Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

kcnole

I heard that magicmaya just repeats anything he/she reads online somewhere and claims to have heard it from their source.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I heard that magicmaya just repeats anything he/she reads online somewhere and claims to have heard it from their source.
Only time will tell. Everyone on here has someone that they trust... so it is hard when people have conflicting reports.

Also, it is hard to gauge when budgets and plans change so much. It someone kept a log of "who said what", we could solve easily. I dont think anyone wants to do that though.

hokielutz

So, after browsing through all 240+ posts here, the general understanding is the configuration stays the same, some of the tracks will be replaced, or most will be replaced/augmented. But the general support structure of the entire ride will not be touched?

If so, then how many years can we expect the structure to continue holding up the ride before stress, age, and possibly slight defects in the raw materials from 1970 will cause a NEED to perform a rebuilding effort on the ride?
15-20 yrs?

spaceghost

Well, assuming that WDW Insider is legit his/her info in the O.P. says:

"Significant track and structure upgrades"

I would take that to mean general support structure will be, you know, upgraded. :D

magicmaya

OMG.I'm new here and i read about the new entry tunnel two weeks before i joined the site.Before i even knew this sight existed.How about i post something up about myself so people would stop bothering me and trying to prove my wrong. I'v been a disney fan for ten years and these disney fans are being rude to someone they just met...ME!!! I didnt do anything to you guys so why are you saying such hurtful things if i just got here.Give me a break...i'v only been here 3 days.I was saying my opinion and what i heard and what not.If you guys think about something other than disney for at least 5 minutes you won't be this rude to other people or you can wash your face from being on the computer for 20+ hours.Im not saying not to be a disney fan because i am one i love disney with all of my heart.Im just sayin have a heart.You could love me or hate me but i only say these things ef people dont have a heart! I thought people were mean on yahoo answers!!! I'v only been here 3 days and you already ed me off.

magicmaya

who said that? i didnt know that, i thought the refurb kept most of the original ride intact merely update old visuals and technology so it keeps its original charm just brings it up to speed in terms of keeping the rider comfy and entertained. either way structurely i doubt SM could hold the two seater cars, theres no point comparing it to other SM's cause there all different ridden them around the world fingers crossed WDW's will keep its originality i hate distrubing the WHAMMY BABY! :D

I never said that.Why did you put i heard.I would never put that if i didnt know that was happening.BTW in that episode of southpark that was so not funny how mickey attaked joe.Silly goose.You must be seeing things.

magicmaya

You must be seeing things.I never put i heard.You must have saw that through your contact lense. I heard you are messing with the wrong person right now.You clearly dont want to say this to me face to face.

SirGoofy

BTW in that episode of southpark that was so not funny how mickey attaked joe.

You're right it wasn't funny, it was hilarious.

Anyway, as far as I've heard we are not getting DL's re-entry. I'm just curious what upgrades will be going into the lift scene. I'm still hoping for some movement from the space station.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm just curious what upgrades will be going into the lift scene.
So far as I Know, it will be cleaned, updated, possible have some AAs and Alpha and Omega will both get silent lifts with trackside audio you can hear.

Timon

I hope the post-show doesn't disappear completely after the refurb. Like the conveyor at the end of Pirates, it brings back a whole lot of memories.

Conveyor? The WDW Pirates always unloaded at the lower level.

Trivia: There used to be a "Barker Bird" in the unload area warning you about the "Moving Gangplank" who later promoted to out front of Pirates to squawk about the ride until the Captain Jack Sparrow rehab when the bird was retired. The load area used to have a left and right loading channel but was reduced to just one for some reason.

huntzilla

Conveyor? The WDW Pirates always unloaded at the lower level.

Trivia: There used to be a "Barker Bird" in the unload area warning you about the "Moving Gangplank" who later promoted to out front of Pirates to squawk about the ride until the Captain Jack Sparrow rehab when the bird was retired. The load area used to have a left and right loading channel but was reduced to just one for some reason.

The birds name was Peg Legged Pete and he can still be found in the World of Disney store in downtown disney.

magicmaya

It was official news

its a really cheap effect.Just reflectors on the wall.Just look at this:

148466233_228e041a83.jpg

It works to.It looks like real stars when the lights are not on.:ROFLOL:

just like this.

Not this cheap red stuff

it looks like my local waterslide
It's cheap and it looks cheap.

this is what i heard from my aunt about the re entry tunnel.NOT THE COMPUTER.my aunt is to pretty to look like the computer.Or website!

magicmaya

Look at this picture.This is a picture of what wpace mountain was going to look like...i wish it did!

Space_Port_Sketch_mcginnis_lg.jpg

Sorry it took up so much space I thought this picture was very interesting.

SirGoofy

So far as I Know, it will be cleaned, updated, possible have some AAs and Alpha and Omega will both get silent lifts with trackside audio you can hear.

AAs!!!!?

*Has a fanboy pass out moment*

I'm better now. Sounds great if it's all true. The silent lift is especially needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom