Spaceship Earth Re-opening WDWMagic Meet

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Adding another name to this list and pushing this all forward so it doesn't get lost:

"Saturday in the Park: Celebrating the Return of Spaceship Earth"

1. BSikor - 1
2. coasterphil -
3. Tinkerbell9988 -
4. Horizons 78 - 3
5. SweetMagic04 - 4
6. EpcotServo -
7. EPCOT.nut - 2 or 3
8. Figment82 and her SSE Mickey Ears and everything
9. jvrabel - 2
10. jeany031 - 3
11. Pocamahontas -
12. Horizonstta -
13. angelfaerie52 - 1 or 2
14. jedimaster1227 -
15. DMC-12 - 2
16. sillyspook13 - 2
17. Figment571 - 6
18. chels26 - 3
19. LeeLee D -
20. PirateJessica20 - 3
21. Epcotrob - 1
22. ChrisFL - 1
23. Master Yoda -
24. danesporty -
25. t3techcom18 -
26. rainfully definitely absolutely completely WILL be there!!! -
27. HauntedPirate -
28. haveyoumetmark - 2
29. Figment1986 -
30. convrsboy -
31. Lee -
32. Jekyll Baker -
33. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 2
34. MagliteL13 -
35. Dubman - 2/15-2/25
36. DisneyShe - 2/29 or later
37. Main Street USA -
38. wdwdude423
39. dbogue
40. 2 'absolutely' maybes from Jain and her Dad regardless of date (we’re lucky it’s barely an hour drive to EPCOT for us) and another 2 'kinda' maybes if I can convince them to take the day off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone interested in dining at the Biergarten please RSVP either in this thread, or PM me. I can always subtract people later, but not add, so if you think it's a maybe for you, go ahead and say yes for now and please include your party size.

Biergarten dinner:

1. SweetMagic04 - 4
2. Horizonstta - 4
3. EPCOT.nut - 3
4. Sillyspook13 - 2
5. jvrabel - 2
6. ImagineerMMC - 2
7. Horizons78 - 3
8. jeany031 - 3
9. chels26 - 3
10. BSikor - 1
11. PirateJessica20 - 3
13. WDWDude423 - 1
14. dbogue - 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

9am to 12pm:
Spaceship Earth rides!
&
Project: TOMORROW game contests
Who's the best at what?

12pm: Group Photo, Fountain of Nations stage side

followed by:
Lunch at Electric Umbrella
&
**Trivia contest with top prize for the most correct answers**

followed by (time permitting):
Beverly Challenge and/or IceCream for dessert!
(Basically hang out in that area together)

2:30pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

3:30 - 5pm:
Mission: SPACE group ride
&
Mission: SPACE Race group contest
Who gets the top score at Mission Controlling

5:15pm:
Check in at Biergarten for 5:30 Dinner
(alternate location TBD if needed due to date change)

7:15pm:
More Spaceship Earth!

9pm:
Illuminations
(viewing site TBD)
(9:30pm if Dec.)

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
So are we meeting this weekend now that SSE is open???

Well, I think that's what we're trying to decide. Personally I'm a little afraid to try for this weekend because it may or may not actually be open when we're there. Plus it's Mousefest weekend and some folks have prior commitments to events with that.

Some of us could try to meet up, I'll be at Epcot Sat. (tomorrow), but for the day long meet, I'm sorta thinking either next weekend, or even after that so we are sure it's really open to stay.

Depends on what we want to get out of the meet. Either we do a casual non-planned thing so we can just stake out SSE, or we wait and do a nice day long event as sort of a celebration of SSE.

I'm thinking we do both :D

Mr.EPCOT

I would suggest holding the meet off until February because I would imagine that there will be a re-opening ceremony then.

Crazy4WDW1

Oh . . . a reopening ceremony would be fab! If you can come up with a definite date at some point I'm surely in. Those of us that are out of towners will need to find air fare, etc.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Well I'm heading off for a quick getaway to POFQ in the morning, so I wanted to post my thoughts here before I leave. My laptop died, so I won't be able to check in until I'm back.

Anyhoo, as you all have seen there have been mixed reactions to the previews of SSE. I rode it, and I had a great experience. Any items that I may not have loved, I am more than willing to hold off judging until the final refurbishment is presented as a finished project.

The only reason I brought any of this up in this thread is because I didn't want anyone interested in this meet to be discouraged by mixed reviews as far as having this meet is concerned.

I will always be a fan of WDW, a fan of EPCOT, and a fan of SSE. I am still very interested to see the finished product and to celebrate with friends when it is ready. I hope everyone else feels the same.

In light of recent events, both the soft openings, as well as further investigation into the details of our meet, among other things, we will be once again, overhauling the meet as a whole. Details on the changes will be forthcoming. We want to be sure to have a great day planned for everyone who wants to join us in celebrating the icon of EPCOT, and are looking forward to meeting with everyone once again, or for the first time!!

Talk to you all in a few days :wave:

WhatJaneSays

I would suggest holding the meet off until February because I would imagine that there will be a re-opening ceremony then.
Oh, I very much hope that there will be an official ceremony because I missed getting to EPCOT on 10.02. I also think that it would be best to wait on the meet for the sake of organization.

SweetMagic - Sorry to hear about your laptop, but have a nice time anyways.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Oh, I very much hope that there will be an official ceremony because I missed getting to EPCOT on 10.02. I also think that it would be best to wait on the meet for the sake of organization.

SweetMagic - Sorry to hear about your laptop, but have a nice time anyways.

SweetMagic and I met at Epcot on saturday with a couple other good information sources. We have reason to believe that there will not be an announced official ceremony. What ceremony there will be if any would be scheduled in a much smaller window such as a week or so. Unfortunately, that doesn't help us very much in picking a day.

Stay tuned though as updates are forthcoming as previously stated. :wave:

jedimaster1227

SweetMagic and I met at Epcot on saturday with a couple other good information sources. We have reason to believe that there will not be an announced official ceremony. What ceremony there will be if any would be scheduled in a much smaller window such as a week or so. Unfortunately, that doesn't help us very much in picking a day.

Stay tuned though as updates are forthcoming as previously stated. :wave:

As you guys already know, I look forward to your latest update and all that it has to offer... :animwink:

Katya

I would definitely be in on this! Provided that this is not a day that I work. Which I might try to do because it would be cool to work on re-opening day.

But, as it seems to me there's still some confusion, the date that any SSE CM should be telling you is grand opening is February the 18th. That's what's been written on our backstage for over a month now and the official information we've been giving out.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I would definitely be in on this! Provided that this is not a day that I work. Which I might try to do because it would be cool to work on re-opening day.

But, as it seems to me there's still some confusion, the date that any SSE CM should be telling you is grand opening is February the 18th. That's what's been written on our backstage for over a month now and the official information we've been giving out.

Thanks Katya, we're in the process of making the necessary changes to the meet, including the date. Epcot.nut, who has been instrumental in the planning process of our meet has been unavailable for awhile, so we're hoping everything is ok, and we can proceed with the planning soon. In the meantime, Horizons78 and myself have been doing our homework :D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
To be honest with you, Epcot.nut hasn't been available for quite awhile now, and besides being incredibly worried about her, I felt like out of respect for how hard she's worked so far on this meet, I would hold off on planning anything new until I gave her a chance to come back.

If need be, Doug and I will move forward, probably after Christmas, but for right now I'm praying she's ok and hoping she comes back soon.

On a lighter note though, we do have a Meet Monty Meet to plan as well :animwink:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I tried to respond to this like 12 times yesterday, but my internet wasn't working correctly and I could never get my reply to go through. Uggh!

Anyway, we be workin' on it still :lol: We had to wait until after the holidays, as some of the planning team had the nerve to go outta town :eek: :lol:

We'll be back soon with the new and improved SSE Meet.

Thanks for checking!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
We had to wait until after the holidays, as some of the planning team had the nerve to go outta town :eek: :lol:

Sorry - :wave: I just couldnt resist!......Greetings from Gatlinburg!
IMG_1229.jpg

It's a tad on the cold side for a Florida boy....:lol:

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

As Sweetmagic said, we should have some more info for everyone shortly. It's going to be a fun meet when we get it all hammered out! :wave:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Sorry - :wave: I just couldnt resist!......Greetings from Gatlinburg!

It's a tad on the cold side for a Florida boy....:lol:

As Sweetmagic said, we should have some more info for everyone shortly. It's going to be a fun meet when we get it all hammered out! :wave:

YIKES it looks cold! It's been so nice here this week!

YEP we should have the new meet details up over the weekend - we are just working a a few minor things. There will be a new thread and it will be linked here and in post #1. :wave: See you there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom