Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

EpcotServo

I'm not for it. First of all, it would blind you. It takes my eyes a while to adjust after the complete darkness. Second, I think part of the SM experience is complete darkness. Wouldn't people on the lift hill be able to see part of the track?:shrug: We all know that SM is a mediocre coaster at best with the lights on. It's the unexcpected turns and drops in the dark that delievers the thrills.

It's at the Re-entry (Which, if you listen to the Pre-Opening description is described as "A Blinding white flash and a fiery reentry") Which is supposed to have tons of flashes. YOU CAN'T SEE IT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE MOUNTAIN, other than the reentry show scene.

magicmaya

Original Poster
It's at the Re-entry (Which, if you listen to the Pre-Opening description is described as "A Blinding white flash and a fiery reentry") Which is supposed to have tons of flashes. YOU CAN'T SEE IT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE MOUNTAIN, other than the reentry show scene.

That's the best part of the ride in my opinion:lol:

Jasonflz

Both mansions are great for their respective areas. Phantom Manor, however, is probably the creepiest looking one. It even resembles the Bates house a bit.

250px-Phantom_Manor_(Disneyland_Paris).JPG

Psycho%20Wallpaper%206.jpg

panther726

Ok.... But wouldn't be difficult to get a picture of yourself alone without a bunch of random people in your shot. SM's ride vehicles would make that difficult, no?

DisneyNut2007

Actually once Haunted Mansion Holiday starts, theirs will be better, we'll get a break for a little while, then they shall claim the title for the rest of forever because A: Exterior, B: New Orleans Square, C: HMH, D: Being in Disneyland.

Our reign as "Coolest" Haunted Mansion was short lived, but is now over. At least we're passable now, I'll take that.
:lol:

Once again, you are dead wrong and you know it!

Even though I agree that HMH should come to WDW, your post was quite inflammatory and hateful IMO.

I wish that Steve and TheMom could put a stop to the constant WDW-hatred that continues to contaminate this forum... :(

The Conundrum

It's alright. Nothing against Liberty Square, but Have you spent hours just sitting in New Orleans Square? It's heaven. It's Disney Heaven.

Oh, it's cool. I love it. It's perfect for WDW.

But once you've been to Disneyland, when you hear "The Haunted Mansion", You'll forever think of that stately Mansion at the end of the Riverbend, past the charming and bustling sounds of New Oreleans Square, that Mansion angled out in a corner, sitting there beckoning you towards it...That's the Mansion you'll think of.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(And don't get me started on how beautiful it is during Haunted Mansion Holiday.)

Ah the one and only!

Every other mansion is imitation!

EPCOT Explorer

It's alright. Nothing against Liberty Square, but Have you spent hours just sitting in New Orleans Square? It's heaven. It's Disney Heaven.

Oh, it's cool. I love it. It's perfect for WDW.

But once you've been to Disneyland, when you hear "The Haunted Mansion", You'll forever think of that stately Mansion at the end of the Riverbend, past the charming and bustling sounds of New Oreleans Square, that Mansion angled out in a corner, sitting there beckoning you towards it...That's the Mansion you'll think of.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(And don't get me started on how beautiful it is during Haunted Mansion Holiday.)
I think of it that way, only with OUR details. That's OUR mansion.- Charming and quant LS, the imposing brickwork of a aging Mansion, the aura it has at night...the sounds of howling....:D Gothic, foreboding, and evil....HMDL almost looks welcoming.:shrug:
I think Orlando's HM is far more ominous looking.
Yeah. The Edgar Alan Poe look, combined with the "village" of LS lit up at night is chilling.

Difference of opinion as always, Servo!

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar to HKDL's with the hanging planets.

2620780442_bcb33216b7.jpg
Like!! Those are pretty "retro-futuristic looking...It would fit very well.

panther726

I think of it that way, only with OUR details. That's OUR mansion.- Charming and quant LS, the imposing brickwork of a aging Mansion, the aura it has at night...the sounds of howling....:D Gothic, foreboding, and evil....HMDL almost looks welcoming.:shrug:
I completely agree. WDW Haunted Mansion gives you the chills. DL's looks like a warm Southern mansion.

sponono88

I think of it that way, only with OUR details. That's OUR mansion. :D Gothic, foreboding, and evil....HMDL almost looks welcoming.:shrug:

Yeah. The Edgar Alan Poe look, combined with the "village" of LS lit up at night is chilling.

Difference of opinion as always, Servo!

yep, personal preference.. I love DL's mansion - works beautifully with the NOS theme and atmosphere. But I also love the MK's mansion with its darker colors/brickwork.. it has a bit more presence. I like both!

HMH on the other hand.. I'll admit I actually prefer HMH to the original mansion storyline :lookaroun I love seeing the mansion all decked out for the holidays. The twinkling candles/pumpkins and the creepy christmas music playing out in the queue.. and the ride, soundtrack, narration are all perfect. You can't beat the graveyard scene covered in ghostly white snow!

is it Friday yet :D

The Conundrum

DL's mansion looks like a REAL abandoned haunted house. Looks like Candyman is in there haunting the place.

WDW's mansion looks like a theme park ride. It's not authentic. You can even see the show building :ROFLOL:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I completely agree. WDW Haunted Mansion gives you the chills. DL's looks like a warm Southern mansion.

True, there are many houses similar to that not too far from my home.

I guess the Southern Mansion style of architecture is pretty foreign to most Californians so the style works for them. The same style wouldn't work as well in Florida considering the proximity to the real thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom