Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

WDW1974

Not another one of these rants again! If I ever catch you in the park I'm gonna run you down with my suv!:p

What kind of rant would you like? You know I aim to please ...

And you won't be able to run me down since I'll get those sneakers with the wheels in them (that all the brats in my 'hood seem to think are uber-kewl) and I'll tag along behind you as you clear a path for me by running over anything and anyone in your way!

~Buicks make great ECVs~

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1974
~I'm old enough to remember when Space Mountain was kewl~
That was when Act 1 of CoP was considered contemporary, right?

Hah ... no, but it was when CoP was a 'free' attraction (no ticket/coupon needed ... it was also when we had become cynical enough that instead of a "There's a Big, Bright Beautiful Tomorrow' ... it was 'Now is the Best Time of Your Life' ... it was also when the T-Land was a very groovy combo of purple, pink, yellow and orange.

Yep, the future sure was something to behold in the 1970s.

~Other than CBOMB, Martin and Lee, anyone here born before the mid-80s?~

magicmaya

OK, I see you are a newbie so I'll be very gentle.

I was being sarcastic. It happens with me naturally (probably not enough fiber in my diet).

Walt 'the dead guy' Disney is one of my personal heros.

And, no, while Bob Iger's policies may take some magic away from the 'Disney brand' he'd never ever say anything like that, even in private. It was that dead guy's legacy that has made Iger an incredibly wealthy powerbroker.

~Welcome to the MAGIC!~

O sorry

Thanks.You were like the second person to say welcome

WDW1974

Or Act 4 was futuristic...

there again my oven still dosn`t talk.

Do you talk to it?

Do you tell it that you love it?

Do you tell it how good it looks?

Do you tell how it fills your emptiness (or your sadness when Disney decides to NOT build another attraction in FLA)?

Do you tell it that you really don't prefer the fridge or the microwave, that you only have eyes for said oven?

~Love my toaster!~

Captain Chaos

No, they are replacing the track for a smoother ride. The track support structure will remain essentially the same. The original plan was to rip the whole lot out, build from scratch and be able to use heavier trains with the batteries needed for SoundTracker, but the budget got slashed. There was never a firm plan to have side by seating. That would mean starting again from scratch, something that wouldn`t happen in current circumstances.

Beastly Kingdome and Mount Fuji could happen. But they won`t.

The support structure is how old now??? Can it really stand up a few more years of taking a beating??? are they at least going to reinforce it?

CBOMB

Hang around here long enough and you`ll see.
I sense encounters with WDW1974 in the future! :D
What kind of rant would you like? You know I aim to please ...

And you won't be able to run me down since I'll get those sneakers with the wheels in them (that all the brats in my 'hood seem to think are uber-kewl) and I'll tag along behind you as you clear a path for me by running over anything and anyone in your way!

~Buicks make great ECVs~
Every young brat I know has at least one pair of those Heelys, and yes Buick is my choice for automobiles, and ECVs! How did you know?

WDW1974

O sorry

Thanks.You were like the second person to say welcome

No worries.

You'll likely either love me or hate me very quickly as I am an acquired taste!

But I will never be unkind to a newbie ... enjoy the place, relax, put your feet up, pour a nice iced beverage, put on some music ...

~Just like spinach~

magicmaya

Im so excited.I hope disney does not half to the work though.Since they put all their effort in disneyland's we deserve something too. I hope its really fun!:sohappy::):ROFLOL::kiss::p:cool::wave::animwink:;):lol:

sorry I went overboard

Whenever i ride space mountain I feel like im going back in time.Why not call tomorrowland yesterdayland!

magicmaya

No worries.

You'll likely either love me or hate me very quickly as I am an acquired taste!

But I will never be unkind to a newbie ... enjoy the place, relax, put your feet up, pour a nice iced beverage, put on some music ...

~Just like spinach~

I allready have my feet up Im laying on my bed with a laptop:ROFLOL:
And im drinking lemonade.And im listening to space mountain disneyland music!(im not lieing)

WDW1974

If only Merf was still around... :lookaroun

I don't recall him here ... but he posted on LP.com and I really don't recall him being over the top at all. We would have likely butted heads otherwise!

~MERF: Mickey's Excellent Ravishing Friend~

WDW1974

I allready have my feet up Im laying on my bed with a laptop:ROFLOL:
And im drinking lemonade.And im listening to space mountain disneyland music!(im not lieing)

Sounds like a lazy Sunday afternoon ...

I'm not overly into Disney parks music ... but I do have the amazing six CD boxed set that came out for DL's 50th ... some great tracks on that!

~Those fries were lousy~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom