at SSE, but sometimes things happen for a good reason. I know I've built small projects like recording studios. Nothing like an SSE. Though, in principal they have one thing in common. When fitting out a building in which something else has occupied the space, you sometimes hit a really bad snag once you've done a ton of work. Maybe the systems being salvaged turned out to be worse than originally thought. We all know how bumpy that thing was!

Anyway, I want to stay connected so I don't miss anything. I am still kicking myself for not going to Celebration 25.

Ryan

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yeah that is a very nice offer of a prize EpcotServo, thanks a bunch! Sounds like it's coming together. I think the retro wheel map is a great prize too, as is the WOM pin, so we're on our way :sohappy:

I don't think I have anything anyone would want, but I can try to research a couple of questions if we still need some.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'll be at WDW next week (12-03 to 12-11). Where at Pop Century or for that matter anywhere on property is there free or inexpensive Wifi access? I hear its $9.99 or something around that if you choose to use the access in your room.

Yup, you are correct, they will charge you the 10 bucks per day for the internet.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Hello,

I now have a reason to need that connection. If at the last minute all of you plan a meet, I want in on it. I personally was so sad to hear the project had fallen behind at SSE, but sometimes things happen for a good reason. I know I've built small projects like recording studios. Nothing like an SSE. Though, in principal they have one thing in common. When fitting out a building in which something else has occupied the space, you sometimes hit a really bad snag once you've done a ton of work. Maybe the systems being salvaged turned out to be worse than originally thought. We all know how bumpy that thing was!

Anyway, I want to stay connected so I don't miss anything. I am still kicking myself for not going to Celebration 25.

Ryan

I had to laugh because I have hit a snag remodeling my mobile home! :lol: So I really can't criticize WDW for having problems with a revolutionary geodesic dome. My floors are bumpier than that ride ever was! :eek:

Please do keep in touch about this Meet. We are going to have a really great time, even if the meet is smaller than we at first planned. I wonder if you can find any coffeeshops in Orlando near WDW that have free WI-FI. We have some where I live and it is a very small town.

Missing Celebration 25 would have been a total bummer! Sorry you missed out! :(

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Yeah that is a very nice offer of a prize EpcotServo, thanks a bunch! Sounds like it's coming together. I think the retro wheel map is a great prize too, as is the WOM pin, so we're on our way :sohappy:

I don't think I have anything anyone would want, but I can try to research a couple of questions if we still need some.

Yep we do need some. It would be nice if less than half of the cards have my name being credited with providing the question! :lol: I have about 6 questions donated so far, rough estimate, not including any that I come up with, which I haven't. :lookaroun Not setting a very good example, am I? :D

So have we set a date for picketing outside of SSE yet? I can make the signs. We need an air horn....

rdour@techminds

Not to get way off topic, but my reason for going to WDW next week is MouseFest. Is there anything planned for next week? I'm so far only planning on attending events from Let's Talk About Disney podcast and hanging out with Paul from WTTM.

Anyway, I hope to capture massive amounts of audio, like the entire trip door to door. WHat I mean by door to door is from the moment I close the hotel door in the morning til the moment I walk back into it at night. For all of you fellow audio enthusiasts out there, I'll be walking around with an M-Audio MicroTrack, 16 GB Adata compact flash, Energizer USB AA battery unit to keep the recorder charged, 12 AA batteries. Then for mics, a set of core-sound balanced capsules, using them in a binaural configuration with them sitting about a half inch from the ear canal on either side.

Now, if you have an interest in hearing some of the audio I captured last year, post and I'll put up a link to my audio archive.

Ryan

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Not to get way off topic, but my reason for going to WDW next week is MouseFest. Is there anything planned for next week? I'm so far only planning on attending events from Let's Talk About Disney podcast and hanging out with Paul from WTTM.

Anyway, I hope to capture massive amounts of audio, like the entire trip door to door. WHat I mean by door to door is from the moment I close the hotel door in the morning til the moment I walk back into it at night. For all of you fellow audio enthusiasts out there, I'll be walking around with an M-Audio MicroTrack, 16 GB Adata compact flash, Energizer USB AA battery unit to keep the recorder charged, 12 AA batteries. Then for mics, a set of core-sound balanced capsules, using them in a binaural configuration with them sitting about a half inch from the ear canal on either side.

Now, if you have an interest in hearing some of the audio I captured last year, post and I'll put up a link to my audio archive.

Ryan

The tech-talk is lost on me! :lol: But I doubt any of us will turn away hearing your audio! Thanks for the offer! I will be at MouseFest also - just on the weekend. I posted a little bit about it in my thread Who's going to MouseFest (or something like that - can't recall what I called the dang thread!)
See you there!

rdour@techminds

Well, I'll be there. anyone please feel free to come and say hi to me. I'll be going solo, so to meet other major fans of this stuff would be wonderful. Don't worry, I'm easy to spot. I'm the tall blind guy with albinism with a cane walking solo around WDW. Yeah, I know, I'll be hard to miss actually.

Ryan

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Well, I'll be there. anyone please feel free to come and say hi to me. I'll be going solo, so to meet other major fans of this stuff would be wonderful. Don't worry, I'm easy to spot. I'm the tall blind guy with albinism with a cane walking solo around WDW. Yeah, I know, I'll be hard to miss actually.

Ryan

So I have found someone in Florida possibly paler that me! If I see you I will introduce myself. I need to make me my avatar again so I am easily recognizable.

rdour@techminds

Yeah, its SPF 70 for me. I really hope for my sake that they never discover that stuff is poison for your skin. You know, everything causes cancer right! Anyway, when I was a kid visiting WDW, I'd burn no matter what I did. When I visit, I'll be in long sleeves and pants. That's the best protection I've got.

If it turns out that SSE is opening early, I'm sure glad a bunch of you will be visiting it. Probably the only opportunity I'll have to ask someone to ride and see every variation of the ending possible in one shot. I'm assuming the ending must change in some way depending on how you choose your future. I really hope it is as cool as the press releases so far have promised.

rdour@techminds

Audio

OK, so putting the geeky audio talk aside, just give some of this a listen. Please please please wear headphones. I can't stress that enough. In the audio directory select Disney and enjoy some sounds from the parks. I have a lot more, but only requested things have made it up there so far. The Mission SPace and Candlelight Processional are really worth it. The narrator sounds a bit muffled, but that is really how she sounded. I was in the front row about 5 or 6 people from the absolute center. Listen to the trumpets, don't they just sound wonderful?

http://www.ryandour.com/audio/

If you've got QuickTime installed, all shall work well for you. If you have iTUnes installed, don't be surprised if that launches. Realistically you're best bet is to right click the file you want to download and choose "Save As" or "Save Target As" depending on your browser. If anything doesn't work, let me know right away. This is a raw directory, but I plan to turn it into a full site. ryandour.com is something I just purchased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom