Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

muteki

I would like new lighting, and some (white) paint. Nothing to drastic, as it alone maintains that Old Tomorrowland look, and I don't know if I would like to see it changed significantly.

DLPs of course fits well with its surroundings, but I will always love the simple lines of MKSM, even if that is in stark contrast to its neighboring buildings.

magicmaya

It looks white, they changed it back...
:lol:

And if you're talking about lighting...Trust me.

You want it to look like Disneyland's at night.
:D

I like how the ridges on the roof of disneyland's space mountain are more spread out.It would be easier to put lighting on it if the ridges were spread out instead of close together.

Lee

Adventurer
It looks like a giant pewter model that's been sitting in the sun too long.
Yeah, it faded quickly and didn't look so swell the last few months it was that color.
That's what they get for trying to have the Discoveryland look on the cheap.
Never did look great from any angle, even Main St.

Attachments

• d2img013.gif
    d2img013.gif
    89.4 KB · Views: 100

magicmaya

Im kinda embarrised about our space mountain.My aunt went to orland with us and she is used to riding DL's space mountain.When she saw DW's she started talking about it and cursing.I wish I could volunteer to help with the refurb.I would even do jobs I wasn't told to do.

magicmaya

Why can't we just have a cool space mountain!:fork::fork:

cool poster
cool pictures
cool walkway
cool space port

Disney Please! Our space mountain could be cool if you think about all of your disney theme parks.If you stop spending all of your money on stuff that people don't like we could have the GOOD and the FIRST space mountain.I used to live in anaheim but Stop focusing on disneyland and think about disney World for 5 years.Disneyland's 50th celebration is over.It's about to turn 54 and it's OVER disney! So please let WDW get the TLC it needs. Not a half A**** SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!:fork:

Much better to get that out of my system!

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, it faded quickly and didn't look so swell the last few months it was that color.
That's what they get for trying to have the Discoveryland look on the cheap.
Never did look great from any angle, even Main St.

Ironically it blends with that brick building.:lol::lookaroun

CrashNet

I like how the ridges on the roof of disneyland's space mountain are more spread out.It would be easier to put lighting on it if the ridges were spread out instead of close together.
What's sad is Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom actually already has all of that lighting up there. They just don't use it except on Halloween Party nights... :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What's sad is Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom actually already has all of that lighting up there. They just don't use it except on Halloween Party nights... :(
I thought that was a temporary install in 2005. Certainly wasn`t used in 07 or 08.

magicmaya

What a waste of money.I rather see a light show on the top of space mountain than that crappy stitch show that they are building.

Arch Angel

Banned
Why can't we just have a cool space mountain!:fork::fork:

cool poster
cool pictures
cool walkway
cool space port

Disney Please! Our space mountain could be cool if you think about all of your disney theme parks.If you stop spending all of your money on stuff that people don't like we could have the GOOD and the FIRST space mountain.I used to live in anaheim but Stop focusing on disneyland and think about disney World for 5 years.Disneyland's 50th celebration is over.It's about to turn 54 and it's OVER disney! So please let WDW get the TLC it needs. Not a half A**** SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!:fork:

Much better to get that out of my system!

If you want a cool space mountain you need to:

A) Start writing/emailing Disney
B) Stop going to the parks/buying merchandise

This is the only way they will give the people what they want.

Posting on a forum isn't going to get there attention. Believe me I've tried:(

Im kinda embarrised about our space mountain.My aunt went to orland with us and she is used to riding DL's space mountain.When she saw DW's she started talking about it and cursing.I wish I could volunteer to help with the refurb.I would even do jobs I wasn't told to do.
I agree. WDW had the first Space Mountain, although I like classic rides Disney can do a lot with this and lets hope they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom