Space Mountain trains cycling today (Sat 26 Sep) - photo

magicmaya

I love it when you say what I was about to post...Makes me feel smart.

:lol:

Anyways, You know what would go great with silent lift hills? ON BOARD AUDIO

:lookaroun

you did the same thing that lee does... say what I was about to post! :lol:

a nice new re-entry tunnel will go nice with the new track and when you look outside after you ride, you could see a pretty little light show! :lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I love it when you say what I was about to post...Makes me feel smart.

:lol:

Anyways, You know what would go great with silent lift hills? ON BOARD AUDIO

:lookaroun

Good excuse, IMHO.

Kinda like painting leading to lighting....kinda like Skyway Demo leading to a new entrance plaza...kinda like.....:lookaroun:lol:

Huck

Changing the show isnt a priority right now. SM always has hours long waits and is incredibly popular in its current format. The money and resources are going into FL to create something new. We as fans may not agree witht hat, as we walywas want everying pushed to 110%, but that isnt going to happen. All in all, I'd rather see the new FL and SM reopen without show changes, as oppsed to getting a DL style SM and no FL (or a hacked down FL).

Despite all of the money spent on DL SM, I actually prefer WDW SM in its current state. The shakiness and bumpiness is what its all about for me. If I want smooth, I can go for Everest or RnR. SM offers something very raw and different. I dont want everything to turn into a smooth ride with onboard audio.
Totally agree (a couple days late, sorry). Which is why I love wood coasters so much! When can we expect to see a wood coaster in WDW:ROFLOL:? Maybe the fabled "Cheese" coaster:lol:!?

Totally off topic...
If you ever want to ride an amazing wood coaster, come to Bristol, Connecticut. Across the street from ESPN is Lake Compounce (the oldest amusement park in the US... and it kind of shows). Despite an otherwise lackluster collection of amusements, it has Boulderdash, the most fun I personally have ever had on a coaster.
Sorry for the digression...
carry on.

WDITrent

Well faster means more capacity but slower better builds up the anticipation so it just depends on the person. But a silent lift just adds to the experience and is a better fit for a "space" ride IMO. So hopefully the reports are correct.
I'm not saying I don't like the slower lift, I'm just saying that it's considerably slower than EE. I think the slower lifts are great for Disneyland's Space Mountain, especially the third lift.

Brian Noble

faster means more capacity
Not necessarily----faster dispatch times means more capacity. But, the lift hill time may not be the rate-limiting step to capacity, unless it also happens to be the block that takes the longest time for a train to clear.

Some more recent installations have a variable speed lift based on how trains are running the overall course, to keep the "lift block" about the same length as the rest of them. Millennium Force at Cedar Point does this---there are three trains and only four blocks: lift, ready brakes, unload, and load. You want the train to clear the lift at almost exactly the same time that the train ahead of it clears ready to unload. Any faster, and you have a block violation (and a Bad Thing). Any slower, and you reduce capacity.

IlikeDW

I don't even want to know what that is.:lookaroun:lol:

Did someone say pre furby

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom