Space Mountain trains cycling today (Sat 26 Sep) - photo

Figment1986

If they did rebuild the chasies of the trains, there is no reason the lift cannot be mostly silent using similar tech from Everest...

TP2000

Do you know what kind of lift the DL SM uses? Also, are the new BTMRR lifts silent?

Disneyland's Space Mountain has three separate lift hills the rockets go up to get to the top of the dome and begin the coaster journey downwards. From video with the lights on, they appear to be regular sprocket-driven chains that the cars engage on via a chaindog or some other type of anti-rollback catch. It's nothing fancy or super advanced; it's just a series of lift hills with a roller coaster lift chain on each.

No clue who the manufacturer is/was, if that is what you are asking. I've never noticed them making any noise either, although there is also music playing from the car speakers on each lift hill. But you don't notice the lift mechanisms, they are very smooth.

WDITrent

Yay for silent lift!

Just so everyone knows, the DLR lifts are incredibly slow, nothing like EE. The SM lifts are silent except for the immediately prior to the incline and while rounding the top of the hill. If you watch any video, you'll see what I mean.

EPCOT Explorer

Yay for silent lift!

Just so everyone knows, the DLR lifts are incredibly slow, nothing like EE. The SM lifts are silent except for the immediately prior to the incline and while rounding the top of the hill. If you watch any video, you'll see what I mean.

Wouldn't that be attributed to the Mountain's smaller size?

jt04

Yay for silent lift!

Well faster means more capacity but slower better builds up the anticipation so it just depends on the person. But a silent lift just adds to the experience and is a better fit for a "space" ride IMO. So hopefully the reports are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom