Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

EpcotServo

Seconded.
Yeah, but youknowwhatImean, Mr. DL. :D

I would think that our Mansion wins, though, seeing we have the floating Leota...:D And it's newer (Refurbed/Maint/Etc) and all.:shrug:

And yes...I NEED to experience that. :eek: 2013 here yet?

Their Mansion gets refurbished and maintained every year thanks to HMH so it always looks great, it's already been two since years our rehab and it hasn't closed a day. If they don't keep it up with Rehabs, soon enough it'll be back to broken. And they have the Floating Leota too, theirs just broke first since they got it first.

*Waits for the inevitable broken and non-fixedness of Leota that I know will happen here too*

:lol:

imagineer boy

I disagree with WALT DISNEY!:eek::ROFLOL:

I do.:lol::lookaroun I feel that it should look creepy on the outside, too, but that's just me.

Yeah, I agree with you. Your's fits the theme of NO and the South. WDW's fits LS and the North (HM Civil War!:lol:)....I just happen to like our setting better.

I actually disagree too. :lol: Probably the only thing I ever will disagree with him on. But like I said before, they've done a few things to the exterior to make it look spooky without having it look decrepid like black mourning drapes over the door.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I actually disagree too. :lol: Probably the only thing I ever will disagree with him on. But like I said before, they've done a few things to the exterior to make it look spooky without having it look decrepid like black mourning drapes over the door.
Ill say that as a child, it was scary enough. :D As an adult, yes, a few additions would be nice.

I like accidents in the design phase. I guess I should say developmental phase. IE: the fountain accident. I know that it would be a complete waste of water since im not certain how easy it would be to recycle, but if there was a small trickle of water coming out. ahh, just a thought.

NX2I85

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I have mad love for Space Mountain just the way it was pre refurb. Sure, it had it's faults (a wee bit rough on my old back at times; painfully slow/dull off-load ramp), but it has always been a big hapy hunk of nostalgia and fun for me.

What I hope/predict...
- spiffy new outside lighting (Dare I hope for a projection system? Between this and the new TTA lighting capabilities, TL could be transformed at night in new and magical ways)
- TLC given to rockets and chain lift (All signs point no major changes to track layout or cars, which is actually OK by me)
- Enclosed load area (apparently this is a given)
- some change in the way guests return to TL after the ride. (The conveyor belt is a logjam when certain parties are in front of you. I get why it takes some folks longer to make the journey up the belt -and am OK with that, but another exit option would be nice. Riding by and seeing yourself on TV is just lame, even for my kids.)
- new load gates (also apparnetly a given. The load area + rocket configuration as it was pre-refurb was an accident waiting to happen.)

EPCOT Explorer

Their Mansion gets refurbished and maintained every year thanks to HMH so it always looks great, it's already been two since years our rehab and it hasn't closed a day. If they don't keep it up with Rehabs, soon enough it'll be back to broken. And they have the Floating Leota too, theirs just broke first since they got it first.

*Waits for the inevitable broken and non-fixedness of Leota that I know will happen here too*

:lol:
Honestly, they have GOT to have been doing SOMETHING right....The whole mansion still looks and feels new. I was in awe back in Aug. Maint. has been doing a stellar job there.
We should form a group....:lol:
Ill say that as a child, it was scary enough. :D As an adult, yes, a few additions would be nice.

I like accidents in the design phase. I guess I should say developmental phase. IE: the fountain accident. I know that it would be a complete waste of water since im not certain how easy it would be to recycle, but if there was a small trickle of water coming out. ahh, just a thought.

Good thought...It would only add.

EPCOTPluto

So being that the re-opening date is so near I can smell it, here's what I predict could happen:
  • New exterior paint job
  • New colour scheme
  • New enclosed queue
  • New SM logo
  • New interactive elements (minus cartoonish characteristics)
  • Retain the old entrance BGM
  • Less bumpy & smoother dual tracks
  • New paint job on the ride vehicles
  • No creaking on the lift hill
  • Remove any references to Fed-Ex
  • New post-show (maybe on Future Living?) :lookaroun
  • Overall, make it more immersive and different than the others. :)

JEANYLASER

So being that the re-opening date is so near I can smell it, here's what I predict could happen:
  • New exterior paint job
  • New colour scheme
  • New enclosed queue
  • New SM logo

Very Awesome idea! I love it!

hpyhnt 1000

• New exterior paint job
  • New colour scheme
  • New enclosed queue
  • New SM logo

Sounds about right to me from what we've seen, though I'm not expecting much in the new post-show, more like repainting, new lights, and maybe (if we're lucky) one or two new figures/AAs. Still not sure about a new logo, paint scheme, or, for that matter, exterior lighting package... :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Sounds about right to me from what we've seen, though I'm not expecting much in the new post-show, more like repainting, new lights, and maybe (if we're lucky) one or two new figures/AAs. Still not sure about a new logo, paint scheme, or, for that matter, exterior lighting package... :shrug:

I think Martin mentioned that the astronauts had been changed.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think Martin mentioned that the astronauts had been changed.

Really? I thought that referred to the two astronauts who are upside down on the spaceship. The ones that you can see from the lifthill and TTA? I could be mistaken though...
nope. The right astronaut is now raising his arms in a "touchdown" type pose on the lift hill of SM.

The astronauts in SSE finale are the ones used in the post show of SM by the exit ramp (conveyor).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom