Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

Uncle Lupe

So Space Mountain is going to get cleaning, painting, reworked cue maybe and some needed welding but nothing extremely exciting?

DL's mansion looks like a REAL abandoned haunted house. Looks like Candyman is in there haunting the place.

WDW's mansion looks like a theme park ride. It's not authentic. You can even see the show building :ROFLOL:

Not to mention the fact that on WDW's HM, you can see every Chess Piece represented somewhere on the building... cute, but HUH? :confused:

Judy

imagineer boy

There are some subtle things they've added to the exterior of the HM in DL to make it look creepy despite its brigh paint job. They've had some black drapes hung over the enterance which helps some.

OMG if you've ever ridden the Space Mountain in Paris it puts the one's in Florida and California to shame!! Great effects, loops, and inversions!! Amazing!! I really hope that they put the music from Disneyland in Florida because it is tight!!!!!

magicmaya

Original Poster
OMG if you've ever ridden the Space Mountain in Paris it puts the one's in Florida and California to shame!! Great effects, loops, and inversions!! Amazing!! I really hope that they put the music from Disneyland in Florida because it is tight!!!!!

I've never ridden Paris's but I know for a fact that it blows Anaheim's right out of thee water! :ROFLOL:

DisneyGigi

So as far as predictions go.. What are the chances of a soft opening the week before? Say the 6th -15th?? Would love to be able to ride it this trip but am not getting my hopes up.
Also what about double seats? Did they scrap that too? I haven't made it through all 10 pages of the thread yet.

magicmaya

Original Poster
So as far as predictions go.. What are the chances of a soft opening the week before? Say the 6th -15th?? Would love to be able to ride it this trip but am not getting my hopes up.
Also what about double seats? Did they scrap that too? I haven't made it through all 10 pages of the thread yet.

I love double seating but I want our SM to be unique and not like anaheim's, tokyo's, and HK. They seem like they were all clones! But we have the one and the only Space Mountain Florida...minus the music and the cool effects that all of the other ones have :(

Slowjack

Too bad that would ruin people's vacations at WDW.:zipit:
Yeah, we get it, already. :) But I think you are missing part of the point. It's not just the potential for complaints that results in Disneyland getting more seasonal overlays. It's also that they have to cater to those locals. Even if no one complained when the Haunted Mansion (or whatever) was down, it's still the case that WDW gets most of its business from guests who are coming one a year or even less often. There's just not much benefit to overlays that would mainly benefit people coming multiple times per year.

SirGoofy

Yeah, we get it, already. :) But I think you are missing part of the point. It's not just the potential for complaints that results in Disneyland getting more seasonal overlays. It's also that they have to cater to those locals. Even if no one complained when the Haunted Mansion (or whatever) was down, it's still the case that WDW gets most of its business from guests who are coming one a year or even less often. There's just not much benefit to overlays that would mainly benefit people coming multiple times per year.

Oh no, I get it. I get it perfectly. I just think it's a complete BS excuse for not spending money.

EPCOT Explorer

The Mansion was originally going to look beat up and imposing but Walt refused. He said...

"We'll take care of the Outside, and let the Ghosts take care of the inside."

And that nothing should look beat up in Disneyland. In all of the other Disney Parks, the aesthetics are chosen carefully and has made some great stuff, including the cool imposingness and eerie look of ours.

But because of Walt, nothing looks like it hasn't been taken care of at Disneyland, including the Haunted Mansion!

It's easy to say "Ooo, this one's creepier", and that is a positive for ours, but the Haunted Mansion doesn't need to look scary (The prize for that attribute goes to Paris' foreboding Phantom Manor of course.) because it's THE HAUNTED MANSION.

It doesn't need to feel scary or creepy, you just have to take a look at it's welcoming front gates, and that creepy tower turret on top (Which you have to sit and watch at night, to see the Bride's candle floating back and forth...:D) to know that you're just a walk away from Marc Davis' hilarious characters, Rolly Crump's unusual odds and ends, Yale Gracey's baffling illusions, and of course Claude Coat's chilling chambers.

It's not a competition over which is scarier. It's about recognizing that while all of them don't have to compete- Disneyland will always have THE Haunted Mansion.
:sohappy:

Truer words have not been spoken in this thread! Haunted Mansion Holiday is the best thing since ever. Don't even get me started on how it looks during Holiday.
:lol: :D

I disagree with WALT DISNEY!:eek::ROFLOL:

I do.:lol::lookaroun I feel that it should look creepy on the outside, too, but that's just me.

Yeah, I agree with you. Your's fits the theme of NO and the South. WDW's fits LS and the North (HM Civil War!:lol:)....I just happen to like our setting better.

EpcotServo

I disagree with WALT DISNEY!:eek::ROFLOL:

I do.:lol::lookaroun I feel that it should look creepy on the outside, too, but that's just me.

Yeah, I agree with you. Your's fits the theme of NO and the South. WDW's fits LS and the North (HM Civil War!:lol:)....I just happen to like our setting better.

You have to remember that mine IS the WDW. That Mansion is where I's borns and raised to quote the rabbit.

:lol:

Just payin' it foreward to the Mansion that can't be beat.

Just trust me, the one life lesson I've learned from Disneyland: Never assume anything.

Everything changes when a WDW Kid sees Disneyland with his own eyes.

And then afterward you learn to appreciate what you have.

hpyhnt 1000

The banner inside visible from TTA is green, so maybe the new sign will be also...

Eww. :hurl: Green does not bring to mind thoughts about space and the future. How about a red and black motif? That would be pretty eye popping. But in all honesty, I think a silver with blue or orange accents would probably be the best look. :) It would tie into TL better than red and black, and certainly better than green.

EPCOT Explorer

Any pics of the building?
Seconded.
You have to remember that mine IS the WDW. That Mansion is where I's borns and raised to quote the rabbit.

Just payin' it foreward to the Mansion that can't be beat.

Just trust me, the one life lesson I've learned from Disneyland: Never assume anything.

Everything changes when a WDW Kid sees Disneyland with his own eyes.

And then afterward you learn to appreciate what you have.
Yeah, but youknowwhatImean, Mr. DL. :D

I would think that our Mansion wins, though, seeing we have the floating Leota...:D And it's newer (Refurbed/Maint/Etc) and all.:shrug:

And yes...I NEED to experience that. :eek: 2013 here yet?

Eww. :hurl: Green does not bring to mind thoughts about space and the future. How about a red and black motif? That would be pretty eye popping. But in all honesty, I think a silver with blue or orange accents would probably be the best look. :) It would tie into TL better than red and black, and certainly better than green.

Agreed...But SILVER. Thanks, bye.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom