Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

SirGoofy

I kinda like the clacking of the lift hills for SM but now that they will be quieter it will make it easier to hear the screams of the rockets that fly right by the lift hills and even those out on other parts of the course. I'm pumped to see how this turns out.

Yea, but the silence adds to the idea of being in space. A space ship wouldn't clack as it sailed through space. Remember, in space, no one can hear you scream.:lookaroun

WDITrent

I just hold my breath :dazzle:

New Space Mountain to Land at Walt Disney World in 2009

Disney has confirmed the refurbishment of their classic ride, Space Mountain, which will close in mid-April and re-open in November.

"We're always looking to our classic rides and attractions in need of refreshment," says Rhonda Kendall of Team Disney Orlando. "Our guests will experience a new Space Mountain unlike any other, that will extend the ride length from three minutes to an hour. And now, to make it more convincing, our Imagineers have decided to completely take all of the oxygen out of the building, a process they call "Deoxygenation". This will increase the illusion of "hypersleep" the guests feel- or rather, don't feel in the ride. But of course, by the end guests will have been safely returned to Earth where oxygen abounds."

Rhonda Kendall said this and many other things about Disney's Animal Kingdom's new "Beastly Kingdom", coming in 2012.

Just amusing myself. :wave:

magicmaya

New Space Mountain to Land at Walt Disney World in 2009

Disney has confirmed the refurbishment of their classic ride, Space Mountain, which will close in mid-April and re-open in November.

"We're always looking to our classic rides and attractions in need of refreshment," says Rhonda Kendall of Team Disney Orlando. "Our guests will experience a new Space Mountain unlike any other, that will extend the ride length from three minutes to an hour. And now, to make it more convincing, our Imagineers have decided to completely take all of the oxygen out of the building, a process they call "Deoxygenation". This will increase the illusion of "hypersleep" the guests feel- or rather, don't feel in the ride. But of course, by the end guests will have been safely returned to Earth where oxygen abounds."

Rhonda Kendall said this and many other things about Disney's Animal Kingdom's new "Beastly Kingdom", coming in 2012.

Is this a dream. This is sooooooooooo cool.I cant wait to go to disney in 2010. Im going in two weeks to ride my last space mountain ride.

magicmaya

^Just making sure, magicmaya... it's fake, you know. :)

OOOOOOO.I feel so stupid and embarrised right now.I cant believe i fell for that.I will just keep it up there as a joke.:ROFLOL: I fell out my chair and scratched my arm.Im going to get some neosporin (however you spell it) < i feel stupid saying that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom