Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

EPCOT Explorer

But really, more like this:

picture.php

PAINT FAIL

:dazzle:
Ewwwww...:lol:

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of those lightpoles. Bad show.:dazzle:

hpyhnt 1000

Just to throw my opinion into this, I actually like our Space Mountain the way it is (at least as far as the exterior design). Could it use a new lighting package? Absolutely. Some nice LED lights with the ability to change color and possibly animate and "dance" would be amazing. Does it need to be repainted? Desperately, and I hope both this and the lights happen.

With that being said, I would prefer to see absolutely NONE of the gaudy adornments that DLPs Space Mountain receieved. There's a fine line between adding details or enhancements and just sticking random spires and shapes and framework onto a building. Less is more, and ultimately, I think its more futuristic (its still TOMORROWLAND after all, even if little else reflects that). One of the common complaints with Epcot's Future World is that there's too much "clutter" that doesn't look futuristic or attractive (circus tents, whirly gigs, the wand (when it existed), LaL (to an extent)). Keep SM simple; new paint and lights? Yes. More spires and other "clutter"? NO!

JWG

I'm going to guess that no exterior work of significance happens during this refurb. Prove me wrong Disney... I dare you...

marsrunner

Ah, yes. The towering off-white spires of majestic Space Mountain.

Hey, at least they never painted the WDW one like this:

2532800302_af4cc3f3f3.jpg

"Mom, somebody threw up on Space Mountain." :hurl:

Lee

Adventurer
Oddly enough, I kinda liked the copper Space Mtn.
Of course, I liked the whole Tomorrowland '98 concept, if not the execution. Had the budget ax not fallen on it, it would have been great.

But then...it wasn't 2055 either....:rolleyes:

2055 =
drooling-6.gif

EPCOT Explorer

Seriously.

We LITERALLY have 70's Pool Lights lighting our Space Mountain.

:dazzle:
Fail.:dazzle:

It would look dazzling if they would light it all in a sparkling white.
Just to throw my opinion into this, I actually like our Space Mountain the way it is (at least as far as the exterior design). Could it use a new lighting package? Absolutely. Some nice LED lights with the ability to change color and possibly animate and "dance" would be amazing. Does it need to be repainted? Desperately, and I hope both this and the lights happen.

With that being said, I would prefer to see absolutely NONE of the gaudy adornments that DLPs Space Mountain receieved. There's a fine line between adding details or enhancements and just sticking random spires and shapes and framework onto a building. Less is more, and ultimately, I think its more futuristic (its still TOMORROWLAND after all, even if little else reflects that). One of the common complaints with Epcot's Future World is that there's too much "clutter" that doesn't look futuristic or attractive (circus tents, whirly gigs, the wand (when it existed), LaL (to an extent)). Keep SM simple; new paint and lights? Yes. More spires and other "clutter"? NO!
Affirmed!:D

But I kinda like DLP's SM. Looks very 1920's Futuristic.

Hurmm...Gold. It looks okay, but I wouldn't want it.:lol:

Jasonflz

:veryconfu It looks like a giant penny if it was really faded in terms of color.

EpcotServo

It looks like a giant pewter model that's been sitting in the sun too long.

Hmmm. I didn't mind it, but DL's does look better white.

Not to mention the pure bliss inside that makes me run through the queue and stumble outside in a drunken splendor after the dazzling ride inside...

sighhhh....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom