No
If I thought it would have worked....:shrug:
*sigh*
People are so stingy with their information these days. Boring.:rolleyes:
I'm not stingy with my information! :king:

I just don't know anything particularly "secret" Disney-related. :shrug:

jt04

No mention of Stitch!? I'll sleep well now.:snore:

Nobody wants to talk about SSE so I think that is a good sign. If nothing was happening I think an "insider" would tell us.

WDW1974

I can confirm that much of what the OP said appears to be fact.

Apparently, there's a document going around ... at least certain people have claimed to have seen it.

I still don't buy the open for the holidays timeline ... even if that's Phil Holmes' Christmas wish. I've heard soft openings by Februrary 'if we're lucky.'

~RCA Leads The Way~

Expo_Seeker40

Moog Music....in digital sound......queue windows that look out into space....enhanced.....could the astronauts actually move this time? *has fanboy overload* :D :lookaroun

dsnyfreak

im so happpy someone else feels the same way I do about the gift shop!!:sohappy: HSM and HM :hurl:belong at Hollywood Studios!!
I hope the post show refurbishment means getting rid of those tacky, Wal-Martesque (no, I'm not using a WDW1974 term) cameras and monitors. Also, I hope the Arcade Refurbishment means nixing the arcade and adding a themed Space Mountain gift shop with *gasp* SPACE MOUNTAIN products in it instead of HSM and Hannah Montana crap.

DisneyPrincess5

I hope the post show refurbishment means getting rid of those tacky, Wal-Martesque (no, I'm not using a WDW1974 term) cameras and monitors. Also, I hope the Arcade Refurbishment means nixing the arcade and adding a themed Space Mountain gift shop with *gasp* SPACE MOUNTAIN products in it instead of HSM and Hannah Montana crap.

:wave:
I've always wondered...do those cameras actually tape you? Like are there stakes of tapes somewhere in a warehouse? Or are they just meant to be "fun" and show you your horrific humid Florida hair, or your pasty completion? :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:wave:
I've always wondered...do those cameras actually tape you? Like are there stakes of tapes somewhere in a warehouse? Or are they just meant to be "fun" and show you your horrific humid Florida hair, or your pasty completion? :lookaroun
They don`t tape you.

There would be an awful lot of tapes dating back to 1975 - when it WAS futuristic to see yourself on a colour TV screen.

That's very good to hear.
I'm happy that WDW will be plussing the experience to 21st Century standards while keeping the original "flavor" that made Space Mountain so great in the first place. There are definitely many aspects of the ride worth preserving!!
No need to completely gut it ala Disneyland, IMHO. I wasn't very impressed with the Cali Space Mountain. It struck me as too cold & non-whimsical. Plus, the track layout wasn't as good as Florida.

:)

drmj1228

Sorry but...

I am sorry to say but as a member of the tomorrowland community and a cast member that works at Space Mountain I am going to have to say that management is keeping hush hush on what is actually happening but have given us garuntees on what is NOT happening.

Confirmed NOT to happen:
  • Ride Audio
  • Arcade Refurbishment
Most of the things that have been confirmed have to deal with a upgrade of the track but not a change in the track as well as upgrade in the controls that is all.

hardcard

I'm betting the plan is to have SOME of the list done by November so that they can open for the holiday season.. and have the rest finished (with a 2nd shutdown) in early 2010.. Thats similar to what was done with SSE..

WDWFigment

I can confirm that much of what the OP said appears to be fact.

Apparently, there's a document going around ... at least certain people have claimed to have seen it.

I still don't buy the open for the holidays timeline ... even if that's Phil Holmes' Christmas wish. I've heard soft openings by Februrary 'if we're lucky.'

~RCA Leads The Way~

Same here. Oh well. Could have been like DL, but it`ll be better than TDL.

Wow, so maybe this guy really is in the know? :shrug:

Although, I recall some insiders saying that ReDisney's information sounded plausible, or at least that they couldn't discredit it. Hopefully this guy is actually in the know, though.

jt04

Wow, so maybe this guy really is in the know? :shrug:

Although, I recall some insiders saying that ReDisney's information sounded plausible, or at least that they couldn't discredit it. Hopefully this guy is actually in the know, though.

I find it interesting that Martin says this will be better than TDL. The pictures I have seen of that are very impressive so I am more optimistic than ever.

Brian Noble

when it WAS futuristic to see yourself on a colour TV screen.
My kids love those cameras. I'm not making this up. It was a big deal to them when they were finally tall enough to "make all three."

Seriously. I hang my head in shame that I've not raised 'em right but there you go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom