Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

WDW1974

O ok.Was he exciting!

Dunno ... he posted on another Disney site I am on and he never seemed overly special to me.

Apparently he p1ssed off the wrong (or maybe the right) people here and now his name gets tossed around quite a bit.

I need to get TDLFAN posting here ... then I can sit back and enjoy the fun!

~Coming Soon to WDW: .... ... .... ... ... ...

CBOMB

I don't recall him here ... but he posted on LP.com and I really don't recall him being over the top at all. We would have likely butted heads otherwise!

~MERF: Mickey's Excellent Ravishing Friend~
He was a different person over here. I think he knew he would be in for it over at LP. I'm sure he sensed who the Alpha Male was. Lee, and Marni are much to nice to destroy a person on line. NOT that you would ever do such a thing.
Isn't fugu some type of sushi-fish?

~Don't like fishies~
Yes, with very poisonous organs. If not prepared properly there is a good chance that death will be the outcome.

CBOMB

Dunno ... he posted on another Disney site I am on and he never seemed overly special to me.

Apparently he p1ssed off the wrong (or maybe the right) people here and now his name gets tossed around quite a bit.

I need to get TDLFAN posting here ... then I can sit back and enjoy the fun!

~Coming Soon to WDW: .... ... .... ... ... ...
TDLFAN would be banned within the week, but it would be a fun week.

Merf went nuts I think. He practically begged Steve to ban him. This went on for a long time. I don't know how Steve put up with it for as long as he did. I don't know if Mousermerf is posting anywhere now. He quit posting at LP shortly after he was banned here.

WDW1974

He was a different person over here. I think he knew he would be in for it over at LP. I'm sure he sensed who the Alpha Male was. Lee, and Marni are much to nice to destroy a person on line. NOT that you would ever do such a thing.

Never. I'd much rather pull apart a person who I actually know and has it coming.

I know I am such a nice guy here that you wouldn't expect it, but when forced I am quite good at tearing one's humanity away layer by layer.

I reserve that for those who truly have it coming ... :)

Yes, with very poisonous organs. If not prepared properly there is a good chance that death will be the outcome.

So, you are comparing me to a poisonous fishie?

I kinda like that!

~Where's MERF?~

WDW1974

TDLFAN would be banned within the week, but it would be a fun week.

true ... can you imagine his 'tude with all the fanbois?

it would be like Sarah Palin as mayor of San Francisco.

But the man knows his stuff ... there is NO ONE in the world that I know (and that includes people who work for Disney) that have been spending so much time the past two decades in ALL of the international parks while living near WDW.

I can hold my own with him in terms of WDW and its history. And I can outdo him on DL visits and history ... as well as inside WDI knowledge ... but there just isn't anyone who can talk with authority about the foreign resorts like he can. No one.

Boy would he be hated here ... I gotta work on him!

Merf went nuts I think. He practically begged Steve to ban him. This went on for a long time. I don't know how Steve put up with it for as long as he did. I don't know if Mousermerf is posting anywhere now. He quit posting at LP shortly after he was banned here.

Interesting ... sometimes you do need to step away ... especially if you have a life.

Taking four months off from ANY Disney site last year did wonders for me ... recharged my batteries ... allowed me to come back here and actually enjoy it.

~Yes, I am hot under the collar. My AC died!~

Vernonpush

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
~I'm old enough to remember when Space Mountain was kewl~

Hah ... no, but it was when CoP was a 'free' attraction (no ticket/coupon needed ... it was also when we had become cynical enough that instead of a "There's a Big, Bright Beautiful Tomorrow' ... it was 'Now is the Best Time of Your Life' ... it was also when the T-Land was a very groovy combo of purple, pink, yellow and orange.

Yep, the future sure was something to behold in the 1970s.

~Other than CBOMB, Martin and Lee, anyone here born before the mid-80s?~

Any one else here born before the '60s? :lol: :lookaroun

WDW1974

Why did I have to start a conversation about Merf?
Im changing the subject back to space mountain.

That's OK ... You will find that threads here are very conversational and often go off in many different directions and then get back on track ... or not ... or they do for a while ... and then they don't.

Besides, there's not a whole lot left to be said about Space Mountain at this point ... except bring on the construction workers already!

~Space Mountain was once a ride in the dark~

magicmaya

What do you think the new queue should look like.How about something you cant see at any other disney park.All of the other queues are clones.Check these pictures out

tokyo

cali

florida is allready different.They need to just pump pump pump pump it up.Just keep the music please.

CBOMB

Any one else here born before the '60s? :lol: :lookaroun
:wave:
true ... can you imagine his 'tude with all the fanbois?

it would be like Sarah Palin as mayor of San Francisco.

But the man knows his stuff ... there is NO ONE in the world that I know (and that includes people who work for Disney) that have been spending so much time the past two decades in ALL of the international parks while living near WDW.

I can hold my own with him in terms of WDW and its history. And I can outdo him on DL visits and history ... as well as inside WDI knowledge ... but there just isn't anyone who can talk with authority about the foreign resorts like he can. No one.

Boy would he be hated here ... I gotta work on him!

~Yes, I am hot under the collar. My AC died!~
The Sarah Palin analogy is perfect. I could even picture TDLFAN in those red stiletto pumps!

Tell him I'll send him a pin-up of me on my ECV if he'll post over here.
He definetly is a wealth of knowledge, and a great guy if you accept him for what he is.

WDITrent

Why did I have to start a conversation about Merf?
Im changing the subject back to space mountain.
Good luck... I've heard getting back on topic is pretty difficult to do around WDWMagic- and even when you do, they'll get right back off topic again. :)

See, watch:

Is anything planned for the lift area? Now it is open to the rest of the ride.

Vernonpush

the 60s?!??!

Did you have electricty and plumbing back then in your cave?

Just wondering ...

~Feeling younger by the minute~
We didn't even have a cave!:lol:

I got one.Did you guys use leaves as plates and were your tires made out of stone.

Plates, tires - hadn't been invented.:lol:

Good luck... I've heard getting back on topic is pretty difficult to do around WDWMagic- and even when you do, they'll get right back off topic again. :)

See, watch:

It will have to be open to TTA, since they occupy the same area. :shrug:

magicmaya

See, watch:

I dont know but they need to do something about it.I heard they were going to put the revolving tunnel effect that disneyland has.:cool:

TP2000

I heard they were going to put the revolving tunnel effect that disneyland has.:cool:

The revolving tunnel effect with the galaxy projection thing on the second lift hill at Disneyland is where the CO2 effect is also used. The CO2 smoke helps the lighting effects transform, and helps the digital projections to be seen as you move up the lift.

So, if "CO2" is being incorporated as a special effect for the updated WDW version, then I had assumed that the lift hill revolving tunnel thing would be added to WDW.

Unless someone here can tell us something different besides the lift hill effects from Disneyland that they would use CO2 for in the WDW version?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom