Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

SirGoofy

The revolving tunnel effect with the galaxy projection thing on the second lift hill at Disneyland is where the CO2 effect is also used. The CO2 smoke helps the lighting effects transform, and helps the digital projections to be seen as you move up the lift.

So, if "CO2" is being incorporated as a special effect for the updated WDW version, then I had assumed that the lift hill revolving tunnel thing would be added to WDW.

Unless someone here can tell us something different besides the lift hill effects from Disneyland that they would use CO2 for in the WDW version?

I remember one of the insiders saying it wasn't happening, but we would be receiving upgrades to our existing lift scenes. Which is what I've heard from my paltry sources.

drmj1228

anti-cascading mechanism

An anti-cascading mechanism is a series of machines that keeps the ride from cascading...ride cascade stops are the main reason that space mountain breaksdown...a ride cascade stop is the following: there are only 4 spots at unload that will hold rockets if the 4th brake is being help by a rocket then the next rocket coming in gets stuck in the brake in zone 15 then the next train gets stopped in the brake in zone 14 and so on and so on "cascading" through the ride...we then have to go out and push the rocckets down the track...this anti-cascading mechanism will be like booster packs that push the rockets out of the brakes into the ride when the rocket ahead of it clears the zone

goodtimes5286

An anti-cascading mechanism is a series of machines that keeps the ride from cascading...ride cascade stops are the main reason that space mountain breaksdown...a ride cascade stop is the following: there are only 4 spots at unload that will hold rockets if the 4th brake is being help by a rocket then the next rocket coming in gets stuck in the brake in zone 15 then the next train gets stopped in the brake in zone 14 and so on and so on "cascading" through the ride...we then have to go out and push the rocckets down the track...this anti-cascading mechanism will be like booster packs that push the rockets out of the brakes into the ride when the rocket ahead of it clears the zone

Thank-you, and great way to stay on topic, thumbs up....:hammer:.....well thats sort of a thumb

hokielutz

The CO2 effect sounds pretty sweet...as does the rest of the list...lets hope for the best.

Is Al Gore really going to allow Disney to have a CO2 effect?? :rolleyes: What is it going to do to the carbon levels inside the mountain?? Will Cap-n-Trade affect future mountain operations etc...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
There`s some thought that the timeframe isn`t long enough as it is. We may have another SSE, HM or PotC where remidial work continues past the opening date, so I wouldn`t plan on an early opening.
So wait, there is remidial work on SSE. :D

:drevil:

it would be better looking than this

:hurl: yuck!
look at the boy sitting alone

This would be a much better move:

mousesurplus_rockets.jpg

compare!

ignore the stuff in the side by side seating

would you like the line to move faster or not?

and heavier trains could make it go faster!
Yes, but this disney and SM fan likes the single seating. Keep WDW unique.

Welcome to the site. Seems you and Martin have some conflicting reports. That makes for interesting threads.

who's merf?
OH BOY

O ok.Was he exciting!
He was a very spirited and sensative... and ill leave it at that. :D

WDITrent

Ah, I love reverse psycology.

Anyway, about this CO2 effect? Weird. Could this be part of the reason no one can capture projections in fan videos?

the-reason14

Judging a coaster from video is kind of like judging a perspective love interest from a 'film' ... sure you get an idea of what's coming your way, but it's all in the ride.:eek:

~Let's see ...~

Hmmm ok, and still after all of that, it still looks really boring minus the supposed smoothness and the better effects.

bennyw01

theres no doubt single seating will stay considering time frame of the refurb as well as track supports, also are we forgetting theyd have to remove certain tunnels off the ride. thats one sacrifice i wouldnt be willing to make :king:

Grim Grinner

Someone asked if someone was born before....

Someone asked if anyone here was born before the mid-80's...

I was born in 1974, a good year I think.

Last September, the light came up while I was on Space Mountain. The amount of electrical tape holding up stuff made the subsequent rides more terrifying that any other theme park experience I can think of. This classic needs some tender loving care.

I hope the post-show doesn't disappear completely after the refurb. Like the conveyor at the end of Pirates, it brings back a whole lot of memories.

Any word on an audio change for inside the cue or load area?

I fear that the load area will be enclosed like at Disneyland.

Now back to my continued lurking. Again, I tip my hat (if I wore one) to everyone who has made this one of the most interesting series of posts in awhile.

bennyw01

I heard they were putting a new re entry tunnel.Pretty similar to disneyland's

who said that? i didnt know that, i thought the refurb kept most of the original ride intact merely update old visuals and technology so it keeps its original charm just brings it up to speed in terms of keeping the rider comfy and entertained. either way structurely i doubt SM could hold the two seater cars, theres no point comparing it to other SM's cause there all different ridden them around the world fingers crossed WDW's will keep its originality i hate distrubing the WHAMMY BABY! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom