Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

EpcotServo

Just some random photos from Tokyo and Hong Kong to express my annoyance that we probably won't get a nice external lighting package. :rolleyes:
tokyodisney2008_212.jpg

space+mountain+night.jpg

Way to cheer me up, LEE!
:rolleyes::brick::lol:

Seriously though, ANY chance they'll atleast paint the bottom half so I can stop calling it "Two-Tan Mountain"?

Animaniac93-98

So who's going to City Hall in 3 days to hear the wacky complaints? I want all the dirt on the tourists who think they can get a free meal or discount hotel room out of an attraction closure.

Lee

Adventurer
Way to cheer me up, LEE!
:rolleyes::brick::lol:
Seriously though, ANY chance they'll atleast paint the bottom half so I can stop calling it "Two-Tan Mountain"?
I know, I know....
I just happened to be over on Robb Alvey's site and saw that Tokyo photo and had a moment of frustration.
Paint...since I haven't heard it being ruled out...sure, it's possible.
That would probably be the cheapest part of the whole refurb. Heck, I volunteer to help paint and hook up some lights for the outside. Free. Well maybe not free....I'm gonna need some Dole whip goodness.

EpcotServo

I know, I know....
I just happened to be over on Robb Alvey's site and saw that Tokyo photo and had a moment of frustration.
Paint...since I haven't heard it being ruled out...sure, it's possible.
That would probably be the cheapest part of the whole refurb. Heck, I volunteer to help paint and hook up some lights for the outside. Free. Well maybe not free....I'm gonna need some Dole whip goodness.

Where do I sign? It's honestly embarrassing.

What? That dim, half brown half white thing in the darkness over there? Oh yea, THAT'S SPACE MOUNTAIN.

:dazzle:

Lee

Adventurer
Lee will be paid 1.67 Dole Whips an hour for painting and screwing on lightbulbs.

Throw in a room at the Poly and you have a deal.:D
I'll supply my own paint roller.
Explorer seems in, to that's two on the crew. Martin would probably be game for helping a couple days this fall, so I think we could get it done.

Timon

Yeah the other "junior" Space Mountains have cool lighting and maybe some day Disney will treat the Original and Full Size Space Mountain with the respect it deserves. At least we have views like this:
picture.php

Animaniac93-98

Explorer seems in, to that's two on the crew. Martin would probably be game for helping a couple days this fall, so I think we could get it done.

Fine, you 3 can share a room at Poly (and fight over who gets stuck on the daybed) and BYO paint rollers.

Remember to whistle while you work!

magicmaya

You know what I thought about? I thought that if they keep refurbing it like the "original" will it be out dated forever? We can't keep a dated SM forever.Then it would be really horrible.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah the other "junior" Space Mountains have cool lighting and maybe some day Disney will treat the Original and Full Size Space Mountain with the respect it deserves. At least we have views like this

Yeah...that's kinda pretty, and all....but I prefer this view myself:
3352403222_85e8205069.jpg

Vernonpush

Lee will be paid 1.67 Dole Whips an hour for painting and screwing on lightbulbs.

Fine, you 3 can share a room at Poly (and fight over who gets stuck on the daybed) and BYO paint rollers.

Remember to whistle while you work!

I have friends who live 7 min. outside of WDW (I don't need a place to stay). I know how to brush, roll, and spray paint I will join the cause. But the biggest problem is the lighting. I can do that too!
Together we can change The World - for the better!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin would probably be game for helping a couple days this fall, so I think we could get it done.
Oh go on then. You`ll have to find a ladder - I heard WDW has a few here and there. Then it can look halfway like this:

2072129066_cdce964886.jpg

space-mountain-01.jpg

250164335MgbfTq_ph.jpg

And that`s without seeing the animation of the lighting during and after each car launches (nor the set props moving for the actual launch)

EPCOT Explorer

I'm down. Poly is my 1st choice too.:D

Once we finish SM, we can hit up EPCOT for SSE's triangles and then onto PI to reopen the AC.:D

magicmaya

I have friends who live 7 min. outside of WDW (I don't need a place to stay). I know how to brush, roll, and spray paint I will join the cause. But the biggest problem is the lighting. I can do that too!
Together we can change The World - for the better!

I'm actually thinking of spray painting the roof silver.Now that would look like a real space ship.Then putting blue and green LED lighting on it.All we have to do is wear all white and we will blend right into the mountain while we are doing the work.That's my plan of fixing space mountain.And disney will be too lazy to change it back to the way it was.

EpcotServo

Yeah the other "junior" Space Mountains have cool lighting and maybe some day Disney will treat the Original and Full Size Space Mountain with the respect it deserves. At least we have views like this:
picture.php

But really, more like this:

picture.php

PAINT FAIL

:dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom