Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Okay, neat.
I'm coming if I can get the day off.
Just gotta let me know when!

You have been added. As long as you are not a CM you can call in sick that day! We are all waiting to find out the date. Maybe Horizons78 can make a few calls for us. :p

Horizonstta

Sounds interesting. I'll add my name to the list.

1. STR8FAN2005 -
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 -
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 -
11. Pocamahontas
12. Horizonstta

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Thankyou for the new thread, it feels like a fresh start to a good idea. Perfect timing too :animwink: I hope a few more people find this and join us :wave:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Thankyou for the new thread, it feels like a fresh start to a good idea. Perfect timing too :animwink: I hope a few more people find this and join us :wave:

Me, too. I am nervous that it will be on a day that my doctor sees patients which is a no-no to miss. If it is on a surgery day I can be there. Or I can cancel patients and put him in an OR. :ROFLOL:

WDWFigment

Is there even a definitive reopening date for SSE? I was under the impression that it's terribly behind schedule...

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Me, too. I am nervous that it will be on a day that my doctor sees patients which is a no-no to miss. If it is on a surgery day I can be there. Or I can cancel patients and put him in an OR. :ROFLOL:

Yikes! Sounds tricky :eek:

Please someone add some meat to this thread

Ok, trying to add some meat:

Here are some of the quotes from the first thread that are somewhat important in getting us to the point where we are. They came out in order from last to first, but other than that, here they are:

I would like to humbly submit an entry for our group logo:

SEPARTYLOGO.jpg

OK!

So first of all here is the link again: http://www.zazzle.com/horizons78

Now when you go there you will see the shirt and two different buttons. One of the buttons has my screen name on it for an example and can be customized just like the shirt. The other original button is on there as well. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT BUTTON! :D

To customize either the shirt or the button just follow the following steps:

1. Click on the link: http://www.zazzle.com/horizons78

2. Click on the item you want: (REMEMBER - The shirt and one of the buttons are customizable so select the proper one!)

3. When the items page loads select the "Customize It" silver colored button directly underneath the green "Add to Cart" button on the lower right side of the page. A new page will load.

4. FOR SHIRTS: Click on the "Back" button under the large shirt picture - this will take you to the back of the shirt. BUTTON BUYERS CAN IGNORE THIS.

5. Click on the "Horizons78" text on the image. Once you click on the text you want to change a grey outline box should surround the text.

6. On the right hand side in the "Customize It" box click on "Change Text"

7. Now simply delete or overwrite the exsisting "Horizons78" text and write whatever you would like.

8. SClick "OK and review your image.

9. Select your quantity, click on add to cart and the rest is self explanatory.

That should set everyone up for shirts and buttons.

**I've also added customizable mugs, customizable mouse pads, a non-customizable bag, and a pretty cool bumper sticker that would be a great conversation starter!**

ENJOY! :sohappy:

Okay, just off of work.

With Celebration 25, we've seen that Mr. McPhee doesn't seem to have a problem with us EPCOT nerds getting together. Our group should be considerably smaller, so I don't see it being a problem at all.

I like the name Tomorrow's Child. It was the first thing that came to be when I came up with this whole thing. It's really fitting, especially if the song does return (as rumored). So, something like "Tomorrow's Child '07: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth" sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind coordinating it, as long as I have help.

For EPCOT history buffs, were there any other t-shirts/designs featuring SSE besides the one on the LE T-Shirts/Guidemaps? I'm really into the whole retro thing.

Meet names:

Tomorrow's Child '07

Extreme Makeover: Geosphere Edition

Siemens Appreciation Day

Celebration 25: Again!

Spaceship Earth: Under New Management:lookaroun

Jim McPhee is Awesome: A Disney Fan Tribute to the MAN!

You know I'll be there for sure! Add me to the list - I'll bring my SSE Mickey ears and everything. :)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Is there even a definitive reopening date for SSE? I was under the impression that it's terribly behind schedule...

No, I don't think there is yet. We are all fairly local and able to go on just about any day, so at this time we're planning to meet without knowing a specific date.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
No, I don't think there is yet. We are all fairly local and able to go on just about any day, so at this time we're planning to meet without knowing a specific date.

Yeah basically without a date we all are "maybes" - which is OK - we can still plan a meet and the people who can come will be there! :lol:

SweetMagic - thanks for providing the "meat" to this "meet" - I hadn't figured out how to do multiple quotes yet. Sheesh. :eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Something tells me it won't happen, but if they open any time between 2 and 10 February... I'm IN! :ROFLOL:

Of course, you'd all have to re-order the merch to switch it to 2008 :eek:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Something tells me it won't happen, but if they open any time between 2 and 10 February... I'm IN! :ROFLOL:

Of course, you'd all have to re-order the merch to switch it to 2008 :eek:

Are you *sure* you don't want to move to Florida? There's 10 acres up the road from me for sale....

We'll just have to think of another reason to have a meet during early Feb. Should not be a problem! ;)

mousefan1972

If the opening happens to be between Dec. 20 and Dec 27, I would love to meet up with you guys!!!
(or if someone wants to buy me a plane ticket for any other date... :lookaroun)
:lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Yeah basically without a date we all are "maybes" - which is OK - we can still plan a meet and the people who can come will be there! :lol:

SweetMagic - thanks for providing the "meat" to this "meet" - I hadn't figured out how to do multiple quotes yet. Sheesh. :eek:

Instead of clicking on
quote.gif
, click on
multiquote_off.gif
for each post you want to quote. When you're ready, either click on
quote.gif
or
reply.gif
and you'll have multi-quoted! :sohappy:

Then just put your comments between the various posts you've quoted and edit out any smileys or images over the ten max allowable.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Instead of clicking on
quote.gif
, click on
multiquote_off.gif
for each post you want to quote. When you're ready, either click on
quote.gif
or
reply.gif
and you'll have multi-quoted! :sohappy:

Then just put your comments between the various posts you've quoted and edit out any smileys or images over the ten max allowable.

OMG! 21st Century, watch out! :lol:
Thanks for the help!

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm actually staying at AKL from 12/8 - 12/12, so maybe I'll get lucky and not have to get up at 5am to be there on time :lol:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Are you *sure* you don't want to move to Florida? There's 10 acres up the road from me for sale....

We'll just have to think of another reason to have a meet during early Feb. Should not be a problem! ;)
I absolutely do want to move there! I just can't until DS graduates and moves out! :lol:

Once that happens, I would be able to move. Right now, I work in a job that pays really well but the only place in the world I can do it is here in Ottawa. Once he's no longer in school and can support himself I'm free to retire and sell here and move into a place there... He's in Grade 7, so I have a bit of a wait. :cry:

OMG! 21st Century, watch out! :lol:
Thanks for the help!
No sweat! I spend a lot of time figuring out the new-fangled stuff... Figure I might as well share when I do! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom